ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CALIFORNIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

th

Haha! I was closer than I expected!

Great game by our Devils! And the offense really came alive after looking dead very early. On to Georgetown!

OFC

Dakich surprisingly wasn’t terrible tonight. Duke by 20 tomorrow night.

Reactions: GillJET
I just saw a post on the Duke Men’s Basketball Facebook page that said that Carey is the first NCAA freshman in 12 years with 31 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocks in a single game.

Dakich surprisingly wasn’t terrible tonight. Duke by 20 tomorrow night.

Yeah that was weird. He's usually pretty anti-Duke but he was fawning over the team tonight. Although I do think this will be a hard team for people to hate on.

When Dakich said early on "that would have been a foul in Cameron" I figured, here we go again. But he got side tracked on bad mouthing Paul George for some reason and was very complimentary to Duke the rest of the way. I think he genuinely likes the style of this team.

Of course, when asked what teams he thought could contend for the title, he forgot about Duke. Maybe that was because they are already ranked #1, don't know.

Yeah that was weird. He's usually pretty anti-Duke but he was fawning over the team tonight. Although I do think this will be a hard team for people to hate on.

Agree, usually he is unbearable to listen to but tonight I thought he was spot on with most of the commentary.

This is the “Put Foots in Everybody” Tour 2020. I love this team. The defense is just beautiful. These freshmen really get it on that side of the ball. That Vernon is something to behold. I remember media and scouts saying he wasn’t a good defender. What exactly were they looking at? He looks damn good to me. Everyone is contributing in their own way. And we play so hard. It’s just beautiful. It’s the opposite beautiful of Zion but it’s still beautiful

This is the “Put Foots in Everybody” Tour 2020. I love this team. The defense is just beautiful. These freshmen really get it on that side of the ball. That Vernon is something to behold. I remember media and scouts saying he wasn’t a good defender. What exactly were they looking at? He looks damn good to me. Everyone is contributing in their own way. And we play so hard. It’s just beautiful. It’s the opposite beautiful of Zion but it’s still beautiful
Yeah, I don't really get why the media was calling Vernon a poor defender. His defense last night was excellent. He was blocking everything in sight. Even better, I love how he goes straight up on defense when he the opposing player has him backed down. JAVIN NEVER EVER DOES THIS.

Vernon also had a sequence that was very ZIon-esque. He guarded a dude beyond the 3 point and put him in a cage, the guy couldn't do anything and then Vernon swatted his shot.

Yeah, I don't really get why the media was calling Vernon a poor defender. His defense last night was excellent. He was blocking everything in sight. Even better, I love how he goes straight up on defense when he the opposing player has him backed down. JAVIN NEVER EVER DOES THIS.

Vernon also had a sequence that was very ZIon-esque. He guarded a dude beyond the 3 point and put him in a cage, the guy couldn't do anything and then Vernon swatted his shot.

For sure. He was sensational on both ends of the floor last night.

Vernon stayed so steady in the post on defense. Timing his blocks perfectly and never losing his base. He was exceptional by any metrics or eye tests.

He built off another great game against Ga State. His hands were more secure and he never got flustered. He was simply a beast.

Dick-ahh was not to bad last night much to my surprise. Outside of the Paul George stuff, and the Cameron comment I thought he was tolerable. It is truly shocking!
Damn Duke looked good last night for the much of the game. Carey is really coming along nicely. What a body that kid has. Smooth stroke at the line as well

Go Duke

Reactions: Quavarius
My son text me right before the game and said “big Vern is gonna have a huge game against these children”. Haha he called it.

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT