ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Sorry guys out in Los Angeles trying to catch a flight back to Kansas. This one's going to be short and sweet.

Always excited to start the ACC season even though I wish it was under a different pretense. Once again we're not at full strength but Grayson deserves the punishment he got so we're going to have to learn to play without him.

After two rusty games between semester tests and Christmas I'm a little concerned about how we come out today. Hopefully though, we had enough time to work some kinks out at practice.

We will also get to find out if Virginia Tech is for real or not.

Game is slated for a 12pm est and will air on ESPN2 HD.

Duke 78

Virginia Tech 70

GO DUKE!!!!!!

Im really hoping to see our guys starting to gel and having a bunch of fun in the process.

Duke 82
V tech 70

I don't see us winning this one. VT is for real and playing at home and we're still not right...hope I'm wrong

No one handles adversity better than K. I expect a fired up Duke team. If we hit our shots this one will be fun for us. Got Duke by 10-12. I'll throw out 79-69.

Cassel Colisseum is not a shooters paradise. Amile's production will be vital if Duke is to win. Tech is a balanced scoring squad and they gang rebound. This one is going to be another VT/Duke battle. No prediction from me.

A dog fight. Tech comes out gunning looking to see how Luke shoots seeing as he is one of the premier scoring options on the floor with Tatum. I think we see a couple bugs in this game Bolden and Jeter

Duke wins

Last edited:
No Allen, no flow. Luke keeps us in it for a while but VT wins by 9. Commentators talk more about Grayson than the game for a solid two hours.

No Allen, no flow. Luke keeps us in it for a while but VT wins by 9. Commentators talk more about Grayson than the game for a solid two hours.
I anticipate muting this game within five min. Either that or we could play a drinking game where everyone drinks when they say or show Grayson on the bench, if he will even be there. Blacksburg will equal blackout for this board.

I'm a little nervous about this one. Duke tends to struggle at VT, and they have a good veteran squad. Let alone it's another game after a break. If Tatum takes 22 shots again I hope he hits more than he did against Elon. Hope to see Jackson step up.

Luke and Amile show out and show us they're our leaders. Tatum has a very solid game as well.

Duke 72
VT 64

I'm not really sure what to expect from Duke today. I hope they can get it together quickly or this one could get away. VT is shooting just a hair under 40% from 3...and average 9 made 3's a game. We need a good start.

Duke 73
VT 70

OFC

K has them ready, we see a smooth rotation and solid D!! Amile is the man today. I'm feeling good

Great game to see where duke is at. A lot of previous years duke has made a lot of adjustments post playing at vtech. This year duke should have made more adjustments coming in. Now is where PG play and post defense/rebounding are crucial. Need frank to step up at pg and need someone to step up and help amile preferably bolden and or Giles.

Warm ups...
Today's starters—Matt Jones, Frank Jackson, Luke Kennard, Jayson Tatum and Amile Jefferson Jackson in for Allen as expected

Amile needs to box out, he's getting out jumped on every board. Nothin coming easy yet again. Take this first punch and settle in

It's frustrating to have so much talent and not seeing it come together. The offense deems so lost.

Reactions: DukeCE2006
I believe Tatum and Jackson can attack the basket any time they please.

It is really really early but going into this game I knew it would be tough. We are still out of sync offensively. The team really is still in October mode with its ever changing starting lineup. Let's hope our D can keep it close.

I'm gonna have to drink to watch this shit. Incredibly frustrating. We have good position and still foul

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT