ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Tatum is really hard to watch, when things aren't going well for him.

What thing that's missing in all the complaining is one obvious caveat....Florida State is really good. Let's give them a little bit of credit too.
Yes agreed but we're supposed to be too and getting beat by double digits and giving Florida State uncontested access to the basket is hard to watch without some complaining.

I think our freshman need to understand that they are not playing high school ball anymore and are not playing against high school players anymore. They are playing against men especially tonight. OFC

Same old dog and pony show again Saturday? Funny how everyone was so high on this team against GT. This team is missing the IT factor. They can't take a punch in the mouth and fight back for 40 minutes. Right now they can be really good for 25 and fold against talented teams

Florida State is playing real good just like Va Tech did at home.
That's the issue the ACC and NCAA tourney aren't played at home and this team can't play on the road.

Worst part our basically whole bench of five star players are getting out played by three and four star players with a couple of five stars.

Reactions: skysdad
Here's what I think we have: Luke and Grayson are awesome. We have solid role players like Matt and Chase, but they aren't great starters. Amile is out again. Harry isn't the same guy he was pre-knee. Tatum is great but one-dimensional. Frank hasn't adjusted to the college game yet. Bolden isn't ready. Javin and Jack might be OK but have zero experience. K is laid up. Let's regroup and hope this loss helps us grow up. These high rated recruits will get tired of being outplayed soon enough. They want to win. K knows how to win.
I couldn't of said it better Denver. With all the injuries and Grayson's suspension, how many games have we had everyone playing together?
A total meltdown by our fans on here. Call me a homer, but I still believe it will all come together. Heck, I don't think there were many fans on here that gave us a chance before the game started. Gonna be tough to win on the road this year for everybody.

Reactions: DukeDenver
The lack of toughness & basketball IQ with this group is astounding. Frosh are in AAU mode & vets are clearly not leading.

Gonna be a long month.

Reactions: wormyone42
What thing that's missing in all the complaining is one obvious caveat....Florida State is really good. Let's give them a little bit of credit too.
Much more fun to make disparaging comments about Duke players people don't like.

Yes agreed but we're supposed to be too and getting beat by double digits and giving Florida State uncontested access to the basket is hard to watch without some complaining.

Oh I'm not saying you can't complain. Cripes, complain away. We've been bad. I was just pointing out that FSU is pretty good, as well.

They are way overrated. Still living off of the preseason expectations. I think the only one that are playing to their potential have been Kennard and Jefferson. They sure miss Jefferson tonight but don't think it would of matter. FSU is just a better team.

Anybody looks good shooting layups for 20+ min..

A good defensive team that makes Fl. State play outside the paint will beat them....

I bet they didn't make ten jump shots the entire game...

Reactions: Ryyse
Oh I'm not saying you can't complain. Cripes, complain away. We've been bad. I was just pointing out that FSU is pretty good, as well.
Oh I know what you meant and I try to keep my griping to a minimum when we lose but damn, tonight we are just plumb awful. Case in point is that one handed dunk we just got thrown down on us.

FSU is good but I didn't come away overly impressed. Most of it is what we let them get away with. Question why is fsu calling a timeout with 38 second after a dunk

As soon as we get beat on the perimeter, it's a dunk or oop every time.

I expected to lose tonight. But the way we lost - lack of defensive effort - is completely unacceptable.

These guys need a change or it's going to be a mediocre season.

You guys that have been here a while know I dislike stall ball unless you use it to score and extend the lead. FSU executed stall ball to perfection tonight. Also I talk about clutch time free throws. If you look at the stats FSU's percentage wasn't that great overall but they hit those clutch time free throws. Fats off to FSU. They man handled us tonight. I really thought we would win. Next game. OFC

2015 had a guy like Quinn Cook, I don't see fire from anyone on this team.

Sloppy ball handling, poor passing, too many missed FTs and how many dunks did we give up? Doesn't remotely resemble Duke BB.

My sports teams have me very sad! I might stop watching sports all together and start reading books, or doing home improvement projects, or die of a broken heart!

Reactions: wormyone42
Soft. As it stands right now, every single game in the league will be similar to this. Jefferson makes a huge difference, I know, but it is very telling when the absence of one guy dismantles a team so thoroughly on one end of the floor. They simply can't stop anyone and it looks like they know that. The answers need to come from the guys. They must respond to this with some fight and some fire! That aspect is sorely lacking on this squad.

This definitely taints the expectation from a great recruiting class. On paper and pre-season had this as a super team. It looks a shadow of that now and i dont think any team will be scared to face them. The coaches have to figure out how to get them to gel quickly or the players need to hash it out themselves or these nights will happen when they play road games every night

We need a shot blocker and 4 other guys who are going to scrap for every 50/50 ball and give everything they have to defense. It's not talent it's a mentality. I said it earlier ill say it again. How many easy layups did we get in the second half? 0 that I can remember. How many did we give up? A million when I stopped counting. It's the little bit of effort between finishing 2 feet from a guy and being up on him that changes an uncontested layup into a much tougher one. They had 5 guys cycling to the rim at all times on both sides. We had one guy Jeter coming up for help defense and 4 others staring and watching us get dunked on. Until that changes, we will be a middle of the road team. Man up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT