ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- duke vs fsu

I think it would be smart, for a while, to have Flip work out of the post more often. The perimeter and even high post have been a challenge for him lately, and at times he can be a turnover machine. That said, he is very physical and pretty good around the rim. I'd like to see him getting his footing down low and then work his way back out.
Flip got honest choices to decide , does he want teams to see him as a high post or 'learn' the low post while in college. One of those options will either expose or benefit his stock or he will need to improve his 'game' completely.

I think it would be smart, for a while, to have Flip work out of the post more often. The perimeter and even high post have been a challenge for him lately, and at times he can be a turnover machine. That said, he is very physical and pretty good around the rim. I'd like to see him getting his footing down low and then work his way back out.
Learn the post!

Has Flip attempted any baby hook shots? Maybe Young can teach him some crafty low post moves. (when Young is done playing he should be big man coach at Duke)

Reactions: jamsession3
Has Flip attempted any baby hook shots? Maybe Young can teach him some crafty low post moves. (when Young is done playing he should be big man coach at Duke)
Flip doesn’t need the hook shot down low he simply just needs to be given the ball down low and go to work . Young is an old school big and Flip is the modern era big .

Flip doesn’t need the hook shot down low he simply just needs to be given the ball down low and go to work . Young is an old school big and Flip is the modern era big .
The both of them can benefit from playing each other in practice. Flip will need some of Young's moves as he grows into the game. As for Young, he might've reached his peak.

The both of them can benefit from playing each other in practice. Flip will need some of Young's moves as he grows into the game. As for Young, he might've reached his peak.
Young seems to be benefiting a lot going against Flip but Flip just needs to do his thing and play inside out .

Reactions: jamsession3
I'm not sure Young has peaked yet. Playing against Lively seems to have helped him. He dominated FSU's big men. He is showing less hesitation when he gets the ball down low.

It was nice to see Young go left on that one play against FSU. He typically pump fakes and then extends to his right. The more he can diversify his post moves, the more effective he can continue to be.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT