ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE - ELITE EIGHT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Unless we are steamrolling them, which isn't likely, then just keep it close.......we have a ZION to go to at the end of game.

I think we can force some turnovers and get out in transition. Turnovers have been one of the few "problems" for Sparty and we excel in making teams pay, especially live-ball turnovers. No score prediction just a win for the good guys.

HERE COMES DUKE

Reactions: duke198025
I’m really hoping that I can just relax and enjoy the game. Doubt it will happen as I am already nervous. Our guys need to just leave it all on the floor today...last year was tough to take. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Here’s to not feeling like that today!

I’m really hoping that I can just relax and enjoy the game. Doubt it will happen as I am already nervous. Our guys need to just leave it all on the floor today...last year was tough to take. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Here’s to not feeling like that today!

I’m pretty nervous about this one too. Like I said last night, I’m not sure if it’s the opponent or what’s at stake, but I just keep telling myself that we have the best player on the floor. I’m hoping Cam can play and hoping Tre’s hot hand continues

I'm not always right but I don't see any way K lets Cam start. after yesterday - no way. plus the team had to practice without Cam.

wouldn't be surprised to see him in the K doghouse...

Reactions: pisgah101
As long as Winston doesn't go all Carson Edwards on us (which he is quite capable of doing) I think we win in a tight game. We have a Zion, they do not, case closed.

Do we know the status of Cam and Jack?

Duke 72
MI State 67

Let's go Duke!

I’m pretty nervous about this one too. Like I said last night, I’m not sure if it’s the opponent or what’s at stake, but I just keep telling myself that we have the best player on the floor. I’m hoping Cam can play and hoping Tre’s hot hand continues
Definitely it's what's at stake. The fear that the season could be over this evening

Reactions: DukefanKY
We need Cam to at least give us some minutes and a few 3s. AOC did a nice job stepping in on short notice but Mich. State is a physically stronger team and may be too much for AOC right now.

If Cam plays, I think we win by 5. Without, it may be a struggle. But I trust in Zion, RJ and most of all Coach K!

I got a bad feeling about this one...we was out rebounded against a small VT team and we all know Mich st will pound the boards and get a bunch of 2nd chance opportunities

Unless we hit some 3s which I'm not confident in then I'm afraid out season may end today

Sure hope I'm wrong

Reactions: eastspartan
I'm dialing up the 2015 final four game to watch while I work out.

Allen with the baseline dunk, love that play and the way that season ended!

Some of y’all need to chill. Duke has this one.

And I’m confident AOC will step up. Go ahead and pack the post around Bolden and Z; AOC will exploit it.

Hope so but I just don't see it...IMO these type games are way over his head

Again hope I'm wrong

A little nervous in that we keep beating them. I hope they are not "due" for a win today. They will be more motivated to break the streak.

That said; Duke by 6.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
M1Wl0Ch.jpg

I’m always nervous every Duke tournament game especially Elite eight tournament games. Duke has beaten a lot of elite teams this year. Outside of Michigan State, Duke has beaten every team still remaining in the tournament. Duke has also beaten every single ACC team like I mentioned earlier in a post and we have still only lost one game by two at full strength. We are more than battle tested and ready for this game. I’m confident we can win this game. Plz, no silly lob attempts RJ or anyone for that matter that leads to a turnover. I would also for love for Duke to turn up the defensive pressure and force Michigan State to turn the ball over

Duke: 78
Michigan State: 72

Let’s Go Duke!!

You just need something on your stomach.......I recommend loaded nachos, beer, and a couple tequila shots, preferably Cabo Wabo.....at least that’s what I’m gonna try. I’ll let you know if it works!!

I got some pretty ribeyes I’m gonna toss on the grill in a bit. Along with a case of bud heavy. I’m gonna leave liquor out of it until after the game lmao

I'm with the MSU doesn't worry me as much as Va Tech crowd. Course I'm also with the hope the 11:1 record means we are overdue for a loss crowd too.

We really need Bolden and Javin to step up.

Reactions: sheyduke
Was there ever any word on why Goldwire barely played against Tech?

Izzo is going to pack the post with his bench. The question is how Duke responds. I’m not worried about Winston as much as I am MICH ST. defense.

Duke by two.

Let’s Go Duke! We know what’s on the line!

DUKE- 78
MSU- 74

We have the two best players in the country and the best coach of all time. It will be a challenge regardless- it’ll be tight. It won’t be easy. But after it’s all over, we are moving on to Minneapolis. LETS GO DUKE!

Reactions: skysdad
Duke winning would be great. Duke narrowly escaping from a last second shot would be a welcomed change.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Duke winning would be great. Duke narrowly escaping from a last second shot would be a welcomed change.
My heart would appreciate it if we could be well on our way to victory by the last tv timeout.

Reactions: Mpm277
Oh and one of the best defenses in college basketball is waiting for us, has a week to prepeare, and a year of scouting on us as their revenge game.....for the people who wanted the Zags to lose....:D

Gotta work til like 9 tonight. Haven’t decided if I’m gonna isolate myself from the internet and watch when I get home with no knowledge of what happened, listen live on the radio, or check the final score 2.5 hours after tip then watch when I get home. If I do know what happens ahead of time, I will still watch if we lose, part of being a fan, will be tough though

Duke 70
MSU 64

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT