ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

3 happy for a not good 3pt shooting team. We say this every year, get the ball inside every possession but we dont. This game was lost early with the cold start, we need to come out more intense, same in the Clemson game. The last 4 mins were TO's and poor shot selection - better execution and we win this one despite the ice cold start. Good news is no one in CBB is great this year so losses are a nightly occurrence for everyone. Hopefully back to back losses motivates the players and staff to tighten up the play. Onto the next game. At least we are not under .500!

Will Duke have a first rounder this year? Hard to imagine.

What had Moore showed you? He’s been inefficient offensively and LAZY on defense. He’s had like 2 good games all season.
He has been great defensively which is all he needs to do. He’s our best athlete outside of Stanley and is very long. Since his absence we have dropped 3 spots in defensive efficiency on Kenpom and let Louisville, who is not nearly the best offensive team we’ve face this season score nearly 80 on us.

Well the negative Nancy's sure have come out, I'm pissed about losing but geez, I think some people dont have a life outside of Duke basketball, they got down and bummed and start trashing the whole team like there is no tomorrow.

So if you don't agree with it and it's anything negative then this person is a negative Nancy? Ok gotcha

I like Goldwire's hustle and he plays smart. In most cases I would play him fifteen minutes and Jones twenty five. Tonight I would have flipped that but those two on the floor together is a liability. Those last four or five possessions we had few options and it showed on our players. Just stood on the perimeter and waited for Jones to throw up a prayer.

Alex didn’t play because Alex hasn’t done much of anything all year. I don’t think he was going to be the answer defensively.

We didn’t have Wendell and we’re not going to have him for a while. Stop with the excuses.

This team is in a funk right now. It sucks. But this isn’t a fringe top 10-20 team, either. We’re good. We just don’t have a lot of room for error. That means we can’t play with our heads up our asses against other teams for 10-minute stretches.

Louisville was better tonight. We lost.

Ok. I refrained from posting during the game. I think we are a good team but in order for us to be very good we have to have everyone. We don't have an elite player this year like in years past.

What got me irked the most was after the timeout at the end. Why didn't we go offense for defense? Their big guys had foul trouble and our only low post threat is Carey. To me, our lineup after the timeout should have been Carey, Hurt, Jones, Stanley and Baker (even tho he was cold but still an offensive threat).

Also, I know he only had 3 chances tonight but this is the 3rd or 4th straight game that Jones hasn't shot free throws well which is worrisome.

Regroup and let's ride out the storm until we get fully healthy.

Let's go Duke!!!!!

Reactions: KyJones64
Theres no perfect team, especially this year. We may get bounced first game of the tourney, we might win it all, but adversity happens to every team every year. It can make or break you and I believe these guys can learn from it. Heck 2015 was a big of a roller coaster as I've seen and that ended well.

Reactions: gottagonow
I can't believe this melt down. We are a better fan base that what we are showing tonight. We really shouldn't ever say anything about thr's or R.R.'s melt downs after a loss anymore. This is pitiful. Maybe we all need to give a rest for a while. OFC

I can't believe this melt down. We are a better fan base that what we are showing tonight. We really shouldn't ever say anything about thr's or R.R.'s melt downs after a loss anymore. This is pitiful. Maybe we all need to give a rest for a while. OFC
Preach

Reactions: skysdad
So if you don't agree with it and it's anything negative then this person is a negative Nancy? Ok gotcha

Read your posts in this thread. No conjecture whatsoever. All the same tone. Reality works more than one way.

We sucked tonight. Doesn’t mean we suck all the time and doesn’t mean we’re going to suck next week.

I don’t mean to directly call you out, but you seem to not handle Duke struggling well.

Eliminate the first, I say, 10 minutes of that game and we probably win by 5-10. Team has to learn that they haven’t to bring it a full 40 minutes.

Reactions: dbav
Alex didn’t play because Alex hasn’t done much of anything all year. I don’t think he was going to be the answer defensively.

We didn’t have Wendell and we’re not going to have him for a while. Stop with the excuses.

This team is in a funk right now. It sucks. But this isn’t a fringe top 10-20 team, either. We’re good. We just don’t have a lot of room for error. That means we can’t play with our heads up our asses against other teams for 10-minute stretches.

Louisville was better tonight. We lost.
Alex was supposed to be a sharp shooter. If he can’t shoot he’s a taller version of me

That was the first game that pissed me off this year. Tre is forcing a ton. He needs to start reacting and stop focusing on pre-planned action. Jack is too slow to be on the perimeter guarding shooters/slashers.

We need to cut out the over the top celebrating after dunks. It breaks our focus.

We’ll bounce back Tuesday. That one woke us up.

Most Duke fans are no different than fans of other teams. We’re pretty spoiled and don’t handle losing well.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Read your posts in this thread. No conjecture whatsoever. All the same tone. Reality works more than one way.

We sucked tonight. Doesn’t mean we suck all the time and doesn’t mean we’re going to suck next week.

I don’t mean to directly call you out, but you seem to not handle Duke struggling well.

Please show me a post where I said anything about anytime other than tonight's game in this thread? I'll wait

We are 15-3 now! Before the year started, we would have been thrilled to know that we would be 15-3 at this stage. We have some issues right now that are fixable and I am confident Coach knows what remedies can fix this. We will turn it around!!!!
OFC

Gotta come out next game with more intensity and valuing the ball. Early turnovers just gives the other team confidence. Tonight Louisville came to play, by the time Duke did, it was a little too late.

There is no dominant team this year. Gonzaga might just actually win it all finally. So could some other mid Major at a >5 seed. So could Duke. Enjoy this year! They’re rare.

Alex was supposed to be a sharp shooter. If he can’t shoot he’s a taller version of me

And guess what? Maybe that’s true. Alex will be the first to tell you he hasn’t been very good. No sense in playing the ‘what if’ game. We still lost.

Eliminate the first, I say, 10 minutes of that game and we probably win by 5-10. Team has to learn that they haven’t to bring it a full 40 minutes.

I'm with you on this. We were down 15+ after 10 minutes. Tied it up a couple times and lost by 6. We actually outplayed them most of the game, but that first 10 minutes killed us.

Reactions: tp394
Reading this board after a loss is truly comical In a sense. We have screen names showing up that's been in the dang Witness Protection Program when things are going good. Let Duke have a bad game, and here they come out of the wood work. So for you posters, keep doing what kept you away during the good times.

We are so spoiled that it's shocking that no matter what the circumstances are that lead to a loss, its embarrassing, we didn't fight, a certain player should or should not have been in the game. Sometimes the other Division 1, power 5 team may just have decent players too instead of guys from the YMCA. At times we act like Duke is invincible, not prone to the things other teams go through. College basketball teams are extremely unpredictable this year more than any I can imagine. Nothing is a given. I'm getting ready for the next one, and moving on from this one.

And guess what? Maybe that’s true. Alex will be the first to tell you he hasn’t been very good. No sense in playing the ‘what if’ game. We still lost.
I agree. I’m gonna find a nice comedy to cheer me up lol

Its like dukiejay said. We don't have a lot of room for error.

Just a few games back we were all saying thats what we liked about this team, that a different player seemed to step up each game and we didn't have to depend on a star each game. Well NOT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT