ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA ACC TOURNEY SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

You can’t play like crap for 35 minutes and expect to win. Guys got outplayed and outefforted tonight. 2 seed in Charlotte, here we come.

Reactions: pisgah101
Grayson smdh you know what he can’t have it anymore in that situation if he’s open off another players dribble ok but he’s shown very often he’s not the guy to have the ball to create a shot

I am incredibly disappointed, but, it is what it is. We lost in the semis in 2015, this team lost in them last year. We still have something much bigger to play for. I'm going to try and get past this, but this one hurts. Worse than @ State or UNC, this one hurts.

Our players think they have to do it by their self. Had a chance at the end but bad decisions by Grayson. At least they fought back.

Good come back. Grayson did not look good the last two possessions. The bounces did not go Dukes way at all and they were in it

Reactions: dukesince91
We didn’t do one thing better than UNC tonight and somehow had a chance to win. It might be too late for this team to figure out you don’t just play when you are down double digits.

Tough loss. UNC played really well. Duke played like crap. Time to look forward to Sunday.

I can't believe that three attempt coming out of a dead ball. Wow.
Yeah, pretty disappointing...I'm not sure if whatever was intended was transparently broken, but that was tough to stomach...just no opportunity to move the defense even a step.

We were lucky to even be in that situation but it would have been nice to have that and the charge back...on to the tourney...

Disappointed in the effort for the majority of the game and that turnovers are still such a problem. The loss is probably for the better. Carter and Duval don’t need to play tomorrow.

Once again we get on here and debate whether this team has turned a corner and tonight tells you that they haven't. They did make a comeback, but turnovers and bad decisions will get them knocked out in the NCAA. Book it!

Reactions: DukeCE2006
Congrats to the tar heels. They were better tonight because unc did the things they do when they win. Transition offense, raining 3's and getting a ton of offensive rebounds and second chance points. Loved the way we did not quit. This may cost us a #1 seed. Go Wahoo's. OFC

That last play by Grayson was just unacceptable. Our senior leader has to have better situational awareness than that. With how much time was left on the clock, you’ve got to make a better decision than that.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Some serious a$$hole posters in here. Great effort to end after 35 minutes of lackluster play.

I still think Duke gets a 1 seed after Xaviers loss. Mark it down.

Not too worried, the boys will be ready next week.

#SI6HTS

This Duke team is not the 2015 team. Really wished posters would stop comparing the two.

It’s either Bagley is consistent or Grayson the two were only consistent down the stretch against a tired ND team with an out of shape Colson.

Call a timeout and punch yourself in the nuts, if you even consider that shot under such duress!

the flagrant is all the more game changing now...4 pt swing and momentum. We dont have the chemistry of the 2015 team...fingers crossed on a favorable draw or could be another first weekend exit

Reactions: pisgah101
Have a good night fellas. Looking forward to Sunday and seeing where we are going! Disappointed but it is what it is!

Good fight at the end. We need that for 40 mins. Definitely a poor game for our guys in a lot of areas. Let's get ready for selection sunday.....no point in letting this great board turn into rupp rafters even if for only a night. We are better than that.

I'm so distraught over that shot. It didn't even give us a chance.

There was time for a shot and potential rebound and that gave us nothing. I can accept losing, but not like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT