ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer staff

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
I might have missed this last summer since I wasn’t on here but is Jon keeping the same staff together or bringing in new folks?

I might have missed this last summer since I wasn’t on here but is Jon keeping the same staff together or bringing in new folks?
Nolan is staying . He said so when Scheyer was announced as head coach in waiting .
don’t know about CWell but I suspect Amile gets bumped up . Might see one or two additions .

I doubt there will be any announcements until after the season and we wait to see if Nolan and/or Carrawell leave. I hope he brings in an experienced coach from outside the system, maybe someone who specializes in defense, but I don't think he will.
I agree with Liftee. Would love to see something similar to what Penny Hardaway did with Memphis in bringing in Larry Brown. Can't get much more experienced than that :):)

Last edited:
I would love Wojo coming in.. I’m fine with Nolan but we need a wojo or Collins on the bench or a sure fire nba player.. I know jj said if K asked him to come coach he would do it maybe we could get him on the bench…

Reactions: germantondevil
I would love Wojo coming in.. I’m fine with Nolan but we need a wojo or Collins on the bench or a sure fire nba player.. I know jj said if K asked him to come coach he would do it maybe we could get him on the bench…
He said that!? By gawd he should be the first call

Reactions: germantondevil
We need someone to not be politically correct. Tell the kids what they don't want to hear sometimes. Tell them they're not ready for the next level. If I remember correctly, Memphis didn't get their season turned around until Penny said something similar in a postgame conference

I'm still surprised that Sheldon Williams never made it back to the coaching staff... heck at least run a defensive camp each year. I'd like wojo. I think he is humble enough to take a side assistant role for a young new coach. Scheyer, Carrawell, Nolan, Amile, Wojo... I like it... Even better IF AND A BIG IF JJ joined.

My picks-

If we have to stay in the “brotherhood” bring in wojo, then make a combination of Sheldon, Boozer, battier, redick say no.. dream would be laet but I can’t see him coming under any circumstance

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I would double the salary of a good NBA assistant. Run some real NBA plays. Take advantage of mismatches, utilize a quick play at the end of the half to get an extra possession, etc. Teach how to defend ball screens

I would double the salary of a good NBA assistant. Run some real NBA plays. Take advantage of mismatches, utilize a quick play at the end of the half to get an extra possession, etc. Teach how to defend ball screens
That is one of the smartest things I have read on here.

Reactions: DBM0828
Scheyer should look into hiring some of the posters on the board. We have a ton of division 1 coaches here.
Last I checked, this is a basketball message board. Where Duke basketball is discussed. That’s always your go to line, There’s nothing wrong with this. Quit trying to act like you’re the proper fan, and the ones who are venting aren’t.
I’m sure if you want to wager some money, other teams message boards do the same thing.

Last I checked, this is a basketball message board. Where Duke basketball is discussed. That’s always your go to line, There’s nothing wrong with this. Quit trying to act like you’re the proper fan, and the ones who are venting aren’t.
I’m sure if you want to wager some money, other teams message boards do the same thing.
It's venting to constantly hate on the team and K. Got it.

This team gets plenty of credit when things go well. But we've layed 2 pretty big eggs the past week in arguably our 2 biggest games of the year. People are going to be concerned. Still time to right the ship. Nothing cures like winning.

Reactions: DBM0828
Basketball is a very simple game. There are people on message boards who would do just fine. When Catoor made his first two 3s last night, it was obvious that his stroke was perfect. You give Blakes or Moore the assignment to face guard him. Don't let him take a shot

Basketball is a very simple game. There are people on message boards who would do just fine. When Catoor made his first two 3s last night, it was obvious that his stroke was perfect. You give Blakes or Moore the assignment to face guard him. Don't let him take a shot
Agree with Moore. Would be tough for Blakes; guy has played no meaningful minutes in conference play.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I would not bump them up. Duke needs some fresh eyes with a different perspective
The only one that can be bumped up is Amile. Nolan and CWell are assistant head coaches. Nolan or CWell will take Scheyers spot and Amile didn’t move to Durham to stay player development. My guess would be a return of Wojo unless he takes another head coaching job. Nolan is fresh eyes also one of the reasons recruits want to come to Duke. I think Scheyer is going to switch things up. One of the reasons he praises Blake’s.

Not seen it mentioned here but there are rumors out linking Kenny Payne (for HC) and Nolan Smith (asst. Coach) to Louisville.
Both have exceptionally deep roots to the city of Louisville. Nolan is still a HUGE Louisville fan and considering his background and family ties to the city, definitely may have some merit to said rumors.
At the end of the day who knows, rumors are just that, Rumors. But interesting to say the least.

It's all relative.
I get it . Really do some think K is beyond criticism. I don’t . I love Duke but to say the product that has hit the court lately is Duke basketball I’d be lying. I’d rather see all five players foul out giving their all then watch a superior team lose. We see the talent we see the legend but don’t see anyone on the same page .

Reactions: pisgah101
They looked pretty good in February and I thought Duke had turned a corner. Alas, this week has proven otherwise. Maybe K has one more great run in him to surprise everyone.

Not seen it mentioned here but there are rumors out linking Kenny Payne (for HC) and Nolan Smith (asst. Coach) to Louisville.
Both have exceptionally deep roots to the city of Louisville. Nolan is still a HUGE Louisville fan and considering his background and family ties to the city, definitely may have some merit to said rumors.
At the end of the day who knows, rumors are just that, Rumors. But interesting to say the least.
I would be shocked if this is true. That would be a lateral move, and likely not a raise at all. He may like Louisville since his dad went there, but he doesn't like them more than Duke. Can't see anyway he would leave for that opportunity, plus he and Scheyer are like brothers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT