ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This board is pretty respectful compared to most. I haven't seen anyone say anyone sucks. Just things we need to work on. There are things you can get away with against Georgia Tech that you won't against a Miami, who while good probably will need some more big wins just to make the tournament. Half the teams in the ACC can beat us on a given night if we don't protect the ball.
PS : I just heard Bob Saget died. Now that sucks.

This board is pretty respectful compared to most. I haven't seen anyone say anyone sucks. Just things we need to work on. There are things you can get away with against Georgia Tech that you won't against a Miami, who while good probably will need some more big wins just to make the tournament. Half the teams in the ACC can beat us on a given night if we don't protect the ball.
I think we’re fortunate to have beaten GT. The free throws were a huge advantage. Tech was 9-12. Duke was 26-40.

PS : I just heard Bob Saget died. Now that sucks.
Losing Norm Macdonald and Bob Saget within a few months of each other is just a kick in the damn soul. Two of the nicest and most underrated comics of all time. And they were best friends. Just a punch in the damn heart 😢

You missed my point. My point was that most of the people that still post on this board ONLY post on this board when we’re playing bad or after we lose.
This is the only board I post on if that’s directed at me. It’s also not complaining when it’s the same thing talked about year after year over the last five years. We can go into depth but part of the reason you saw Coleman and Brakesfield leave was due to the fact they wanted more then a couple minutes a game . Gold wire left because he wanted to be the primary point guard for a school all three are doing well .
K has always praised upper classmen. Well on a team so young the only ones seeing meaningful minutes are two sophomores and a junior while Baker( six minutes) and Johns ( three minutes) . Then we hear the same old posters talk about time is earned in practice. Well your telling me in four years bakers only played well enough in practice to earn six minutes and after five years Johns has only played well enough to earn three yet K continues to say,” we looked tired!” Who’s that on? Players don’t make the substitutions .

This is the only board I post on if that’s directed at me. It’s also not complaining when it’s the same thing talked about year after year over the last five years. We can go into depth but part of the reason you saw Coleman and Brakesfield leave was due to the fact they wanted more then a couple minutes a game . Gold wire left because he wanted to be the primary point guard for a school all three are doing well .
K has always praised upper classmen. Well on a team so young the only ones seeing meaningful minutes are two sophomores and a junior while Baker( six minutes) and Johns ( three minutes) . Then we hear the same old posters talk about time is earned in practice. Well your telling me in four years bakers only played well enough in practice to earn six minutes and after five years Johns has only played well enough to earn three yet K continues to say,” we looked tired!” Who’s that on? Players don’t make the substitutions .
Shey I know where you are coming from, and that's in no way in any offense to Diehard. We ALL want Duke to win. I just really have a hard time justifying the Covid fatigue factor from K when the bench is so seldom used.I personally thought our crowd was really good, and was enough to Will us to the win. Oh well....

Regardless of fatigue, the team should be in better shape today after a day off to recuperate yesterday. Let's hope the ANGER factor over losing carries us past covid fatigue Wednesday, and K makes necessary tweaks in practice to carve out a win.OFC

Every time I come back here to DI, I’m reminded why I don’t post on this board much anymore because all of the good posters don’t really post on this board anymore because there are so many wannabe coaches talking out of their a$$e$ when we lose and are nowhere to be seen when we’re winning.
I get the frustration but you guys can keep circle jerking on the other board, right?

I also do t get the wanna be coaches thing. I watched the sport show after the loss and Boozer himself said,” there are a lot of things that need to be fixed and we’re not just seeing it after the Covid layoff. The low use of the size to over power in the front court is baffling me right now!”
Some of the things we saw Saturday night are reoccurring themes. The back door cuts lack of talking on the court. Failure to make an entry pass into the post.

I also do t get the wanna be coaches thing. I watched the sport show after the loss and Boozer himself said,” there are a lot of things that need to be fixed and we’re not just seeing it after the Covid layoff. The low use of the size to over power in the front court is baffling me right now!”
Some of the things we saw Saturday night are reoccurring themes. The back door cuts lack of talking on the court. Failure to make an entry pass into the post.
I am with Carlos! OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT