ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

-The slow start finally caught up to us. I love having a deep team as much as anyone, however we still only have 3 guys (Tre, Cash, Vern) who have earned and deserve a spot in the starting lineup each game. I think part of the reason for our slow starts is we keep changing the starters each game.

-We didn't fight. I'm gonna chalk this up as a one-time thing and we will never see this terrible effort again. We just won 7 straight and were due for a loss, I just wish we played a bit harder.

-We blew a golden opportunity to win the regular season and now we need a lot of favorable things to happen to become a 1 seed, odds are pretty low.

-The slow start finally caught up to us. I love having a deep team as much as anyone, however we still only have 3 guys (Tre, Cash, Vern) who have earned and deserve a spot in the starting lineup each game. I think part of the reason for our slow starts is we keep changing the starters each game.

-We didn't fight. I'm gonna chalk this up as a one-time thing and we will never see this terrible effort again. We just won 7 straight and were due for a loss, I just wish we played a bit harder.

-We blew a golden opportunity to win the regular season and now we need a lot of favorable things to happen to become a 1 seed, odds are pretty low.

-I would say a consistent starting lineup is one factor. Another is that we don’t come out with a firm game plan on either side. Almost like a boxing match we feel out the other side and adjust. Then we start playing faster and more confident. I still think we don’t get the ball to Vern nearly enough, especially early. He’s our bread and butter. Look around our roster, we don’t have nearly the same amount of guys that can create their own shot and just go get it. That seems to surface early and sometimes late in games. You needs guys during those times that you can lean on. Good things almost always happen when we run our offense through Vern.

-Yes effort was putrid. Don’t think we’ll see that issue again, I hope. I think it’s a combo of our recent schedule finally taking its toll and a mental lapse, maybe thinking too much of ourselves. You must bring it every night in conference play. I don’t care if the conference is down. You don’t go on the road and bring anything less than 100% or you may get embarrassed. We got embarrassed.

-Personally I am not worried about seed. Unless the wheels fall off I see us as the 1 or 2 seed in the East and I’m beyond ok with that.

-I would say a consistent starting lineup is one factor. Another is that we don’t come out with a firm game plan on either side. Almost like a boxing match we feel out the other side and adjust. Then we start playing faster and more confident. I still think we don’t get the ball to Vern nearly enough, especially early. He’s our bread and butter. Look around our roster, we don’t have nearly the same amount of guys that can create their own shot and just go get it. That seems to surface early and sometimes late in games. You needs guys during those times that you can lean on. Good things almost always happen when we run our offense through Vern.

-Yes effort was putrid. Don’t think we’ll see that issue again, I hope. I think it’s a combo of our recent schedule finally taking its toll and a mental lapse, maybe thinking too much of ourselves. You must bring it every night in conference play. I don’t care if the conference is down. You don’t go on the road and bring anything less than 100% or you may get embarrassed. We got embarrassed.

-Personally I am not worried about seed. Unless the wheels fall off I see us as the 1 or 2 seed in the East and I’m beyond ok with that.
As long as we are not a 2 seed with Kansas or Baylor as the 1, than I'm fine with any draw.

Reactions: pisgah101
I am not sure whether it was the 1991 or 1992 sesson but I think it was the 91' season but we went up to UVA and think they beat us by like 30 points. When the bus got back to Cameron Coach K made them practice. That practice Grant Hill got his nose broke . I think we went on and had a darn pretty good season that year. I think. OFC

OFC[/QUOTE]

I am not sure whether it was the 1991 or 1992 sesson but I think it was the 91' season but we went up to UVA and think they beat us by like 30 points. When the bus got back to Cameron Coach K made them practice. That practice Grant Hill got his nose broke . I think we went on and had a darn pretty good season that year. I think. OFC
i remember that game,what a team. Loved them boys on that squad

Facebook has been hilarious last night and today with UNC fans that have come out of the woodwork since we lost. I give them 2-3 days tops before they disappear again. Probably only 2 days after they lose to Louisville on Saturday then they’ll disappear again

Facebook has been hilarious last night and today with UNC fans that have come out of the woodwork since we lost. I give them 2-3 days tops before they disappear again. Probably only 2 days after they lose to Louisville on Saturday then they’ll disappear again

kinda wouldnt mind them beating Louisville.........nah, I can wait to cheer on FSU..VATECH...and VIRGINIA.....lol

Put Raleigh in rear view!!! Chalk that up as one of the great aberrations in sports. We simply do not play well there. I dont know what it is. I do know we went about twenty years at one point w/o winning at The Cheats house.

The key is tonite's effort and preparation for the Hokies. Be nice to get early lead and grab game by the throat early!I would like to see us open the game in our 2-2-1 three quarter press to speed up the game! OFC

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT