5. Oats/Kelvin Sampson- had a tough time picking between these two

Reactions: hart2chesson
Who you got??

1. Rick Pitino- I’d take him with even talent over any coach active

2. Self- 2 ships, consistently good

3. Pearl- come at me haters LOL

4. Larranaga- gotta have an ACC coach and I think this is the best one

Every single one of these coaches (minus Oats I believe) have had a major NCAA scandal lol. Not sure if Larranaga was directly involved, but Miami got hit hard by the Adidas thing.

If you ain’t cheating then you ain’t trying. All these guys are great coaches. I’d add Sean Miller (has Xavier really good again) and Matt Painter.

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
Every single one of these coaches (minus Oats I believe) have had a major NCAA scandal lol. Not sure if Larranaga was directly involved, but Miami got hit hard by the Adidas thing.

If you ain’t cheating then you ain’t trying. All these guys are great coaches. I’d add Sean Miller (has Xavier really good again) and Matt Painter.
Yup.. the rest just haven’t been caught

I don't think Scheyer will cheat.

I don't think Matt Painter cheats.

I don't think Jay Wright cheated.

I don't think Tony Bennett cheats.

I don't think Leonard Hamilton cheats.

I don't think Mark Few cheats but I could be wrong.

It's hard to say. I want to think we never cheated. I think if I were not a Duke fan the whole Zion house thing and other things would make me think something was going on with Nike. But I choose not to believe that, because I would probably stop following our program if it came out we were knowingly cheating under coach K. I don't think he cheated, but sometimes I do wonder if I'm being naive. Maybe Nike/boosters did it without K knowing? At least now NIL is over the table. Would be disappointing if true, esp as guys like Scheyer and Dawkins would likely be involved. So I say no.

Last edited:
I don't think Scheyer will cheat.

I don't think Matt Painter cheats.

I don't think Jay Wright cheated.

I don't think Tony Bennett cheats.

I don't think Leonard Hamilton cheats.

I don't think Mark Few cheats but I could be wrong.
Cheating is probably the wrong term to use. Maybe “doing what everyone else does to stay competitive.” Plus what was a violation then, is not now. Look at Sampson: his tenure at IU ended because he sent a few text messages in August to a recruit, something that is legal now. I’ve always been under the impression that all of the top college basketball players have been getting paid since the 80’s. Just my opinion. Some with actual money and some with other things. Which again, is not against the rules now.

The worst is when these coaches get caught red-handed, and still lie about it. A’la Pitino, Self, Sean Miller, and many others.

Do you think coach K ever cheated? And by that, knew players were getting paid under the table whether it be cars, houses, whatever.

Cheating is probably the wrong term to use. Maybe “doing what everyone else does to stay competitive.” Plus what was a violation then, is not now. Look at Sampson: his tenure at IU ended because he sent a few text messages in August to a recruit, something that is legal now. I’ve always been under the impression that all of the top college basketball players have been getting paid since the 80’s. Just my opinion. Some with actual money and some with other things. Which again, is not against the rules now.

The worst is when these coaches get caught red-handed, and still lie about it. A’la Pitino, Self, Sean Miller, and many others.

Do you think coach K ever cheated? And by that, knew players were getting paid under the table whether it be cars, houses, whatever.

This!

On a side note I know first handed of some low level local D1 football guys when asked where they were going they said it depended on who gave them the most.. I also know of some late 80s early 90s local guys that went high level D1 and all had brand new cars after signing

Reactions: DanTheDukeFan1982
Bill Self, Mark Few, Kelvin Sampson, Tony Bennett, and Chris Beard's UFC career took off, or I would've said him.

Reactions: pisgah101
Who you got??

1. Rick Pitino- I’d take him with even talent over any coach active

2. Self- 2 ships, consistently good

3. Pearl- come at me haters LOL

4. Larranaga- gotta have an ACC coach and I think this is the best one

I don't think Ol' Roy cheated!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OFC
I think he cheated. He won a natty with players who majored in AFAM and he knew about it. No use for the man. Hypocrite untrust worthy. I could go on and on. OFC

I think he cheated. He won a natty with players who majored in AFAM and he knew about it. No use for the man. Hypocrite untrust worthy. I could go on and on. OFC
Frank McGuire cheated. Mr. 4 Corners cheated. They all cheated.
Sky, Lift- they don't call it "Cheater Hill" for nothing! OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT