ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Sport Teams

Duke - All collegiate sports that I keep up with except collegiate wrestling. Still will pull for them but I have an old wrestling connection with UNC's current coach and a personal friendship with Coach Lam who was there for 30 years.

NBA - I am fluid as I cheer for players not teams. Heavy on Duke players but love what Curry has done - is doing with Warriors. Have to cheer for him as I have a Davidson family connection and I like to see players that played in North Carolina do well.

NFL - I am a Panthers fan as hard as that is to admit/be.

Boxing - big fan of the sweet science - no particular boxer just love a good bout.

1. Duke Basketball/Florida State Football
2. Duke Lax
3. Anyone that plays UNCheat in any sport
4. Carolina Hurricanes
5. Redskins
6. Spurs

1. Duke Basketball- the only event I must watch live. No DVRing
2. Philadelphia Eagles-dads from Philly-I grew up in Md but no Baltimore Colts and no Ravens till I was 15. By then I was already a diehard Eags fan.
3. Baltimore Orioles. Ripken was my hero growing up.

My brother lives in Charlotte & said it is exploding there. Hopefully NCAA plays FF in Charlotte one year.
lacross has been in full explosion in the northeast as you know Laettner. It is spreading now too. It is taking away from the soccer participation numbers among youngsters in this part of the country and soccer is big up here.

that's sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I'm from North GA about an hour outside of Atlanta. the sport is growing pretty fast in the ATL and is slowly moving up to where I live. Looking for do watching it grow in my community

Another N. GA person here!

1. Duke
2. Pittsburgh Pirates
3. UNC-Greensboro Baseball (alumni/ex-player)
4. Dallas Cowboys

I'm from Northern NY, so there's not many professional sports within 5 hours (Just Buffalo). So that caused me to choose teams for myself at a young age. And now here they lay:

1) Duke Basketball
2) Rutgers Football (2 cousins played there)
3) Dallas Cowboys
4) Los Angeles Lakers
5) New York Yankees

And when my cousin(Brian Leonard) played in the NFL, and still could next year, his team was my favorite over all of the above--Rams>Bengals>Bucs

Last edited:
1. Duke of course
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Cincinnati Reds
4. Whoever is playing the cheaters

Hey crazy, I grew up in Charlotte and lived there my whole life until recently. I moved just across the line into SC. Sorry but I truly despise the panthers. The fans here are just total idiots. Must come with the name.....Carolina???

OFC

Hey crazy, I grew up in Charlotte and lived there my whole life until recently. I moved just across the line into SC. Sorry but I truly despise the panthers. The fans here are just total idiots. Must come with the name.....Carolina???

OFC

Our fans certainly aren't the best but it's why we need more dedicated people . Why would you despise them?
Sure they can play awful sometimes, but can't pull for a team when they only win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT