ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs VT II

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Revenge time again! Game is scheduled for an 8pm tip on ESPN in Cameron. At time of writing duke is a 7 point favorite.

It feels like the “win to be in” sentiment has passed and we can focus on seeding now. VT is a bottom feeder that has already beaten us once but I feel like that won’t happen again. We get our revenge and move on to the next one

Duke- 77
VT-62

Pisg, I like your confidence! We should be ready. If Whitehead hadn't gotten hurt, I think we win the first nail biter at Blacksburg. He was having a solid game, and went down with 10 points. As it played out we were in it to the end, with the Flip throat punch NO CALL looming as a difference maker.

No trap game here, Jon has the guys READY!! DUKE, 75-66.

OFC

We should win. 7 point favorite sounds about right. Stay healthy and don't overlook VT as the next 2 games are harder.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Either Pedulla or Cattoor come out hot against us to keep it close. We start to create a little distance midway in the second half but then we get cold and go through another dry spell. Tech comes back but we hang on to win by a few

You called in bleed. How about we come out and just take this one from the opening tip?

Don’t overlook VT. They can be dangerous.

State coming off a blowout loss today so our mid week game is going to be a test.

And UNC will be primed next weekend probably needing a win to make the tourney.

Prepare for everyone. Overlook nobody! Let’s keep this train rolling.

Duke 81
VT 68

Let's go Duke! I broke down and bought some Coors Light, so anything dumb I say we can chalk it up to the beer. (I really need to hit the gym tomorrow)

I have checked the score twice on ESPN. I am out for the night. I still blame the 2004 ACC Tournament loss on getting up from the couch…

Reactions: pisgah101
No slow start today. 19-7 Duke. This team is starting to put it together...
22-12 now. Proctor Lively and Mitchell off to fast starts.

The good news: Proctor is really putting it together.
The bad news: Proctor is really putting it together. He has become a very good defender in the last 2 weeks.
2 fouls on Flip. Don't let them back in it.

We are letting them back in the game. Whitehead has kind of vanished. Is Blakes going to play again this year? Right as I say that Whitehead scores. Nice.

He’s not even in many mock drafts. Where’s he going to go? Transfer?
See Hurt, Stanley, Steward, Duval, Bolden. We do have a decent shot at getting him back.
11 point lead at the half. Good first half now let's finish. Mitchell the first half MVP with 11 and 6. If Mitchell keeps playing like this he will be on mock drafts.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
See Hurt, Stanley, Steward, Duval, Bolden. We do have a good shot at getting him back.
11 point lead at the half. Good first half now let's finish.
Hurt and Bolden aren’t good comparisons - multi year

Stanley was older.

Duval had incredible hype around him and was in some mock drafts.

Steward was on crack.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I hear you man. Mitchell reminds me of Battier sometimes. he's a jack of all trades. Flip needs to get back on track.
3rd foul on Lively! ARRRRRRRR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT