ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

You’re not wrong. Yes, we are winning no matter how pretty or ugly. I’m also grateful for ugly wins, they strengthen us. Nobody on here (myself included) is bashing Duke. Just discussing potential “achilles heels”

Forums are for discussion and debate, ya know? o_O

Welcome to the board by the way. I'm fully aware of forums being for discussions and debates. When you make a novel right after the game before the players are even off the court good about what they are not doing, I guess i'm more focused on the win, which at the end of the day, is all that matters. If you want to bring up all the things they are not doing well, the potential "achilles heels" then have at it.

Not one time did I say anybody was bashing Duke, so you feeling guilty about something? Every single team, every single person that has a job or playing sports at any level, can improve. But you do you, and I'll do me when it comes to Duke. I'm glad the GOAT is at the helm, and when he's good with what's going on, i'm great.

Welcome to the board by the way. I'm fully aware of forums being for discussions and debates. When you make a novel right after the game before the players are even off the court good about what they are not doing, I guess i'm more focused on the win, which at the end of the day, is all that matters. If you want to bring up all the things they are not doing well, the potential "achilles heels" then have at it.

Not one time did I say anybody was bashing Duke, so you feeling guilty about something? Every single team, every single person that has a job or playing sports at any level, can improve. But you do you, and I'll do me when it comes to Duke. I'm glad the GOAT is at the helm, and when he's good with what's going on, i'm great.
Thank you and amen soldier

A novel before the players even step off the court? Pal, the game was over by 8:15. I wrote my my initial post on this thread at 2:30 in the morning. I get it, you don’t care for my opinion but you don’t have to take jabs that aren’t even accurate. Just because I write a few paragraphs 6 hours after a win about how our Golden State Warriors offense is limiting the team’s offensive potential doesn’t make me less focused on the win. If anything, more focused in keeping that up. We are (in my opinion) the best slashing team in the nation. We are (fact) 305th in the nation in 3PT%. We shoot the 4th most 3PT attempts out of the Top 25 teams. Taking that information, I presented the idea that our offense as a whole would be more efficient in a play-style that isn’t centered around finding an open 3PT shot. Yes, the bottom line is that we are winning games. But what’s wrong with just discussing a potential offense that doesn’t live and die on our ability to snag offensive boards?

110% guilty of being obsessed with Duke basketball. You made a reference that someone got under your skin. I guess I fail to realize how my opinion listed above or other’s opinions related to it would get under your skin. I’m not sorry for posting my thoughts, but I’ll definitely be the first to stick my virtual hand out and apologize if the way I worded something rubbed you wrong. If nothing else, at least we can both agree that life is good with the GOAT running the show

QC, nothing like a know it all that don't even properly introduce his/herself to the board but come with all the crap about what Duke is doing wrong after the week these guys been through. GTFO here with that crap in my opinion.

I wrote about “all my crap” above. I won’t waste my time saying any more about it.

Sorry that I didn’t properly introduce myself. I looked for a sticky thread to do so but I didn’t see one. I wasn’t sure if it was customary for new members to create a new thread as an introduction but I didn’t want to stick out like a sore thumb so I went straight into conversation instead.

If you (anyone) is interested in an intro:
I’m AC, born and raised in Indiana. 27 years old. Mom’s side of the family is from Lexington, KY. My whole family are IU and UK fans. When I was a toddler / young child my grandparents had a dog named Duke and that dog was my best friend. In ‘98 Rupp Arena (Lexington) was hosting the first 2 rounds of the tourney. My cousin had free tickets and by some struck of luck, I ended up going too. Duke was playing. 6 years old, I didn’t have a large understanding of the college hoops world but I loved basketball. When I got to that game, I thought it was the coolest damn thing that Duke and my favorite dog had the same name. Couple years later and a full understanding, I got to enjoy seeing my team win a title in ‘01 on TV. Next year rolls around and IU plays Duke in the ‘02 sweet 16 and I went to the game. Tragically, you all know that IU pulled off the upset but it was cool to see Jason Williams live. It’s been a little over 20 years since my first Duke game and the fanhood has never changed. Since those games, I’ve seen Duke play live 14 times, including a game at Cameron, both ‘10 and ‘15 championship games in Indianapolis. Most recently, I went to the historic comeback game last Tuesday against L’Ville.

— Anyway, I apologize if my initial appearance on here got us off on the bad foot. If you prefer to keep it that way, we can just steer clear of responding to each other. If you want to push it aside, I’ll look forward to seeing your future posts. (Judging by your username) Thank you for your service and GO DUKE!

(3pt shooting)Nothing crazy but solid as a freshman last year. He hasn’t had the chance to showcase himself this year, maybe an attempt or two every few games. I think he went like 5-9 against Syracuse, for what it’s worth. Hard for him to get PT against the defensive likes of Bolden, DeLaurier and White — which is fair. But if we’re in need of some offensive shooting CPR, taking a little hit on defense for a guy who can reliably hit 3’s wouldn’t be a bad idea.

You want us to average 100 points huh? That would be very nice to see actually. But our offense is pretty elite without top notch shooting. I guess the Lord said we can't have it all

@BeerPoisoning, Yeah I hear you. I'll agree with you that your initial appearance here was suspect right after a win. See we have a lot of trolls visit this board often. I was born and raised in NC and a life long Duke fan. I have to say I have never heard a die-hard Duke fan talk about our players in the manner that you have and I think you know what I'm talking about. But just in case you don't, I'll link it here in a min. But anywho, I can say you are lucky you didn't post here, what you did on another board, because you probably wouldn't be posting here again. Just my 2 cents on it.

Your second post total on the rivals board under the thread: will duke, told me all I needed to know about you. I don't deal with poster that claim to be a Duke fan, yet talk smack like you did. Far as I'm concerned, you post and talk like a troll! Have a good one and ignore me if you like. here is the link I'm referring to just in case you don't remember: Your post is half way down the page.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/will-duke.867946/

@BeerPoisoning, Yeah I hear you. I'll agree with you that your initial appearance here was suspect right after a win. See we have a lot of trolls visit this board often. I was born and raised in NC and a life long Duke fan. I have to say I have never heard a die-hard Duke fan talk about our players in the manner that you have and I think you know what I'm talking about. But just in case you don't, I'll link it here in a min. But anywho, I can say you are lucky you didn't post here, what you did on another board, because you probably wouldn't be posting here again. Just my 2 cents on it.

Your second post total on the rivals board under the thread: will duke, told me all I needed to know about you. I don't deal with poster that claim to be a Duke fan, yet talk smack like you did. Far as I'm concerned, you post and talk like a troll! Have a good one and ignore me if you like. here is the link I'm referring to just in case you don't remember: Your post is half way down the page.

I’m sure plenty of bored people troll forums, I don’t doubt that claim. How many people pay for this website just to troll the forums? I actually paid for Duke and IU both. I’m not an IU fan trolling the Duke forum or an IU fan period. I just still tend to follow them because they’re a big deal where I’m from.

I’m very aware of the post I made. Although I have nothing to hide, (actually I kinda figured most people dabble on all the forums) I’ll applaud your effort in clicking onto my profile to investigate all my forum activity.

The first paragraph of the post “I’m the biggest Duke fan you’ll find and I’ll tell you exactly why we won’t win in March blah blah” was a SARCASTIC response to a previous poster in the topic who was in a different thread a few days ago live discussing the Duke/L’Ville game. I wasn’t part of the conversation (because I wasn’t a member 5 days ago, I was just browsing some threads earlier today) but reading through it he appeared to have playful banter with his (assuming?) Duke friend. He had posted those words, or close to it mimicking his friend in the time frame that L’Ville was building their hefty lead. I didn’t comment on the post because the conversation was 5 days old but I’m pretty sure I “liked” it. I haven’t looked into all the features of viewing mine or someone else’s activity. If you’re still concerned that I’m making all of this up at 5am with a paid account in order to start trolling the Duke forum then I’m sure you know exactly how to look into it further. Duke is the most talented team in the country. They’re beatable, like anyone else, but I would never say we aren’t going to win. The year after JJ’s senior year, we went 8-8 in conference and all of my brackets still had Duke winning it all, even if the realistic part of me disagreed. I don’t pick, nor root against these boys.

If you read the posts in the threads, you’ll see multiple comments about Duke’s terrible shooting percentages. Rest of my reply is my personal opinion on why the current offense is building a tower of bricks. If you look back in this thread, I practically said the same thing. At no point in that post did I talk about the players in a terrible manner. On #2 I said that Cam Reddish is brain dead at shooting 3’s from off-ball screens. In other words, he’s not showing signs of life. Am I wrong? Is Reddish not a liability on offense with catch and shoot 3’s after curling off a screen? I didn’t say Reddish sucked, or that he couldn’t score. I implied that the half-court offense makes his game suffer. I mean we can argue that I could of picked better wording than “brain dead” but if you don’t take it so dang literally, it’s not an insult. Lighten up.

I said that Tre Jones is a terrible 3pt shooter and implied that he and Zion have no business shooting 3’s regularly within the offense. They’re both shooting like 27% — Do you know why Ben Simmons doesn’t shoot 3’s? Because a 1/4th probability of it going in isn’t worth the gamble when there’s a more efficient shot to be found. I said these guys shouldn’t shoot 3’s, I didn’t say they belonged on the bench. Matter of fact in #1 I gushed at Tre’s playmaking talents and voiced my opinion that he doesn’t get to really show it off in our set offense.

Let me guess, you’re offended by #5 because I said RJ and “forced acrobatic layup” in the same sentence? C’mon man, Get out of your natural defensive mode. I didn’t say this was RJ’s fault, once all options and explored and the shot clock is ticking, he has no choice other than put up a terrible shot hoping for some luck or a foul.

I finished the post off by bragging on Duke’s offensive rebounds and defense. (Which is why we continue to win with the horrible shooting percentages.) In conclusion, I noted that Duke was the most talented team in the country and that it wasn’t even close but that we’re susceptible to getting bounced against an elite team if this offense didn’t see better 3PT shooting percentages.

I’ve randomly been a part of some different basketball forums over the years and I have to say, I’ve never had someone attempt to shun me so hard for simply sharing some civil, constructive thoughts. If you don’t agree with me at all, that’s cool. You have every right to think the offense is running at its best capabilities. If I want to think otherwise and layout why I think it’s inefficient, I have the right to do so. No reason to just take jabs at me and attempt to blast me as a troll because 3 out of 15 or 20 threads I’ve commented on are about disagreeing with the offense.

Anyway, you have a good night.

@BeerPoisoning

Nice try.....

1. You are a B hole
2 not finny
3 bet I can drink your ass under the table
4. We WILL win in March and April

1. and 2. Well if you think I’m trolling too then so be it lol, good grief.....

3. There’s people who can throw the long necks back better than I can, but I ain’t ever been told I’m bad at it.

4. 110% agree

I’m sure plenty of bored people troll forums, I don’t doubt that claim. How many people pay for this website just to troll the forums? I actually paid for Duke and IU both. I’m not an IU fan trolling the Duke forum or an IU fan period. I just still tend to follow them because they’re a big deal where I’m from.

I’m very aware of the post I made. Although I have nothing to hide, (actually I kinda figured most people dabble on all the forums) I’ll applaud your effort in clicking onto my profile to investigate all my forum activity.

The first paragraph of the post “I’m the biggest Duke fan you’ll find and I’ll tell you exactly why we won’t win in March blah blah” was a SARCASTIC response to a previous poster in the topic who was in a different thread a few days ago live discussing the Duke/L’Ville game. I wasn’t part of the conversation (because I wasn’t a member 5 days ago, I was just browsing some threads earlier today) but reading through it he appeared to have playful banter with his (assuming?) Duke friend. He had posted those words, or close to it mimicking his friend in the time frame that L’Ville was building their hefty lead. I didn’t comment on the post because the conversation was 5 days old but I’m pretty sure I “liked” it. I haven’t looked into all the features of viewing mine or someone else’s activity. If you’re still concerned that I’m making all of this up at 5am with a paid account in order to start trolling the Duke forum then I’m sure you know exactly how to look into it further. Duke is the most talented team in the country. They’re beatable, like anyone else, but I would never say we aren’t going to win. The year after JJ’s senior year, we went 8-8 in conference and all of my brackets still had Duke winning it all, even if the realistic part of me disagreed. I don’t pick, nor root against these boys.

If you read the posts in the threads, you’ll see multiple comments about Duke’s terrible shooting percentages. Rest of my reply is my personal opinion on why the current offense is building a tower of bricks. If you look back in this thread, I practically said the same thing. At no point in that post did I talk about the players in a terrible manner. On #2 I said that Cam Reddish is brain dead at shooting 3’s from off-ball screens. In other words, he’s not showing signs of life. Am I wrong? Is Reddish not a liability on offense with catch and shoot 3’s after curling off a screen? I didn’t say Reddish sucked, or that he couldn’t score. I implied that the half-court offense makes his game suffer. I mean we can argue that I could of picked better wording than “brain dead” but if you don’t take it so dang literally, it’s not an insult. Lighten up.

I said that Tre Jones is a terrible 3pt shooter and implied that he and Zion have no business shooting 3’s regularly within the offense. They’re both shooting like 27% — Do you know why Ben Simmons doesn’t shoot 3’s? Because a 1/4th probability of it going in isn’t worth the gamble when there’s a more efficient shot to be found. I said these guys shouldn’t shoot 3’s, I didn’t say they belonged on the bench. Matter of fact in #1 I gushed at Tre’s playmaking talents and voiced my opinion that he doesn’t get to really show it off in our set offense.

Let me guess, you’re offended by #5 because I said RJ and “forced acrobatic layup” in the same sentence? C’mon man, Get out of your natural defensive mode. I didn’t say this was RJ’s fault, once all options and explored and the shot clock is ticking, he has no choice other than put up a terrible shot hoping for some luck or a foul.

I finished the post off by bragging on Duke’s offensive rebounds and defense. (Which is why we continue to win with the horrible shooting percentages.) In conclusion, I noted that Duke was the most talented team in the country and that it wasn’t even close but that we’re susceptible to getting bounced against an elite team if this offense didn’t see better 3PT shooting percentages.

I’ve randomly been a part of some different basketball forums over the years and I have to say, I’ve never had someone attempt to shun me so hard for simply sharing some civil, constructive thoughts. If you don’t agree with me at all, that’s cool. You have every right to think the offense is running at its best capabilities. If I want to think otherwise and layout why I think it’s inefficient, I have the right to do so. No reason to just take jabs at me and attempt to blast me as a troll because 3 out of 15 or 20 threads I’ve commented on are about disagreeing with the offense.

Anyway, you have a good night.

1. and 2. Well if you think I’m trolling too then so be it lol, good grief.....

3. There’s people who can throw the long necks back better than I can, but I ain’t ever been told I’m bad at it.

4. 110% agree
I'm paying $20 a month, how much are you paying?

Alright folks I know this guy made quite an impression by popping up in the middle of the night and didn’t do a great job of introducing himself before going on the attack but I’ve read everything he’s written and I’m not convinced he’s a troll.

I’ll be the first person to jump on someone if I think they are going too far or personally attacking our guy. And even though this guy seemed to go to the writing school of Yates, I think his opinion has been fair so far. I don’t agree with some of it but that’s a different conversation. I don’t think he’s a troll, yet. Now if he starts telling our guys to stop diving....

Alright folks I know this guy made quite an impression by popping up in the middle of the night and didn’t do a great job of introducing himself before going on the attack but I’ve read everything he’s written and I’m not convinced he’s a troll.

I’ll be the first person to jump on someone if I think they are going too far or personally attacking our guy. And even though this guy seemed to go to the writing school of Yates, I think his opinion has been fair so far. I don’t agree with some of it but that’s a different conversation. I don’t think he’s a troll, yet. Now if he starts telling our guys to stop diving....

Appreciate it. This place is like a chain reaction. One guy decides I can’t have an opinion, goes through my posts to find anything he can twist. Misses the sarcasm, claims that I talked smack, decides that I’m a troll. blasts it on 2 posts. Followers follow, apparently someone thinks I’m a JB person.

Jesus lmao.

Our "Golden State" offense isn't for three point shooting. It's about spreading the floor because yes we have the best slashing team in the country. K said that everyone needs to be able to take the "stand still" three because we will have open looks created by our elite slashing. No, we haven't been good from behind the arc and sometimes we force, but we are going to have open threes. If we make a good percentage....we are pretty much unstoppable. If we don't, well we still usually win.

Appreciate it. This place is like a chain reaction. One guy decides I can’t have an opinion, goes through my posts to find anything he can twist. Misses the sarcasm, claims that I talked smack, decides that I’m a troll. blasts it on 2 posts. Followers follow, apparently someone thinks I’m a JB person.

Jesus lmao.
Chain reaction around here is a good thing. Not about going through your post, just reading it for what it is. Yeah I totally missed the sarcasm, maybe my humor is finally gone. We agree to disagree, won't be the first time that happens. I'll go with my gut feeling, you keep posting away, and we will all live to see another day.

Our "Golden State" offense isn't for three point shooting. It's about spreading the floor because yes we have the best slashing team in the country. K said that everyone needs to be able to take the "stand still" three because we will have open looks created by our elite slashing. No, we haven't been good from behind the arc and sometimes we force, but we are going to have open threes. If we make a good percentage....we are pretty much unstoppable. If we don't, well we still usually win.

5-out motion or 41 motion is Golden State’s offense. It’s “positionless” — We run the same thing but of course tweak it a bit. Like I’ve previously said, It’s an elite offense and our choreography is fantastic. The part that sucks is that everyone we play sits in a condensed “lazy” 2-3 zone or pack line. They make slashing to the basket twice as difficult and force us to shoot the ball. I don’t think we take bad perimeter shots, most things we put up are open or light / late contests. It would just be awesome if we could hit these shots more consistently. I know putting in O’Connell takes away from the defense but he’s the most consistent guy from behind the arc on the team. If our offense runs into a brick-wall like the Louisville game, it’d really benefit to bring him in. Not so he can just jack up threes but to stretch the defense out a little. Open it up for our slashers, too.

I definitely agree with the old phrase “don’t fix what isn’t broken.” — We’re winning games and that’s the only stat line that matters.

Chain reaction around here is a good thing. Not about going through your post, just reading it for what it is. Yeah I totally missed the sarcasm, maybe my humor is finally gone. We agree to disagree, won't be the first time that happens. I'll go with my gut feeling, you keep posting away, and we will all live to see another day.

29x7z8z.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT