ADVERTISEMENT

Seventh Woods

Devilinside

Cameron Crazy
Dec 30, 2010
Columbia, SC
The word I get about Seventh Woods from a parent at his school is that he is UNCheat's to lose. When he and his dad visited Duke, K matter-of-factly told him where he would fit in and what to expect without embellishment. Ole Roy, as could be expected, has continuously been on the kid like a bad smell, and has promised him everything he thought the kid wanted to hear, while painting him as an instant superstar. All of this explains why Duke was not listed as one of the schools in the running in an article last week in the State newspaper.

We've been out of this one for a long time, i'm ok with it. Our priority was the PG who will be starting for us next season.

Reactions: Showenuff
I hope he stays home and plays for Frank Martin at South Carolina. Wouldn't be the first big recruit to pick them as of late either.

Coach Martin has built a little momentum lately with the signing of Dozier and Silva. Signing a McD'sA.A. is a huge deal for South Carolina. Back to back 5 stars is unheard of. I have to believe Seventh is weighing the potential for punishment at or negative perception of UNC with being a hometown hero for an unproven squad. I want to root for him, but if he's in the pale blue, that won't be happening.

Both Thornton and Smith are better, Woods just had these crazy mixtapes as a 7th grader. He's the next Tokoto, a player who Duke also pursued early but ended up slowly backing away from. And like Woods, Tokoto was one of the top players in his class in junior high and early high school before others passed him up later on. Also like Woods, Tokoto was a freak athlete with little basketball skills.

Both Thornton and Smith are better, Woods just had these crazy mixtapes as a 7th grader. He's the next Tokoto, a player who Duke also pursued early but ended up slowly backing away from. And like Woods, Tokoto was one of the top players in his class in junior high and early high school before others passed him up later on. Also like Woods, Tokoto was a freak athlete with little basketball skills.

I agree Smith and Thornton are way more skilled. Woods can shoot and dribble though. He's still a legit top 50 player. Comparing him to Tokoto isn't fair IMO.

Maybe he'll be the one who lucks up and says yes to UNC and then gets hit with sanctions and doesn't get to sniff the NCAA tourney in his one season at Chapel Hole.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Hope he goes to UNC. He seems like a head-case that Duke does not need. If he goes to UNC, then he gets to play us. If he plays us, then there is a better than good chance he gets toasted. If he gets toasted, then a lot of local talent will look to Duke. I hope he becomes a Tarheel.

Reactions: Showenuff
He's not a head case, not sure where that is coming from, LT. However, if he does go to UNCheat, I wish him nothing but bricks and turnovers.

Coach Martin has built a little momentum lately with the signing of Dozier and Silva. Signing a McD'sA.A. is a huge deal for South Carolina. Back to back 5 stars is unheard of. I have to believe Seventh is weighing the potential for punishment at or negative perception of UNC with being a hometown hero for an unproven squad. I want to root for him, but if he's in the pale blue, that won't be happening.
If he wants to play right away, he needs to go to The Real Carolina, not to UNCheat. But it is doubtful that he will stay in Columbia, unfortunately. Who knows, maybe between now and signing day, he and his father will figure Ole Roy out.

The word I get about Seventh Woods from a parent at his school is that he is UNCheat's to lose..
This is hardly a surprise. Many of us have been saying this for a long time now.

If Woods likes to play lose minutes to players who probably should never take off the warm ups, UNC might be a good spot for him. (just poking a little fun at Roy's playing time thing. It seems as if he is following the soccer mom formula. Everyone plays and everyone gets a trophy too. : )

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT