ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer staff

Do not want WOJO. When he was here, he was the big man coach under K. Can't put him in the same position now. Terrible for recruiting. I like the idea of new blood and fresh ideas; but, if we stay in Brotherhood, how about Dunleavy, Battier, Boozer, Landlord, Duhon, Laetner, Gminsky, and the list goes on. OFC

Reactions: tw3301
What would Josh Hairston add to the staff? Has he coached under a successful coach somewhere else? That's what we need, other than an older coach with head coaching experience.

Maybe Hairston can be the shooting coach. I don't really have an opinion either way. Often the best coaches are not the best players.

I wish I could forget about it. I drink pilsner, lagers, ales, and sours. Fat Tire is my favorite. I love just about everything New Belgium puts out. Just started drinking beer from a brewery called, Two Pitchers. Really good stuff. Liquor? Gin and tonic is my go to. New Amsterdam is a decent cheaper gin. You?
Man we need to grab a drink together. Love New Belgium and Flat tire . I’m a craft beer enthusiast. You need to try old Mecklingburg brewery if ever in Charlotte .
im a Irish / Scottish whiskey and scotch drinker . Jameson is my main whiskey with Oban and McClailian every once in a while . Scotch is Glenfidich and Glenlivet .

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
What exactly does a special assistant do? Does that mean he's in an office type position and not on bench? Sorry for the dumb question
It's a great question. It means nothing. Years ago I picked the wrong day to watch my brother represent a very guilty client. He kept asking the FBI Agent why he was called a Special Agent . All FBI Agents are Special Agents except for the Director. The FBI agent was furious. The judge and jury laughed, but the case was lost

Man we need to grab a drink together. Love New Belgium and Flat tire . I’m a craft beer enthusiast. You need to try old Mecklingburg brewery if ever in Charlotte .
im a Irish / Scottish whiskey and scotch drinker . Jameson is my main whiskey with Oban and McClailian every once in a while . Scotch is Glenfidich and Glenlivet .
Are you the fellow who said Glenfiddich 15 was better than 18? I've wondered why since you wrote it. I love Laphroaig and Macallan

I had the pleasure of living next door to Quin Snyder. He was too nice. His girlfriend wasn't, but he would just do whatever she said without complaint. I told him that he could do better and he smiled like a 5 year old getting a pony as a gift. He always looked exhausted. Very happy for his success in Utah

Are you the fellow who said Glenfiddich 15 was better than 18? I've wondered why since you wrote it. I love Laphroaig and Macallan
No that was not me at all. I actually only drink scotch every great once in a while. But who ever wrote it don’t know scotch the longer aged the better it is and there is about a hundred dollars difference in those bottles
Which year Macallan ? It is pricy but man is it good .

Reactions: geddoughton23
For sure! We need a DI meet up! @hart2chesson and @christophero you guys gotta be there too! Unfortunately, I don't get to Charlotte all that often. I did manage to hit up several nice spots in Durham this season. Got to see the GOAT 5 more times in Cameron, and all were wins, thankfully.

For sure! We need a DI meet up! @hart2chesson and @christophero you guys gotta be there too! Unfortunately, I don't get to Charlotte all that often. I did manage to hit up several nice spots in Durham this season. Got to see the GOAT 5 more times in Cameron, and all were wins, thankfully.
I’ll be in Charleston for three months on business in about a week a guy was telling me about a whiskey made in Charleston that is supposed to be really good .

I’ll be in Charleston for three months on business in about a week a guy was telling me about a whiskey made in Charleston that is supposed to be really good .
I've been to several great places in the area. Go to Harold's Cabin. Great food and beer. And there's the bonus of potentially seeing owner, Bill Murray there.

No that was not me at all. I actually only drink scotch every great once in a while. But who ever wrote it don’t know scotch the longer aged the better it is and there is about a hundred dollars difference in those bottles
Which year Macallan ? It is pricy but man is it good .
I don't buy it. I'm too cheap. Plus, I would drink too much. I help my rich friend whenever he needs me and he tries to impress me. Macallans 21 is at least tied for first

I don't buy it. I'm too cheap. Plus, I would drink too much. I help my rich friend whenever he needs me and he tries to impress me. Macallans 21 is at least tied for first
That’s close to a 550 dollar bottle . Every time I go to the liquor store I have to talk myself out of wanting it . They have four bottles on the very top shelf but to be honest Oban is about a 100 a bottle and if you get the chance try it . It’s well worth the money . That’s why people don’t drink with me lol I can’t drink cheap or a lot of domestic beer .

That’s close to a 550 dollar bottle . Every time I go to the liquor store I have to talk myself out of wanting it . They have four bottles on the very top shelf but to be honest Oban is about a 100 a bottle and if you get the chance try it . It’s well worth the money . That’s why people don’t drink with me lol I can’t drink cheap or a lot of domestic beer .
Thanks. My favourite restaurant went from inexpensive to fancy over the years. A salesman from California ordered Macallan 18. I whispered to him that a double was only $2 more. He had several doubles and insisted on buying one for me. I was hooked. I usually don't have fancy tastes, but I do for Scotch

Reactions: sheyduke
Saw this too....Another Blue Devil if true- K's suggestion?

OFC
Hart2chesson, thanks for your thread about Manek and the concussion protocol. My friend's daughter needed a topic for an essay in her Ethics class .

On the one hand, the player is playing the last game of his career and desperately wants to play. The coach knows that his team will be blown out if the player is ruled out. On the other hand, the player is almost certainly concussed and another hard blow could make him punch drunk at age 55.

I selfishly wanted him to play, but I was ashamed for feeling that way

Reactions: hart2chesson
Thanks. My favourite restaurant went from inexpensive to fancy over the years. A salesman from California ordered Macallan 18. I whispered to him that a double was only $2 more. He had several doubles and insisted on buying one for me. I was hooked. I usually don't have fancy tastes, but I do for Scotch
Love scotch . I drink Macallan with my dad when I fly home( he makes way more then me ). A friend of mine went to Dublin last year and brought some Jameson orange label back. I thought it was Jameson orange( don’t drink it ) but this was a more aged version only sold in Ireland . One of the best I’ve ever tasted .

Try Highland Park Scotch.

Hart2chesson, thanks for your thread about Manek and the concussion protocol. My friend's daughter needed a topic for an essay in her Ethics class .

On the one hand, the player is playing the last game of his career and desperately wants to play. The coach knows that his team will be blown out if the player is ruled out. On the other hand, the player is almost certainly concussed and another hard blow could make him punch drunk at age 55.

I selfishly wanted him to play, but I was ashamed for feeling that way
Understand the mixed feelings ged! Hope the essay yields a good grade. OFC

Do any of you think Quinn Cook would want to be an assistant or in player development? Think he's playing overseas now but he would bring alot of NBA cred to the program with all the rings he has won. He would also keep the DC/MD/VA (DMV) connection to the program after since Nolan left.

Could be nothing, but RR has a thread that Jai Lucas may be joining the Duke staff. Just rumor at this point.

Saw that, he'd be a good assistant. I'd rather have someone else, but he's what everyone wants with him being a guy outside the brotherhood.

Reactions: christophero
I like the Nova methodology...maybe someone with knowledge and experience under Dixon would bring in some fresh new approaches...especially for our defense
Please< I hope we add some big time versatility to our defense. Coach K won a ton of games with his style of defense that he taught. I really believe that it was more than the OAD type players wanted to invest in. They are at Duke to display their offensive talent and just seemed like they didnt want to invest a ton of time communicating and playing hard nose D for 40 minutes or they just couldnt grasp the concept in a couple of months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT