ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Toughest test of the year. Florida State is really, really good this year and even better in Tallahassee. Cap that onto an ACC road game without our senior leader...and our coach.

That being said, this is what we live for as Duke fans. January is here, conference season is here and we get a really tough road battle and a chance to stamp us as one of the elite.

Game is once again on RSN only but if you're lucky enough to have Directv, it's on channel 790 tomorrow.

As stated, I believe this game is going to be really, REALLY tough. I also believe it's going to be our coming out party this year.

Duke 78

Florida State 77

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I would be shocked if we won tonight.

Duke 72
FSU 82

This would be a huge resume win. FSU is really good. Duke did not look good at all in their first ACC road game (understatement alert). This is a great opportunity to rectify that against an even better team.

Unfortunately I think the fact that Duke is still evolving and that they lost their senior leader and best rebounder and communicator will be too much to overcome.

Duke - 68
FSU - 72

Hope I'm wrong, but Amile is the player that we could least afford to lose going against a frontcourt as talented as FSU. I think we keep it close, but they pull away at the end. 85-74.

The game is listed to air on ESPN 360, though I'm not sure about blackouts.

Reactions: vcugreg
I think without K and Amile, we play with a major chip on our shoulder tonight. If Giles has a big game and Bolden can be effective while staying out of foul trouble, I think we pull it off.

I think we keep it tight until the 2nd half. No true point guard, although Grayson is doing a great job and no Jefferson. FSU win by double digits. 91-79

I won't be incredibly discouraged if we lose and play tough, but I'll really question this team's heart if we come out and don't fight like at Virginia Tech. That would alarm me some.

Grayson has been great in his facilitation role the last two games, but we might also need to see a little more of the alpha-Grayson in this one to have a chance at the win. He's going to face some adversity from a hostile crowd. I pray he responds appropriately.

I like FSU is this one. I'll say 86-78.

I don't think anyone can make a prediction about this game tonight with any precision. There are times when this team looks like world beaters and there are times when I wouldn't be surprised to see us knocked out of the tournament day 1. The difference between this team and past teams is that the ceiling of this team is much higher. We can bicker about chemistry but the personnel is there with or without Jefferson. If this team plays hard for 40 minutes with the same mentality that our championship team had when they went into Wisconsin early that year, we could certainly win. If we play timid, confused and lethargic we will get blown right out of the building. I am excited to see our character tonight. It is a major opportunity for this team to shine.

Duke by whatever it takes.

I hate this game. In Tallahassee, No Coach K, No Amile and lots of physical play with a good chance of Grayson's leg flying around. Nervous is an understatement. FSU by 14.

Reactions: BriSape23
Does Jeckyll or Hyde show up. This has been a tale of two teams. We have the talent, but I'm afraid it's not ready yet. Hamilton and FSU will be ready.

Hoping for a great game tonight. I think the FSU defensive intensity will be the difference maker down the stretch, as our depth allows us to keep up the pressure over long stretches. But, if Duke gets shots on the perimeter, I'll be holding my breath every time. I would not be surprised to see Duke get up by a decent margin at the beginning of the game due to your experience factor in big games, but we have made a habit of wearing teams down within the first ten minutes of the 2nd half. Going with the Noles, 80-75 with a hopefully just as competitive game in Cameron and Brooklyn to follow :D

How many of us thought Duke had a chance against Louisville in 2015? I think tonight is the night we see the real Harry Giles. I'm not counting our guys out just yet.

Duke 89
FSU 80

Harry has his coming out party tonight. Luke and Jayson score big. Grayson takes more steps towards becoming a solid distributor.

What channel is this game going to be on? Yahoo says ESFC, which is a FOX Sports channel, but I can't find it on my DirecTV guide.

I don't think this is Harry's breakout game yet. Gonna be very physical and he doesn't trust the knees yet. I think he's still 4 or 5 games out. I hope Grayson continues his dish game, hard drives to the basket are gonna go poorly for him in this one.

What channel is this game going to be on? Yahoo says ESFC, which is a FOX Sports channel, but I can't find it on my DirecTV guide.
It will definitely be on WatchESPN (if you have a Firestick or Roku). Subject to Blackout (however the game is sold out already) It is annoying to watch sports via a stream, however it's the only option I will have.

FSU averaging 500 fans per game but Civic Center is surprisingly sold out tonight. FSU plays game of their lives, wins & gets stomped by Heels this weekend. Beat Duke and lay an egg in next game, never fails.

FSU - 81
Duke - 72

Well, to say everything seems to being against Duke (at the moment) is an understatement. That said, I believe this Duke team is going to band together, and play some of their best basketball to date. Go Duke!

Duke 79
FSU 75

OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Must get mentally prepared for the frame-by-frame analysis of every time Grayson is involved in contact.

Yeah, it's coming. If you partake in a drinking game every time this comes up, you'll be passed out well before halftime.

OFC

Giles 14 Tatum 18, Jackson 10 ,Bolden 8 ,
Allen 14, Kennard 15 , Jeter 3 and Jones 6 pts.
Duke freshman step up big tonight scoring 50 points.
Capel plays more zone than usual.
88-86 Duke.

If you have FIOS, the game is on the MyTV channel, 506. Not sure about other providers and their Raycom affiliates.

Duke - Fight
FSU - Fight

Whoever fights harder wins. This is a test of this team's gumption.

Hopefully he doesn't give them any ammo.
At this point, I don't think the haters need any ammo. It's a feeding frenzy. If you look close enough for something, you will see it.

Can't believe ESPN didn't pick up this game. Some of the DirecTV packages will pickup the game on a local ACC Network affiliate. I'm fortunate enough to have that option tonight... didn't have it for the BC game, though.

I feel very confident that we lose this game tonight which makes me sad because then we know for sure that FSU will lose to UNC this weekend. But I just want to come away from this game with an answer in the middle (cough cough Bolden)

Frank Jackson comes out of nowhere and goes for 25. Grayson and Luke are rocks.
Duke 82
Free Shoes University 81

We need 2 or 3 of the 4 out of Grayson, Luke, Frank, Jayson to have good 3 point shooting nights to win. Not too bold of a statement but those 4 are the ones that can get good shots vs a long athletic team. Prefer Jayson to take less 3's and more mid range/drives.

Florida State will miss their fair share of shots, they will crash the boards hard, duke has to rebound well and make them pay for how hard they crash. I hope duke keeps running with grayson/frank leading the charge here to get the ball down the court and get good looks before their half court D sets up.

Vegas has the Noles' as a slight favorite(1.5 point to be exact). That makes me nervous, would feel much better if Duke was a slight favorite of 3 or 4. I've been wrong before, and will be again, but I'll take Noles in this one. We aren't quite ready yet. If this game was in 2 weeks we win.....but it's not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT