ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well, the opening to our ACC season didn't go so well on Saturday...Heck, this entire season hasn't gone well...I could rehash all of the issues we've had to start the season but I don't to put salt on anyone's wounds...

So, God speed Coach K - we need you as soon as you're healthy and ready to return. Grayson needs to grow up and mature and we need him back on the court. Most of all, we need Giles start becoming the player we know he can.

Duke needs this one in a BAD way. Luckily, our schedule sets up in well these next couple home games and we SHOULD win (knocking on wood).

We come into tonight's game roughly a -20 favorite. I think that's probably about right.

Duke 82

Georgia Tech 64

Game is slated for a 6pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD.

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to take out a little frustration and whip some ass. I think we'll either win big, or have a squeaker. Hopin' for a blowout.

Duke 81
GT 65

OFC

Are the students back yet? This one will be close IMO. We should absolutely destroy them in the paint. Amile should be running wild.
Duke 78
GT 71

I'd be lying if I said i had much confidence after a far less talented VT team made us look super terrible, but hopefully we actually at least attempt to show up for the rest of the season.

Duke 75
GT 68

Get better K!

Team better come out on fire! We also need to remember the 2015 team struggled in Jan & didn't turn it on until Feb. Be patient Duke fans!

We need to see some emotion coming from our guys tonight. They just got handled in their ACC opener which hopefully lights a fire under them. We know we have the talent on this roster, now we might see the fight.

I don't expect it to always be pretty, but ultimately I think we'll pull away for about a 12-15 point win. It's important to find some flow these next two games with what's on the horizon.

Reactions: skysdad
Would like to see some consistency on both ends, especially on the defensive end. Talking, gang rebounding. Offensively, I'd like to see us move the ball a lot more, maybe even get a few touches inside for Ques. I think we win this game by 10-15.

Reactions: skysdad
I think we will stay ahead most of the final 3 quarters of the game by roughly single digits. I don't think this will be a UNLV game or a VT game.

I think this team plays hard tonight especially after coming off the pitiful performance on Saturday and knowing K will be out a while and win this one comfortably

While I'm hoping for a win, I'm also looking to see Amile show some more leadership and passion as well as hoping to see some cohesiveness with our team and not so much 1v1.

While I love your optimism, I doubt Harry gets 16 minutes, much less 16 points.
Sure would be a great game to give him as many minutes as he can handle. After tonight and Saturday, ZERO time left for experimenting.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Also I think the comparison of this team to the 2015 team are pretty ridiculous. The 2015 team had one of our greatest regular season wins I can recall. We beat Wisconsin on the road in what was hyped as "the greatest regular season game ever" was #2 them versus #3 us. We beat them by double digits.
We also handled a final 4 MSU team (we stayed up 10-15 the whole game) in the Champions Classic that year.

This team hasn't had a win as impressive as that MSU win (no I dont count the UNLV route) not to mention, that Wisconsin win...well we would have had to beat Kansas by 30 for it to be as impressive as our 10 point Kohl center win.

Call me silly, but I truly believe this will be Giles' coming out party (kind of). By no means will he play at the potential that he has, but I think he'll have a double double. He grabbed 8 boards in 13 minutes last game and looked twice as comfortable as he did his first 2 games. Just got that feeling. Here's hoping....

Looking for another big game out of Luke & a Giles coming out party! We Win going away! GO DUKE!!!!

OFC

I wish I felt like a blowout for us but I see Duke winning in a close game squeaker 79-74. At this particular time in our season any win is big.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Call me silly, but I truly believe this will be Giles' coming out party (kind of). By no means will he play at the potential that he has, but I think he'll have a double double. He grabbed 8 boards in 13 minutes last game and looked twice as comfortable as he did his first 2 games. Just got that feeling. Here's hoping....
You're silly!

Looks like Grayson is starting.

That's the starting 5 I think everybody has been waiting to see. Go gettem K, give the media a big middle finger. if anyone complains about Grayson starting, I would just ask where the out cry was with the Clemson football player when he was checking the Ohio St players oil.

Reactions: pisgah101
Wow! Giles in the starting lineup. He def has not looked ready not, but I love the move. He needs to PT to get back in the swing of things.

Get ready for the backlash of "wow Grayson sat one game, he really learned his lesson and K really punished him"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT