ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE - ELITE EIGHT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

If not it should...he is nowhere near nba ready and won't be for 3-4 years IMO

Whoever drafts him in first round should be fired...and I love Tre just being honest

He will cost himself millions by coming this year. Next years class isn’t very good and developing a jump shot and being the leader will have him in the top 15 next year. Leaving now he could easily slip to second round.

Zion was fun to watch..I will miss him

Next years team won’t be very good and they all know it..

We had an anomaly in 2015 with one and done talent..overall it’s been a pretty huge disappointment if you take the whole...we did have chances the last two years but didn’t get it done..

All National Championships are anomalies, whether with freshmen or seniors. We have 5 National Championships out of 119 (?) years of basketball, those 5 seasons were anomalies.

Reactions: jthegreat
Absurd. His stock would definitely rise if he became a better scorer. Nobody cares about raising stock anymore. If you’re a first rounder the advice is to go it’s stupid.

You can blame the change in landscape of the NBA. If this was the mid 90's or early 2000's the only go to go off this team would be Zion.

Grateful to see Zion wear a Duke uniform. What an amazing player. He carried us to the Elite Eight. Wanted him with the ball in his hands the last couple possessions. We might still be playing.

Not sure why he didn’t have it. He had chances but seemed to defer to Barrett

Well this just stinks. Still proud of this team and thankful for all the moments of joy they provided us fans. It hurts, but more seasons end this way than don't.

Reactions: dbav
Lollllll lmaoooool lolllll lmaooooo back to tardville. We shoulda ran you off when we had the chance
“We” you mean you and your pack of morons? Lmao everybody here with sense knows......I’ll leave it at that. :)

It was great posting on this board this year. I hope you guys have a great off season. Even though I'm a little sad they lost, life does go on, and if not for this board, I would never have met some stand up guys here in person. So for me, there always things going on much worse than my favorite team losing a basketball game. That's why it's called March Madness. It truly lives up to the name. You guys be blessed until CTC 2019. We were blessed no matter if it ended before we all wished.

Thanks soldier. Enjoyed posting with you this year. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Just as sad that Zion won’t be in a Duke Uniform ever again as us losing. That dude was beyond special.

Tre isn’t coming back his stock isn’t changing

Tre's stock is in the 2nd round. Especially once all the foreign players, and the athletes with upside, wingspan, and shooting ability (or some combination thereof) start shooting up draft boards leading up to the Combine and draft. An average-sized PG with average athleticism and no shooting ability has very little value in today's NBA. He plays great defense, but that defense won't necessarily translate against better athletes. Would be a poor decision for Tre to leave this year.

Will be interesting what happens with recruiting in the future..but this could of quite possibly been K last real shot at a Final Four..

The team next year isn’t making one..so unless he lands some stud recruiting classes after this could of been it..

It was great posting on this board this year. I hope you guys have a great off season. Even though I'm a little sad they lost, life does go on, and if not for this board, I would never have met some stand up guys here in person. So for me, there always things going on much worse than my favorite team losing a basketball game. That's why it's called March Madness. It truly lives up to the name. You guys be blessed until CTC 2019. We were blessed no matter if it ended before we all wished.

Good post RS. This is a great board. Sucks when we lose.

This one hurts...bad. We were one stop away from winning. A couple made free throws, one less turnover away from winning. It has been a fun team to watch and although this is not the end we wanted I'm still glad to be a Duke fan and always will be. I've enjoyed posting this season with you guys and gals.

This loss sucks for sure but I learned a long time ago not to get too invested in sports teams I have no control over...I'm upset we lost but will get over it quickly...more important things in life than sports

I'm sure some will say "not a real fan blah blah blah" type stuff...really don't care...I'm too old for that nonsense

Reactions: Laettshow
U right sky u win some and lose some. I am just tired of losing every march though. We will not even be in the hunt next year unless we find some very unexpected recruits or transfers or something

What is next year looking like. I feel like we are losing more guys than we are bringing in

Reactions: montana_heel
Guys I really enjoyed the ride this team gave us! It hurts like heck but I couldnt be prouder of K, his staff and the guys who played for Duke this season. Have to give Mich St credit, they just ran 2 great plays at the end, and our nemesis, free throws finally did us in.

Nonetheless, BE PROUD, BE THANKFUL FOR THESE YOUNG MEN AND THRILLS THEY GAVE US!

ACC CHAMPIONS 2019, and more importantly, this group carried themselves like champions!Duke 4 Life!

OFC

I still believe this lol

giphy.gif

Congrats! Your team played a great game!

Thank you. I told my MSU friends that Winston must outplay Jones for us to have a shot and he did.

Tillman and Ward are big boys and how Zion just moved them both was the damndest thing.

Crazy stat about how RJ has cost you every loss and Zion didn’t get the rock in those games.

Same man. I don’t see us being good next year. Unfortunately I think this was K’s last real chance at another title. I’m heart broken.
Could sleep last night of course so I laid in bed thinking about next year. 6 upperclassman returning all of whom have serious game experience. 3 freshman coming and maybe more. No we won't have RJ and Zion but maybe next years team won't be so bad after all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT