ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UCF - NCAA TOURNAMENT 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Survive and advance!!! Cam needs to stop getting in foul. Duke needs him on the floor. He played well when on the floor.

Good points. Unfortunately, the older players just have not developed. Probably hurt us that Jack was out with an injury.

I mean, DeLaurier has had 3 years to shoot Free Throws and become adequate. What's he doing all summer long? Should be shooting 300 a day. And it's not like Duke doesn't have coaches to spend time and help him.

Bolden - just passive, passive, passive today except for one really bad and awkward foul. He's a 3rd year player! He should have been in there banging Tacko away from the basket and pushing him away.

I guess he's just not cut out for becoming hard nosed and not playing passively. Nice kid. I like him. But, he's gonna wind up in Europe eventually if he wants to keep playing.

Yeah, Bolden is a non threat offensively on the court. He also moves like he is on stilts. The 2015 team was held together by Quinn Cook. A senior they could rely on, who was not afraid of the moment but could be there for the young guys. Okafor, Winslow and Tyus were great players, Tyus was one of the most developed 18 year olds Ive seen play. Maturity level and poise were excellent. Last year's team had Grayson, this year's team has no one meaningful in the upper class that plays.

Exactly. It was clear as day and an easy overturn. The fact they let it stand tells you a lot about that officiating crew. They flat out were trying to screw Duke.

It took a while but the longer you looked at that side view replay it became clearer and clearer. The ball did not touch the rim.

Don't know if we would have won if that had happened. But, we escaped.

Like NCSU ... Survive and Advance.

we got lucky today. we need to use this second chance to improve a few things and make a deep run. We'd be catching a break if Liberty wins.

Reactions: mbdfan and dbav
Duke made mistakes but I don’t think we played bad in the slightest. We went up against a great opponent with veteran leadership who played like veteran teams tend to play in March. Dawkins was absolutely lights out. We can be happy that we were fortunate enough to still be playing without saying we played bad or coached bad. Many Duke teams of the past would be heading back to Durham for the year tonight.

Yeah, Bolden is a non threat offensively on the court. He also moves like he is on stilts. The 2015 team was held together by Quinn Cook. A senior they could rely on, who was not afraid of the moment but could be there for the young guys. Okafor, Winslow and Tyus were great players, Tyus was one of the most developed 18 year olds Ive seen play. Maturity level and poise were excellent. Last year's team had Grayson, this year's team has no one meaningful in the upper class that plays.

I think Bolden has been playing really well the last few weeks. Not tonight, but I think he's been an asset

Can you imagine how sick the haters are right now, especially on RR and their slow cousins IC. They were about to run out in the streets with joy, only to go back into their basement and beat up their favorite stuffed animal.

We were very lucky tonight, as lucky as a team can be and UCF very unlucky at the end. Many strange calls in the game by the refs against and for both teams.

We were all wrong about Tacko, he played a really good game and didn't tire out while playing and most of us really didnt even know about Dawkins Junior. I didnt even know Johnnie Dawkins had a son. He will be a really good NBA player if what we saw from his was real.

All that being said, win by a point and we get to move on and its because they never gave up.

Reactions: christophero
Can you imagine how sick the haters are right now, especially on RR and their slow cousins IC. They were about to run out in the streets with joy, only to go back into their basement and beat up their favorite stuffed animal.

I just counted 21 different threads on the first page!! Rent free I tell ya!!

As far as Taco's minutes, he played 25, and he averages only 24. The guy can't play many more minutes and be effective.

OFC

There is not one team left that will be scared to play Duke.

Survive and advance I get that but how much longer does Duke survive because that’s what this game was. Luck.

Duke needs shooters but from the looks of it they just don’t have it.

Survive and advance I get that but how much longer does Duke survive because that’s what this game was. Luck.

If you’re scared of a team at this point, you have no business playing. On the other side of that. This duke team got a taste of what being eliminated feels like and they won’t want to experience it again

Reactions: retiredsoldier

Sad part is we had shooters today. Cam was hitting but somehow we run plays for god awful tre to shoot. Coaching today almost sent us home hopefully K gets rested up this week

Why do we care if they're scared of us? Let them underestimate us and we'll wave from the podium.

If you’re scared of a team at this point, you have no business playing. On the other side of that. This duke team got a taste of what being eliminated feels like and they won’t want to experience it again
I would have thought that at the first half of the NDST game.

This Duke team is good I said they would win but the role players are gonna have to help. Maybe Jack comes back next week because Goldwire is the only bright spot coming off the bench next to Bolden

I was a little surprised there wasn't more Bolden. I thought he might be more apt to contend with Fall.

That was something of a blueprint in how to guard Duke. The difference is there aren't any other teams with one of the 40 tallest people on Earth protecting the rim, so it won't be as easy to replicate for most other teams.

Reactions: dbav
Other than Tre jacking up too many threes I didn’t think we played bad at all. We played a team that played out of their minds, well Dawkins did, but found a way to win. That’s what you have to do in the tournament. Plenty of Prior Duke teams lost these types of games. 16 teams left and we are one of them, I’ll take that every day of the week.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
That team was mad a 9 for one reason. To match up against Duke. A good shooting team has no problem against them. The committee tried to give Duke a bad matchup. Plain and simple.
The same committee that swears they don’t do that?

We better find a way to get some shooters on the floor. I know a few have mentioned this, but a lineup of Jav, Goldwire and Tre is going to kill us....

Yeah got to give UCF a lot of credit shot the lights out and made plays, but I didn’t think we played bad just shot horribly in the second half mostly wide open looks from Tre

Why do we care if they're scared of us? Let them underestimate us and we'll wave from the podium.
That’s the thing, I think it’s more Duke underestimating their opponent.
Duke is gonna need more then six players and three scorers to win it all.
It’s on to the next game now.

A really smart person told me that luck is what happens when preparation and opportunity collide!!!
Or a bad dunk attempt . That was probably the one bad call made by UCF all night.

For sheer entertainment purposes, go read the game thread on Duke/Rupp Rafters titled Taco vs Zion - just start at page 16 of 23 page thread.......they are not happy lol

Reactions: retiredsoldier
In the middle of me pulling my hair out and wanting to shove hot needles into my eyes, our 19 month-old son was running around the living room screaming GO DUKE with a huge smile on his face. Seemed to put things into perspective for me in a way I haven’t experienced before.

On a night when the other team was hitting everything and we couldn’t get to the rim, our boys did the only thing they’ve consistently done all year long and that is find someway somehow to win. The big 3 continue to be huge in big moments. As much as I hated every time Tre decided to shoot from 3 tonight, part of me feels like we are gonna need him to hit a big one before this is all said and done.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Duke didnt run plays for Tre to shoot 3s. Teams leave hom open and clog lane or shade to Zion and RJ. Cam needs to stay out of foul trouble so they can run plays for him.

Duke didnt run plays for Tre to shoot 3s. Teams leave hom open and clog lane or shade to Zion and RJ. Cam needs to stay out of foul trouble so they can run plays for him.

They most certainly did on his corner three go back and watch. K needs to tell him to never shoot another his one of 10 isnt worth it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT