ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Really excited about this game and have had it circled for a while. This isn’t necessarily a rivalry game, especially in our eyes, but a win like this makes NC State’s season. It’s on the road and although Duke fans will absolutely be there, it’ll be a battle, no doubt.

Duke currently sits at a -6.5 favorite. Tonight’s game will tip at 9pm est and will air on ESPN.

Duke 80

NC State 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope we win and we win big. State wrestling is coming into town on Friday, and the ass whipping those boys are gonna put on ours, it won’t be pretty. So I hope we more than more than make up for it with b-ball.
Duke 87
State 65

Duke 73
NCSU Jackals 72

They will be amped, it’ll be their title game. Gonna be a battle.

I expect a real battle, it always is when we play at State. Will probably stay close most of the game, but in the end I think we pull away to win by 6-8 points. GO DUKE!!!!
OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
I expect it to be a real battle. Can’t help but thinking we have an off day. Raleigh will be hopping.

This is essentially a post-season game for NC St. Duke better be ready for battle.

What everybody else is saying. I wouldent be surprised if we lost his game. Seems like state beats us once almost every year lately. I expect state to look better than usual hope our guys are up for the challange

Ah Duke invades whats been a house of horrows for them! I would say the line's about right as we typically struggle over there. I'd say we keep a small advantage throughout, and slightly expands at end to win 84-74. Tipoff at 9 on ESPN HD....OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
Our streak ends. But it won’t matter. We need to lose to the pack on our way to two championships. All good.

This team proved they were mentally tough in the FSU game after an emotional unx game. They will need to continue the trend against the Pack. This will be a tough game in yet another super bowl for an opposing team. Duke should be motivated to win with a #1 seed in the ACC Tourney and waiting for a shot at a #1 seed in the NCAA. I'm going with Duke.

be ready to withstand States adrenaline as it will be thier super bowl, nba finals, stanley cup, world series, the masters, daytona 500, olympics all wrapped into one!!!!!!!

Dont be surprised if the officiating pendulum swings toward the Pack. They got hosed on an obvious out of bounds at the end of the BC game. No better game for Swofford to make amends than Duke.

OFC

I hope the same State team that showed up for their arch rival Uncheat shows up tonight. If so it’s not even close, but I feel they will give it 110% tonight since they only give about 60% that night and it will be a dogfight. Then they will turn around and get whipped again by the cheats to snap the Cheats losing streak. F the pack!!!

Go Duke!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm surprised how everyone thinks this is going to be so close. NCSU is 2-4 in their last 6, and lost at home by double digits to both UNC and Louisville in that stretch. Their best scorer is a guard, and their leading rebounder is that same guard. We are typically good against teams where we only have to shut down 1 guard.

Duke 86
NCSU 72

Reactions: dukesince91
I think we win tonight, but we could obviously walk out with a L if we don't play well. If we do lose though, it's okay, I still would rather have our team than anyone elses. Let's go Duke.

Duke 82
State 77

These young Devils are showing that they are getting better, and I like the way they pick each other up when things get tight. Duke will find a way to get a big road win.

Go Duke!
OFC

I'm surprised how everyone thinks this is going to be so close. NCSU is 2-4 in their last 6, and lost at home by double digits to both UNC and Louisville in that stretch. Their best scorer is a guard, and their leading rebounder is that same guard. We are typically good against teams where we only have to shut down 1 guard.

Duke 86
NCSU 72

I think we’ve lost like 7 out of the last 10 we played there?

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Lol, what do our boys have to do to gain some faith? I don't care what State has done in the past, or how Duke had played there in the past. Those teams didn't run out 10 guys which kept everybody fresh either.

Duke will not loose this game tonight! Not happening. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they didn't wear them out tonight.

I think we’ve lost like 7 out of the last 10 we played there?
That's a good point. But I don't think any of those teams played as many body's as this Duke team. These boys have truly only lost 1 game, if im not mistaken, when everybody was healthy and that was against SFA. I love our chances with 10 fresh bodies. These boys love the hostile environment.

Reactions: Quavarius
Real question is, will this be the game all four horsemen make their awaited, united return lol? Let's Go Duke

2f28c786070a3d02f5b0f07e89cb709f--college-board-duke-blue-devils.jpg

I usually worry a little when we play NC State in Raleigh because they always seem to play us tougher in Raleigh but with the way that we’ve been playing during our 6 game win streak especially with tough back to back wins against UNC and FSU I’m not really worried about this game. Out of those 6 games only one of them has come withon a single possession and that was the overtime win against UNC. 3 other games were wins by 2-3 possession and the other 2 games were blowout wins. Obviously they’ve been different calibers of teams but during our 6 game winning streak we’ve won by an average of 16.6 points. I know one things for sure though, if we were to lose which I don’t think we will but if we do then UNC fans will come out of hiding on Facebook to talk trash about us losing even though we’re on a 6 game winning streak and they’re on a 6 game losing streak.

We have to get off to a good start. We cannot get off to a 1 for 10 from the field. Take the wind out of the sails early and not give them confidence. OFC
Now sky, you know our boy's like to get everybody upset and throwing in the towel before the first tv timeout. I don't expect anything different, not because they won't be ready, but I have a bad feeling about your desire to get the funds there in time.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT