ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- duke vs fsu

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Well after such a wonderful thread asking if I should keep my job, I displayed a great error in judgement in forgetting we played today LOL. (Thanks for the reminder texts HAHA)

Duke comes in as a heavy favorite at 17 points over a struggling FSU with a record of 4-10. I never count out the Seminoles though and the lion of a coach Leonard Hamilton roaming the sidelines. Fun fact, coach Hamilton sings gospel music in his spare time and is also the youngest looking 74 year old in the world.

I got duke in a close one

74-68

If you’d like to change your vote on if I should keep my job feel free to……. :(

Well after such a wonderful thread asking if I should keep my job, I displayed a great error in judgement in forgetting we played today LOL. (Thanks for the reminder texts HAHA)

Duke comes in as a heavy favorite at 17 points over a struggling FSU with a record of 4-10. I never count out the Seminoles though and the lion of a coach Leonard Hamilton roaming the sidelines. Fun fact, coach Hamilton sings gospel music in his spare time and is also the youngest looking 74 year old in the world.

I got duke in a close one

74-68

If you’d like to change your vote on if I should keep my job feel free to……. :(
73-65 Duke

Reactions: pisgah101
Blakes and Young have all our points . Everyone else can’t buy a shot at the moment think Duke is 2for 11 on jump shots

Reactions: christophero
Blakes and Young came to play. Not sure I want them being our leading scorers. Roach is already 0-5. STOP SHOOTING THREES
21-13 Duke

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsession3
Mitchell and Flip and Lively and Proctor have been awfully quiet. Not a point between them. Still we are up 9. Blakes with 11 points. Ryan Young with 12 points, 6 rebounds, 5-5 from the field. Strange game. Our freshman look half asleep, but we're winning so no complaints.
42-25 Duke.
Blakes and Young first half MVPs. Whitehead playing good with 8. Grandison hit 2 threes.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
Our defense has been really good today.

I wish they would run some easy sets to get Flip something easy around the basket instead of him hovering around the perimeter all the time. He really needs to see a few go in…

Ryan Young has been excellent! But our offense still is really bad. You are not going to get this kind of shooting from Blake’s very often….kinda fools gold.

Looking forward to see if Whitehead can start to come on and change the dynamic of this team going forward….or not.

It’s strange he’s playing good the last two games and deserved his start.

Flip I think has hit his freshman wall he looks lost on both ends. Lively has to stay healthy and on the court and no one is playing better then young right now .

Good defense. Blakes playing like an all ACC guard the last 2 games. I'm beginning to think this is all we're getting from Lively. He's just not strong enough. Flip is picking a bad time to hit a freshman wall. We need to get him some buckets.

Good defense. Blakes playing like an all ACC guard the last 2 games. I'm beginning to think this is all we're getting from Lively. He's just not strong enough.
He was coming on fine with his shot blocking but getting sick again killed his progress. Not sure this team is built for his playing style . He has to play off lobs and put backs .

It’s strange he’s playing good the last two games and deserved his start.

Flip I think has hit his freshman wall he looks lost on both ends. Lively has to stay healthy and on the court and no one is playing better then young right now .
Agreed. Every freshman hits that wall (exception being Zion and Bagley) so hopefully it isn't for long. He's still been our best overall player first 10-11 games so I'm not overly worried.

Thank God for Young and Blakes. The vets are carrying us right now. I like Blakes starting from now on. Proctor can be our back up guard. Blakes brings a toughness, and he's scoring now too.
U Conn goes down to Xavier.

Scheyer better call a timeout before this turns into a game…

Us being offensively challenged probably prevents us from blowing out any decent team. Duke by 12.

I just tuned in. Has Roach been limping the whole game or did he just reinjure the toe.

Whitehead looks good. Roach is definitely not 100 percent with that toe. Duke up 11. Young with 18. 7-7 from the field.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine that Roach is 100%. He had a lousy game against Wake and he’s been slow today.

What’s up with Flip??

Let’s play tough defense and finish this. Hope home court and move on.

And here comes Mitchell. Is it just me or is he a second half guy?
71-56 Duke
Young is perfect from the field and has 20 and 12. Those are Bill Walton college stats haha
Blakes with 17 for the second straight game.
Whitehead has 13 points.
Good workmanlike win. Only complaint is no production from Lively and Roach seems hobbled.
Final 86-67

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
Hopefully the beginning of something big about to come from Whitehead.

And here comes Mitchell. Is it just me or is he a second half guy?
71-56 Duke
Young is perfect from the field and has 20 and 12. Those are Bill Walton college stats haha
Blakes with 17 for the second straight game.
Whitehead has 13 points.
Good workmanlike win. Only complaint is no production from Lively and Roach seems hobbled.
Mitchell got moved to the four and was able to attack…I think he’s better there but won’t get minutes because of Filip…

A win is a win. Main guys are playing like crap. We can win like this at home but on the road it may not work out. Onto the next
I was just thinking that. Young and Blakes can't carry us on the road. Still; we took care of business today. Pretty pleased with our effort today. Whitehead is coming on, and Mitchell had a nice second half.

Last edited:
Obviously Ryan and Blakes stole the show, and it was nice to get a game in after such a long break. Solid W and I'll take it. One thing that jumps out on the negative...Lively had 0 points, 1 board and 0 assist. That's gotta change.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT