ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VA TECH ACC FINALS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

College basketball has largely turned into throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks.

This team has talent, this team isn't coached. K is the GOAT, but he hasn't been a very good coach for awhile now. I know that pisses some off here, but its the truth.
I’ll stick by my statement! When is the last time any poster saw K call a time out 35 seconds in the second half and see a player laughing and let him back in the game ? Keels was laughing he don’t want to be here Paolo does but I feel for Scheyer because he took the keys to the NCAA gleague team .

Why wait so late to switch things up on defense? I am not seeing the urgency from the coaching in that regard. I hope we change that. We have a long team, a trap can be effective. At least get them off rhythm

We just lost by 15. We drop to a 3 seed, and get a tough team in the sweet 16. We don't defend. How are we going to make a run like that? The ACC sucks this year. Still time to turn it around. But we are just not a smart team. And that is why I started to cheer for Duke in the 80's. It's getting hard to watch this product. We can turn it around; but I am not confident.
Stop just stop ! There is no time to turn it around . This team ain’t fixing anything . It is what it is .

This team can’t handle pressure at all. They will experience game pressure first game in the NCAA tournament and will fold like paper champs. Not how I thought Coach K will go out I see another first round upset coming. Very disappointing

Stop just stop ! There is no time to turn it around . This team ain’t fixing anything . It is what it is .
Trying to be positive lol. We can still make a run, but we don't stop anyone. Our D is horrible. VT just lit us up like a Christmas tree. But we can still make a run, with the right match ups. But Good Lord this team needs the right match ups.

Trying to be positive lol. We can still make a run, but we don't stop anyone. Our D is horrible.
There ain’t no run left! I’ve been a Duke fan since 91 and I can’t remember a time when Duke has been so predictable except the last six years. By the way I was nine then living in Vegas.

Reactions: pisgah101
Trying to be positive lol. We can still make a run, but we don't stop anyone. Our D is horrible. VT just lit us up like a Christmas tree. But we can still make a run, with the right match ups.

we just got curb stomped by a team that be a 12, the lowest a major conference team can be, our second round game will automatically be a better team.. we aren’t making a run we have a better chance at making someone’s college career next Friday night

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
I hear you guys. The signs are there for an early exit. But we can still change that. I still have hope. But it's hope; not expectation. God help us if I'm the most optimistic poster ha

Trying to be positive lol. We can still make a run, but we don't stop anyone. Our D is horrible. VT just lit us up like a Christmas tree. But we can still make a run, with the right match ups. But Good Lord this team needs the right match ups.
I agree, but i think it’s unlikely our opponents are going to be high school teams.

Reactions: christophero
I hear you guys. The signs are there for an early exit. But we can still change that. I still have hope. But it's hope; not expectation. God help us if I'm the most optimistic poster ha
I’m optimistic. I’m optimistic that I don’t need to bother taking off a Monday .

Reactions: KDSTONE
Mercer and Lehigh... I’m going to leave this right here! Thought I would be sipping my Jefferson’s Ocean to celebrate a win not drown my misery! Congrats Hokies, way to play for that banner!

just outcoached. Everyone knew they were going to focus on ISO’ing Mark. Built their confidence and it gave them more and more energy - started getting the 50/50 balls and raised their game.

sadly, there is a blueprint to beating Duke and we see it time and time again. Same damn thing every time. Honestly, I think we are safer to play a higher ranked team that tries to run “their own stuff” vice teams like tech who will adjust their entire game plan. And as a result, big props to Mike Young.

We have to have Williams in the game to win. I know small ball worked a couple times but that's not the answer. Williams defense and rebounding is the key going in the tourney. Hopefully we don't get matched up with forward/center that can play outside

Yes I think we drop to a 3 seed. It's all about matchups now. Let's make a run, because I am tired of opposing fan bases mocking us for underachieving. I think we at least need to make the final four for some retribution.

Turned off the game after Duke missed 4 layups in the first half and Tech hit those 3s. Coach K got schooled by a good coach with a real game plan. K has been doing this same thing for a long time. Are the assistant coaches too afraid to tell him we should make adjustments?

I still love K and appreciate everything the man has done for Duke. Bad night. VT couldn't miss.
No one is doubting K. Just think the job becomes easier when you coach less. VT couldn’t miss, shoots or rebounds .

This was a bad loss. But I can't stand trashing kids or coach over a basketball game. VT played great, Duke didn't. We have another tournament. Does it look promising? No. In fact, I don't like our chances at all. That said, I will be pulling hard for Duke to keep winning. I just hate this for K, the coaching staff, our fans, and this team. K deserved a better ending than this.

This was a bad loss. But I can't stand trashing kids or coach over a basketball game. VT played great, Duke didn't. We have another tournament. Does it look promising? No. In fact, I don't like our chances at all. That said, I will be pulling hard for Duke to keep winning. I just hate this for K, the coaching staff, our fans, and this team. K deserved a better ending than this.
I agree, but if you recruit and start 3 freshman, what do you expect?

Nobody is scared to play Duke next week.

Just run ball screens and watch Mark Williams switch into the opponents PG or best shooter.

Everyone is doing it to them now and we have zero answer for it. I’m not even sure K can coach it to be honest….his defensive scheme sucks.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, give credit to VT. There's a reason they finished 12-2 and their coach hasn't lost a conference tourney championship even tho it was at Wofford. We just didn't bring our A game and the guys couldn't make a 3

I love Duke . As K has said many times. Duke is bigger then one man . K got the ending he picked . No one is trashing K just stating the obvious.
posters seem to except it easier when it’s coming from a sports analyst then their own fan base.

I love Duke . As K has said many times. Duke is bigger then one man . K got the ending he picked . No one is trashing K just stating the obvious.
posters seem to except it easier when it’s coming from a sports analyst then their own fan base.
Quite a bit of trashing has went on here. And people who can't wait to see him gone. So, you'll get your wish soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT