.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

There were some very curious rebounding calls, especially considering what Matt Jones fouled out on, but Yale was allowed to do on the tip-in to cut it to 3.

If you looked at the final boxscore just looking at the final totals, Duke had a good day. There high was really high, but there bad was very bad. Do I wish it was a little more consistent, absolutely. This is a young team, and inconsistency will happen (yes we were young last year, but they had a lot more talent and Quinn Cook). The ND game, the Irish made that big run and Duke did nothing to stem the tide. EVERYTHING was on Yale's side in for 7-8 minutes in that second half, but the Blue Devils never let the lead slip below 7 until the very end of the game (and even then, never got less than 7).

They made their FT's in clutch time. They handled the press like the last 7-8 minutes. They blew a big lead like ND, but they never really were completely out of control. This team showed a lot of heart that quite frankly we would not have seen had Duke cruised to a 15-20 point win. So while everyone is spouting "survive and advance" and doom and gloom, excuse me for being a little the glass is half full.

If you want all the negatives, you can certainly get that from everyone else.

Yes and those crunch time free throws had a big hand in the win but it should have never came down to it. And again the refs didn't play into it. OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
To the guy giving Ingram the finger in the Santa outfit, sit and rotate:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../

That is almost art.

Did I ever say the refs played into it. I pointed out Matt Jones' fifth was awful and Plums third and fourth were awful calls.

And I am not going to argue the fact that it should not (and I wish it had not) come down to the free throws. However, there are still many positives that came out of this game, and some of them would not have occurred had Duke led by 15-20 the entire second half. Not happy it came to that, and I am sure coach K and the team would concur on that note. But at the end of the day, Yale made it past a talented but undisciplined Baylor team in to the second round. These guys can ball. They showed it today, they showed it in November.

Do we not remember Yale giving Duke all they could handle in the first half in Cameron, even with Amile?

Did I ever say the refs played into it. I pointed out Matt Jones' fifth was awful and Plums third and fourth were awful calls.

And I am not going to argue the fact that it should not (and I wish it had not) come down to the free throws. However, there are still many positives that came out of this game, and some of them would not have occurred had Duke led by 15-20 the entire second half. Not happy it came to that, and I am sure coach K and the team would concur on that note. But at the end of the day, Yale made it past a talented but undisciplined Baylor team in to the second round. These guys can ball. They showed it today, they showed it in November.

Do we not remember Yale giving Duke all they could handle in the first half in Cameron, even with Amile?

Well i guess we both can agree we are happy Duke won today. OFC

I work in an environment where I cannot comment on the refs, and that is really hard at a D3. Try playing a team who was called for 8 fouls first 8 minutes, the refs remember they are a number one seed, and then they are called for one offensive foul the final 12 minutes...

There are question marks about this team I feel better about after today is all I am saying. And, do you think at this point Duke is really 20 points better than anyone left?

To the guy giving Ingram the finger in the Santa outfit, sit and rotate:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../

This seems like it took a long time..I like it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT