ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Another big one tomorrow against a team and a coach that has notoriously given us problems. Miami is as good as anyone at spreading out the floor and working the drive and kick.

The Hurricanes come into the game at 12-3 overall and 4-0 in ACC play with wins over Clemson, NC State, Wake and Syracuse.

At the time of this post, Duke sits at a -15 favorite which seems like a lot, but the Hurricanes haven't played the most difficult schedule to this point. The only ranked opponent they've played is Alabama, and that was a 32 point loss.

I feel like it's tough to tell how good they are or aren't. Basketball is a game of matchups, however, and they've never been a great one for us.

So I'm going to go with the same prediction I had on Tuesday. We will win this game, but not cover.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 8pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke 77

Miami 70

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Miami usually gives us fits, especially with their guard play. But this is a bounce back game for Duke after looking pretty rusty earlier in the week. We are home too. I look for us to shoot much better in all areas and win this one easily, pulling away handily in the second half.

Duke 88
Miami 63

15 points? that sounds too good to be true man. I’ll smile tomorrow and take that to the bank! 😂 That’s crazy . Hell I’d take 10

15 points? that sounds too good to be true man. I’ll smile tomorrow and take that to the bank! 😂 That’s crazy . Hell I’d take 10

Going back a while. What was that word you used to describe my posting style? Something about it being all over the place. For some reason I thought about that but for the life of me I can't think of that word. ☺OFC

Reactions: IFaZe
Going back a while. What was that word you used to describe my posting style? Something about it being all over the place. For some reason I thought about that but for the life of me I can't think of that word. ☺OFC
mannn I can’t remember comprehend?

Reactions: skysdad
Reading these posts you’d think duke was playing the Miami Heat tonight. Duke will be fine tonight. We got a week plus of practice and a game under our belt since the pause.

Reactions: skysdad
mannn I can’t remember comprehend?

That's it. Comprehend and you are right. Sometimes I can't comprehend what I post myself. At least you didn't use senile pos which is what some of the thr faithful used to describe me. LOL. OFC

Tie game a few minutes left in the half. Tie game at halftime. This is going to be a dogfight.

Last edited:
Cut down on the turnovers and we win. Miami is forcing a lot of turnovers. Would be a nice tough win if we can get it.

Miami playing with grown men. Experience. Sometimes talent needs an extra boost to be successful. Duke must invest in a few 4 year players or solid graduate transfers.

Miami is tough and well coached. Moore is in a little funk lately, as is Keels. Bachero just isn’t as tough as someone his size should be.

We’ve still got some work to put in. Haven’t looked great since before Christmas.
Lol I hate that I have to relive my old post but yes we definitely have work to do. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a crow I must eat

I’m just glad we always trend to chucking 3s while the other team goes for layups

If this team ain’t gonna play Duke ball then I ain’t gotta watch it. I’ll see you all Wednesday night for the Wake game.

Covid killed the offense I guess but that don’t explain the 16 turnovers and lack of inside defense.

If this team ain’t gonna play Duke ball then I ain’t gotta watch it. I’ll see you all Wednesday night for the Wake game.
The defensive ball pressure is lacking. Still not defending the back door cut. In the history of Miami basketball they have never had more steals than the first half tonight. Whoa

Why do we have so few sick plays that lead to something like that aj griffin dunk

These last two minutes will tell a lot but I don’t see Duke pulling it out .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT