ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA ACC TOURNEY SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Sorry fellas I’m out in beautiful South Dakota with my men’s basketball team at our national tourney - big game today for us in the Sweet Sixteen!

Today’s game - gotta love when we get this three times a year! We are playing so we’ll right now I think it’s going to be tough for Carolina to get us twice.

Game is scheduled for a 9pm est tip but it’ll likely start later than that and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 86

Carolina 78

GO DUKE!!!!!

It's going to be another tough Duke/UNC battle. Maye & Berry can't play that badly again, and neither can the team as a whole. Got to jump on them, rebound hard (no giving up offensive rebounds), keep our turnovers under control, and play that tough Zone D again. Make Roy rip his jacket and his pants.

Duke 80
UNC 77

GTHC, GTH!!!

OFC

Duke 83 UNC 72. Bagley and Grayson get 25 and Jack White gets a dunk. And Bolden moves up the draft boards.

I think this game is going to be a tough close game. Duke comes out in top

Duke: 81
Holes: 75

Let’s go Duke!!
GTHC, GTH!!

The Carter injury has me worried.

Pinson played really well yesterday, and I think they'll put him in the middle against the zone. He will give Duke problems there, because Duke will stay wide the same way they did against Notre Dame because of the capable shooters. He will make some plays there, but that will be okay if Duke can hold down the 3 pt. production as they did against ND.

It will be a tense one, but the better coached team wins

Duke - 72
UNC - 68

I guessed 76-66 last time and said if they scored over 75 we'd lose. Seems like a fair guess again.

Little concerned about Carter, really poor timing. Grayson and Gary or Trevon must come up big in this game. Bags will get a lot of attention and will need Bolden & or Javin to come up big to free him up some.
We also must run the Holes off of the 3 pt. line, cannot let them get hot, and keep control of Berry & Pinson. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a triangle and 2 from the Holes, or just constantly denying Grayson and Bags.
I expect to see the Holes play a great game, but I also expect to see them get all they can handle, and Duke wins a "white knuckler".
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Line down to Duke -4. Vegas expecting tight game. My stomach might not be able to take it lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT