ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ELON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Finally! Hopefully everyone had a Merry Christmas, but it's time to kickoff the second half of the season and ultimately the conference season.

Tonight's game is our typical warm up game to get us rolling again headed into conference season. I fear it might be a rough second half (in terms of Duke expectations) without Amile. We are very, very thin in the front court with him out.

Elon shouldn't prove much of a contest tonight and I think we'll roll fairly easily. Tonight's game is slated for an 8pm est tip and will air on ESPNU HD.

Duke 88

Elon 62

GO DUKE!

Duke by a bunch! Hope Jeter looks a little better against weak competition!

OFC

Elon sometimes proves tougher than advertised, probably a first game up to the half and Duke comes out in the second and wins by 20.

Elon is my home town team located 5 minutes from my house. They gave us a pretty good game last year and a couple of weeks ago they made 18 3's in about 27 attempts so we'll have to keep our eyes on that. We need a blow out and I'm hoping Chase has his break out game tonight.

Duke 87
Elon 63

OFC

Last edited:
I think we start out a little rusty but roll later on and win by at least 20.

Duke 87
Elon 63

OFC

Like some have said Elon isn't a terrible team but we should be able to get a nice win here
Duke- 95
Elon- 77

It seems like the time between games goes by slow after a loss. Ready to see my team back in action tonight!

Duke:81
Elon:62

Let's Go Duke!!

Geez guys, I wish I could share your enthusiasm, and I certainly hope you are right, and it is that easy, but with this young team (and without Amile), I'm not so sure. Elon is ranked in the top 10 in the country in shooting 3's, and have a few more veterans than Duke has, not to account for the fact that are really looking forward to this game.
I'm right there with ya, and hope we blow their doors off. Grayson should be over the flu and hopefully Luke will continue to shoot better, and I think "K" will have the answer to slow down the 3's. Duke should win this one, and if they come out "guns-a-blazen", you may all be right. Time to take another step forward Chase!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
There is a lot of value in another opportunity to figure out how to play without Amile.

I've been waiting for this game for over a week now and woke up this morning really excited about the game tonight, sitting back with a snack in my recliner all by myself and enjoy a great win. Then I saw it. 6:00 p.m. ESPNU UNC vs. UNCG. 8:00 p. m. Go Spartans. ESPNU Duke v.s Elon. Only 2 hours between games. I doubt very seriously if we are going to see the entire Duke game. First of all there has never been a 2 hour game on ESPN with all the media time outs. Yes UNC should win their game by 60. But you know what's going to happen? UNC HOF Coach with all his wisdom will save all his time outs and use every daggum one of them during the last 5 minutes of the game to get Blue Steel into the game and to make sure the game doesn't end before 8:00 because he knows how much it irritates us. He's gonna do it guys because he's gonna read this post and gonna do it. :( OFC

This could be a tougher game that some expect. They are a veteran squad and shoot the ball well from beyond the arc...and they shoot a ton of them. One good sign though is that their 3 point defense is quite porous giving up almost 37 percent from 3 land. It looks like we'll probably get some good looks, just need to knock 'em down...and get out on their shooters.
Go Duke!!!

Duke 85
Elon 70

OFC

Just showed Jefferson with a caption under his name that said "out for season". Surely that is wrong?

I didn't see it say he was out for the season when it showed his name but I heard the announcers correct the onscreen graphic

Wow, you guys that picked Duke big know your stuff!! I really don't care if it is Elon, the kids are really looking good. Love the way they are sharing the ball. Chase still has a long way to go, but a game like this will really help him, especially if they keep him involved in the second half.
Now, let's finish this one like a team on a mission.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Wow, you guys that picked Duke big know your stuff!! I really don't care if it is Elon, the kids are really looking good. Love the way they are sharing the ball. Chase still has a long way to go, but a game like this will really help him, especially if they keep him involved in the second half.
Now, let's finish this one like a team on a mission.
Go Duke!!
JC-OFC
I almost predicted a larger margin of victory but changed my mind when I saw people talking about how good of a 3 point shooting team was

Let's have a second half like the first. Don't take the foot off the gas pedal. There is no reason we shouldn't score at least 110 unless Coach K pulls everyone early. Need to keep up the intensity both for the team and to keep the crowd intense also. OFC

Holy cow I was wrong about a close first half, just walked in and seen the score, hope this is a sign of this teams turnin point

I didn't ever think Duke would be up this much...but when you're scorching it changes everything. The big hope I had was how bad Elon's 3 point defense is...37% made 3's against them. That's unreal, and Duke has taken advantage of it.

OFC

DUKE: 94
ELON: 64

Spell it right or find a new board. Consider this your Christmas present warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys let's get that energy and intensity back. I don't expect another 70 point half but we need to step it up a little. OFC

Come on guys let's get that energy and intensity back. I don't expect another 70 point half but we need to step it up a little. OFC

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the bad thing about an incredible lead like that...the players have a tendency to let up.

Hopefully we get through this game injury free.

OFC

They're playing half as hard as they did in first half, going through the motions....still up by 30+

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT