ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 8 night 1

Elite Eight - Saturday Games

Wisconsin vs Arizona followed by Kentucky vs Notre Dame. I'll take the #1 in each game.

The Badger are off to a decent start leading 12-8. This should be a fun game.

Re: Elite Eight - Saturday Games

Looks like I started the same thread at the same time pigsah. I'll merge the two together.

Re: Elite Eight - Saturday Games

Thanks jay haha sorry I did that was surprised it wasn't up already! This first game is gunna be a good one

pisgah...don't let dukiejay punk you like that. Make him delete his thread! Typical Jay...

Dekker (not one of my favs) is really stepping up in the tourney. The combo of he and Frank may be to much for Zona.

AZ not getting the benefit on many calls either.....

Originally posted by dukiejay:
Wisconsin just looks like th better team....but making seven of eight three's will do that for any team.
True. It feels like Arizona is a bit limited offensively compared to the Badgers; just not as many ways to score.

All discussion of this game needs to include the caveat that the best team in the region isn't even playing because of the refs.

I dunno, 15-20 if they got a fair shake from the refs. It's been a long time since that happened, as we all know.

Yeah, UNC would destroy both of these teams if the refs and NCAA weren't so blatantly against them.

If there was any doubt whether or not Dekker is a first-round pick he just answered that the last two games. Wow.

Let's go Notre Dame. If the Irish can hit some shots early and give themselves confidence, then this could be a game.

OFC

Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:
Let's go Notre Dame. If the Irish can hit some shots early and give themselves confidence, then this could be a game.

OFC
If they aren't going to call Kentucky for fouling at the rim, then notre dame is going to have a long night.

Nice take by Auguste. He needs to get that foul call. Of course, he got the ticky-tack one called on him at the other end.

Originally posted by barkingpumpkin:

OFC
If they aren't going to call Kentucky for fouling at the rim, then notre dame is going to have a long night.
Yep, you're right. That was an obvious foul on the block of the dunk. But Notre Dame is already showing more fight than I've seen from the last few teams to play UK. I still think if they're able to make some 3's they can hang in this game. We'll see.

OFC

If ND can just stay close. I think they can do it. OFC

Originally posted by dukiejay:
Nice take by Auguste. He needs to get that foul call. Of course, he got the ticky-tack one called on him at the other end.
I thought I heard the PA announcer say Vasturia

Originally posted by skysdad:
If ND can just stay close. I think they can do it. OFC
Yeah, I would like to see how Kentucky handles a close game for a change. ND is not backing down.

OFC

The Irish are going to need to make a few jumpers. All in all, they're rebounding about as well as expected. Pound for pound, Connaughton is one of the toughest kids in the country.

Brey has a good game plan so far. Spread the floor, cut to the basket, and make KY's speed win out more than their size.

KY sure is getting some calls (or lack thereof when they foul).

Unbelievable. If the refs are going to call that crap then the Irish have less than zero chance to win. What's even worse is how late the whistle blew.

A few phantom calls against nd..what did Auguste do?

Auguste was eating the Wildcats lunch...and 2 sorry calls against him. That is going to hurt big time.

OFC

Auguste was eating the Wildcats lunch...and 2 sorry calls against him. That is going to hurt big time.

OFC
Towns can't believe the refs had the gall to call one on him.

Originally posted by barkingpumpkin:

OFC
Towns can't believe the refs had the gall to call one on him.
He's not the only one...I couldn't believe it myself. ND came to play.

OFC

Notre Dame's effort is superlative. If they had any luck, or calls, they would be ahead by 7 or 8 points at least.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT