ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGETOWN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

CUcwpx5UcAAv7LW.jpg

Reactions: pisgah101
Had to record the game and watch it. Good game overall. Grayson is who we thought he'd be. Just amazing.

Matt can be so hot and cold with his shooting. It is really interesting to watch. Plumlee and Jefferson are just pure heart and energy. I like how they represent my school.

The freshmen really seem like they are a little confidence and belief away from making a big jump. I hope those first half minutes really spark Jeter. He and Jefferson seem like our best interior scoring options. Kennard just needs to see the ball go through the net and he could take off.

Thornton has been taking big steps. He seems very composed. He keeps getting better and seems to be growing in confidence every minute. He also played some very good defense today.

I feel for Ingram. I don't think he's really doing much "wrong". He's just not finishing on the offensive end. I think he's been playing solid defense and rebounding well. He just needs an offensive apark.

Overall, I like how we played, especially the second half. I think for some of the freshmen, it'll be good to get back to Durham. Familiar surroundings can help with focus and confidence. I like that we seem to be improving every game. Gives me a lot of hope.

Last edited:
As fans we are going to have a rollercoaster ride of a season. Some of us will have things to say that might upset other fans, but don't lose sight of the fact that we are all Duke fans. Let's not insult each other's opinions or accuse anyone of being negative for giving their assessment of what they see. We have all been wrong before and we will all be wrong again. We can have disagreements and still have a professional back and forth.

gritty win....kennards shot will come, but for now he is still doing other things well....ingram will find his way....jeter needs to get a few more minutes

It's going to be a long season. Not to say we can't make noise in the tournament but it's going to take time for this team to finds their flow.

Also, I'm much happier with the FT shooting today. And I agree with those who have said it. Too many whistles.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Whew is all I can say. Just don't understand how they got off so many good 3 pointers. We did well at the free throw line in crunch time even if Thornton missed the last two he took. He still mad some big ones. He's playing well. Guys we got to be patient with this team. It may be 15 games before our youngsters get into the swing of big time college basketball. Some of them will have some bright moments like Jeter did today but in due time Kennard's shot will start dropping and Ingram will be a defender's nightmare. Patience my fellow fans. Patience. OFC

Whew is all I can say. Just don't understand how they got off so many good 3 pointers. We did well at the free throw line in crunch time even if Thornton missed the last two he took. He still mad some big ones. He's playing well. Guys we got to be patient with this team. It may be 15 games before our youngsters get into the swing of big time college basketball. Some of them will have some bright moments like Jeter did today but in due time Kennard's shot will start dropping and Ingram will be a defender's nightmare. Patience my fellow fans. Patience. OFC
This team beat two good teams back to back. Not Ky class, but , two good teams none the less.. These are the games these young players need to be in , and win... K will have them ready by 2016..

K is big on body language. Quinn's career turned around when he fixed his own attitude. Sheed is doing the same this year hopefully. Brandon needs to rewatch his face and body language, because it sucks. Maybe that's his natural persona, but he needs to overcome it and grow into his potential. I'm confident K, his dad or maybe coach Nate will get through to the young man.

Reactions: cameroncrazie1985
If/when Kennard starts lighting it up, that's going to make a huge difference for this team. Grayson is outstanding, but he's not going to score 30+ every night. I think Kennard will be good for 10-15 per game once he heats up, and that will really help spread defenses out.

Feel good about this one, georgetown is pretty good. I would have liked a "pretty win" but the Carolina Panthers already gave me one during the very same hour, so I can't complain, both my teams got the win.

I asked the wife for a Grayson Allen Jersey for Christmas. This was before the season started. I'm suddenly wishing I asked for one in each Duke color! What a kid!

Our defense needs work, but we have a lot of youth and the season is young also. Thought we showed some potential on defense though.

VERY happy to see Chase get the chance and make good use of it. REALLY like our kids, INCLUDING BRANDON.

Better game for Marshall. Fought very hard for his rebounds. Better game for Amile to. Proud of both of them.

Go duke!

Reactions: pisgah101
K is big on body language. Quinn's career turned around when he fixed his own attitude. Sheed is doing the same this year hopefully. Brandon needs to rewatch his face and body language, because it sucks. Maybe that's his natural persona, but he needs to overcome it and grow into his potential. I'm confident K, his dad or maybe coach Nate will get through to the young man.

About Brandon Ingram's face and body language. Bad body language, looks lazy, and his face during the trophy presentation. If this is what we get on the floor, I don't want him to play. Just sad. If he's not going to give it all for his teammates, Duke, and himself...well he should sit on the bench.

About Brandon Ingram's face and body language. Bad body language, looks lazy, and his face during the trophy presentation. If this is what we get on the floor, I don't want him to play. Just sad. If he's not going to give it all for his teammates, Duke, and himself...well he should sit on the bench.

I don't know about Brandon's face telling anything in this shot. I'm sure there were several photos being taken at the time. He could have been between shots. If you look at the pic we run from time to time of me ,Heyman25, K-Ville and Nivram didn't have the biggest smile on his face but he was smiling when we were there. Maybe dirt can put it up tp prove my point. OFC

I don't know about Brandon's face telling anything in this shot. I'm sure there were several photos being taken at the time. He could have been between shots. If you look at the pic we run from time to time of me ,Heyman25, K-Ville and Nivram didn't have the biggest smile on his face but he was smiling when we were there. Maybe dirt can put it up tp prove my point. OFC

good point sky. however, if you watch him on the bench he was not standing up and cheering for his team, he appeared to not listen or be into the team huddles during timeouts as well. I guarantee you this is something that k and staff have noticed as well and I bet it will be brought to his attention. on the outside it appears that he is very frustrated and hopefully he can turn it around and become a more focal part of the team because duke needs him to be.

Reactions: skysdad
good point sky. however, if you watch him on the bench he was not standing up and cheering for his team, he appeared to not listen or be into the team huddles during timeouts as well. I guarantee you this is something that k and staff have noticed as well and I bet it will be brought to his attention. on the outside it appears that he is very frustrated and hopefully he can turn it around and become a more focal part of the team because duke needs him to be.

He'll learn. OFC.

Yeah I see your point Sky. It just seemed like he wasn't into it. Even during timeouts and huddles. Maybe that's just his natural demeanor. Either way, I hope to see this young man break out real soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT