ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

closer than I wanted...but at least its a W. Who guards White on Wednesday? If they pick and roll us then it will be Bolden...that match up will be a key. Practicing D is essential.
Time to pull for Tenessee

Barrett with the triple double! Fantastic game from he and Zion.

Nevertheless, while it was a good win this was not a great game for Duke as a whole, imo. We should have crushed them by 25-30.

There are some real concerns here (esp. going into the UNC game) that need to be fixed.

The 3 point shooting is a huge issue. Zion will be Zion and Barrett is a really good scorer. But, Cam Reddish is too inconsistent in his shooting stroke and I don't think it's going to be solved this year, either, because it needs serious work. And 2 for 15 is just a bad game.

Hope he bounces back against UNC, but if Duke goes 3-16 in the Elite 8 or a FF game, that could be a killer for a team that, otherwise, should win it.

It's also unfortunate to see O'Connell not getting shots or scoring. He's really a kid Duke could use as a 3 point shooter off the bench along with Jack White.

Jack White, btw, is 0 for his last 18, and 1 for his last 24, from 3.

Since State had no answer for Zion, if he hadn't got in foul trouble he probably would have topped 40 tonight!!!
OFC

Barrett with the triple double! Fantastic game from he and Zion.

Nevertheless, while it was a good win this was not a great game for Duke as a whole, imo. We should have crushed them by 25-30.

There are some real concerns here (esp. going into the UNC game) that need to be fixed.

The 3 point shooting is a huge issue. Zion will be Zion and Barrett is a really good scorer. But, Cam Reddish is too inconsistent in his shooting stroke and I don't think it's going to be solved this year, either, because it needs serious work. And 2 for 15 is just a bad game.

Hope he bounces back against UNC, but if Duke goes 3-16 in the Elite 8 or a FF game, that could be a killer for a team that, otherwise, should win it.

It's also unfortunate to see O'Connell not getting shots or scoring. He's really a kid Duke could use as a 3 point shooter off the bench along with Jack White.

Jack White, btw, is 0 for his last 18, and 1 for his last 24, from 3.
Come on man, let us enjoy the win at least for tonight. We can worry about our weaknesses tomorrow.

This team is so fun to watch. Losing Wednesday night just doesnt seem like an option.

I really like all the freshmen, but I think I’m gonna cry when Zion leaves us. I may be wrapped around his leg begging him to stay.
Please tell me he has a younger brother just like him.

Reactions: Mac9192
Wasn’t our best game defensively but it’s a 16 point win and now we can get ready for the Cheats. I think the guys will be locked and loaded for Wednesday they get up for big time games!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I get the little bit of concern some poster are talking about, but I don't see any concerns for Duke that outweigh the concerns the cheats will have. Who the heck are they going to match up with that's remotely close to or in their favor? They will have more problems and time will tell. As far as Cam, I take him every day and twice on Sunday, Shooting inconsistency or not, because one thing you can count on is his defense.

I've got to give NCSU credit. They came to play and didn't quit. They must love playing Duke. Zion is just so dominating. I wonder what he would have had if not for foul trouble. He's gonna have to be careful against cheating hill because hof coach roy williams is gonna be in the officials ear all night long. RJ was fantastic. Had no idea he was close to a triple double. That in itself is a special night. Thought Tre hit some big shots. Also I thought Bolden had a really good game. Good to see Jack score some baskets. Got to get ready for cheater u coming in. Can't let them beat us in CIS.OFC

piggy backing off of what Soldier said, we had a double digit win at UVA, the incredible and emotional comeback again Louisville, have unc coming up, state always gets jacked for us, and this game was never in doubt. We shot 53% and out rebounded them by 20.
The boys will be fired up Wednesday.

I will never want to see another Duke team go through the season like the 98-99 team, beating the brakes off everybody, and the 2 close games they had that was back and forth, the lost both including the National Championship. As long as the boys keep playing and trying to improve, everything else will take care of itself. Bring on the Cheats, they will soon see what everybody been talking about.

We tend to overcome our poor 3 point shooting by just rebounding all the misses.
Yup. This is never gonna be a great shooting team. We can get hot for sure but, it isn't something we can rely on. That being said this team is still one of the highest scoring teams in the country, and has damn good defense to back it up. My biggest concern for this team was they play of the bench, but it seems Goldwire is figuring it out and hopefully tonight boosted Jack's confidence. We're the best team in the country as is, and with shoring up a few things here and there this team will steamroll the field in the NCAA

That was the easiest most eh game I’ve ever seen. Can’t hate on it, tough to get a group of youths to get up for all 40 games. Our effort was better than Louisville but still not that sense of urgency we should be playing with at all times.

I’ll say it and it’s not a knock on Tre but his defensive effort tonight and most of Louisville has been complacent. And you see when Tre doesn’t create that chaos at the top that our defense just doesn’t function the same.

All in perspective we have a big matchup ahead and let’s see what our kids have!

The Brotherhood:

DzkraRvX4AEAXY8.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT