ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VA TECH ACC FINALS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well we made it. One way or another, this is the final game Coach K will ever coach in the ACC tournament. Very bittersweet, at least for me.

We can reminisce after we get him a championship. So onto today. I’m sure many of you are happy that were playing Virginia Tech instead of Carolina. I actually wanted another shot at Tar Holes but, we’ll play whoever they put in front of us.

I’m driving through the night on a spring break trip to golf Shores, Alabama. So I’m going to keep this relatively short ha ha.

I’m not exactly sure what to think of Virginia tech. Either they’re on a mission and tomorrow will be another grinder, or the ACC really is weak and they’ll be exhausted tomorrow, and Duke gets a double digit win. I’m sure we won’t be that lucky.

From a matchup standpoint, it’s definitely two contrasting styles. Duke will run when it gets its chances, but prefers the half court.

As long as we limit turnovers, and can shoot halfway decent from the perimeter, this is a game on paper we should win.

Then again it’s the ACC tournament championship, and we are Duke so everyone will be out to kill us.

At the time of this post no spread is posted yet. I expect Duke to be favored somewhere around 10.

Just like last night, I think we win and don’t cover.

Tonight‘s game is slated to tip at 8 PM est and will air on ESPN.

Duke – 82

Virginia tech – 75

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!

Tar holes kept launching 3’s like it was there only chance. Bacot Lay ins at the basket was there only offense. Without the 3 ball they won’t last very long in the NCAAT. 1st weekend and that’s it. Don’t think I really wanted to play them again and they get hot again.

Duke by five

give K one last ACC championship

Duke by 4

I think AJ will have to have a big game. Can’t even recall much of the first game but I bet their offense in the first 5-10 minutes will rely on ISO’ing big Mark on every switch and we’ll have to eventually adjust and move P to the 5 and AJ to the 4. From there, he should have plenty of opportunities.

Duke by 4

I think AJ will have to have a big game. Can’t even recall much of the first game but I bet their offense in the first 5-10 minutes will rely on ISO’ing big Mark on every switch and we’ll have to eventually adjust and move P to the 5 and AJ to the 4. From there, he should have plenty of opportunities.
Yup I can see that. Mark only played 12 minutes the first game. I'm assuming because of Aluma not being a true center and more of a forward. Just sucks to not have Mark in there for defense and rebounds.

Reactions: Friction.
I too wanted Carolina again. I understand where Banchero was coming from. With that said, this is an opportunity to win both the regular season title and the ACC tournament. Believe it or not, Duke hasnt done that a whole lot in recent years. I expect a tough game, but have fun, enjoy the moment!

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Very pleased with the win. We won another close game and showed poise down the stretch. I for one did not want North Carolina, they are up and down but obviously capable of beating us. VT will be playing for a berth so I expect another close one. Be nice to get a win for coach. We are solidly in as a 2 with our win yesterday. I am not worried about this one. This team is elite when AJ plays well. Moore has improved as well. A win today should help this team's confidence in the NCAA tournament. We usually do well when we win the ACC tournament, Tatum's year being the exception.
Duke 84
VT 80

Last edited:
Well we made it. One way or another, this is the final game Coach K will ever coach in the ACC tournament. Very bittersweet, at least for me.

We can reminisce after we get him a championship. So onto today. I’m sure many of you are happy that were playing Virginia Tech instead of Carolina. I actually wanted another shot at Tar Holes but, we’ll play whoever they put in front of us.

I’m driving through the night on a spring break trip to golf Shores, Alabama. So I’m going to keep this relatively short ha ha.

I’m not exactly sure what to think of Virginia tech. Either they’re on a mission and tomorrow will be another grinder, or the ACC really is weak and they’ll be exhausted tomorrow, and Duke gets a double digit win. I’m sure we won’t be that lucky.

From a matchup standpoint, it’s definitely two contrasting styles. Duke will run when it gets its chances, but prefers the half court.

As long as we limit turnovers, and can shoot halfway decent from the perimeter, this is a game on paper we should win.

Then again it’s the ACC tournament championship, and we are Duke so everyone will be out to kill us.

At the time of this post no spread is posted yet. I expect Duke to be favored somewhere around 10.

Just like last night, I think we win and don’t cover.

Tonight‘s game is slated to tip at 8 PM est and will air on ESPN.

Duke – 82

Virginia tech – 75

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!
ESPN of course, but multiple sources reporting tip at 8:30. Line is at 6.

We just won two games identical to a few we lost in the regular season. Let's not fall in love with the 3 today. Please Mr. Banchero do not take a single shot outside the paint. Run a screen or two for AJ to get him open. I was SO pleased to see him put us on his back yesterday! More and Roach keep us settled and we win by double digits after a close 30 minutes.

Duke 82
VA Tech 70

14-12 VT. Tech 4 for 4 on three's. Duke takes a one point lead.
Duke up 2 at 12 minute mark. Scoring pretty balanced. Our top 6 have scored.

Last edited:
You think both teams were fired up at the tip?? Wow. What a start. Let’s settle in and play tough. We got this.

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
Letting them hang around. We need to go on a run. Theo with 2 fouls. He has a DeLaurier like penchant for fouls.

Sometimes we are so dumb on defense. How in the world does Keels leave Cattoor open?

Never leave the guy! He's burning it up. Better to let them get 2s than to leave the guy!

Someone has to tell those guys. "You see that white guy, number 0? Never stop guarding him to help on D! If he's your man, stick to him like glue at the 3 line."

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
VT is 6-8 from 3. If they continue this pace then no one can beat them lol.

it is safe to say we are not an elite defensive team. Roach with 3 fouls. Damn.

Come on. They are shooting 70% from three. Otherworldly. Settle in and play tough. No way they can keep up that pace. Can we please feed the post??

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT