ADVERTISEMENT

Conference schedule (trial by fire) and I love it

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
In both January and February, we will
play 8 ACC games. In January, we play 5 away and 3 home and in February we play 5 home and 3 away. What I love about the way our schedule sets up is our freshmen will have to grow up quickly and hopefully by the time February and March roll around, they will be more than prepared on how to handle hostile crowds and playing with adversity. I think by January, Lively and Whitehead will be more integrated into the offense and it will start to look better.

We’ve been spoiled by hitting our ceiling in November and December and now we have a chance to grow (through some growing pains) to hit our stride when it counts. I’m still optimistic about this team and I’m willing to go through the growing pains like I have with all of our young teams.

Last edited:
Are you saying our conference schedule is different than normal? I’m confused.
Huh? Is it always broken down like this? I’ve never paid attention to the breakdown of road/home games each month since the conference went to an unbalanced schedule.

Well we're gonna have to grow or we could be in the NIT lol. Esp. if we lose Wed. I think we will win Wed. But we were 13 and 11 2 years ago, and that was with K. I think we will get in but maybe be a 4 or 5 seed. The ACC is down this year, which helps, but also means not many chances for quality wins.

Last edited:
Well we're gonna have to grow or we could be in the NIT lol. Esp. if we lose Wed. I think we will win Wed. But we were 13 and 11 2 years ago, and that was with K. I think we will get in but maybe be a 5 seed.
I think it is wayyyyyyy too early to be projecting seeds. This Duke team just needs a win.

The ACC appears to be very much down-Louisville, FSU, and Syracuse are all very bad, and those are usually solid programs. UNC not the juggernaut that some thought. We need to finish top 3 in the ACC IMO, it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Reactions: Quavarius
I don’t see where the ACC is worst than it was last year. Last season, the ACC only got 4 teams into the tournament, and 3 of them made the Elite 8, and two of those 3 made the Final 4. I think the conference is stronger this year than last season. Remember, there weren’t many Top 25 opponents in the ACC last season.

Wake, NC State and Miami are decent. Virginia Tech as well. Louisville, Syracuse, and FSU are stinky.

I think FSU has injuries. They will get better. You know every year we look at the league as being weak and then they play like allstars when they play Duke.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I still stand by this which is why I’m not freaking out.

It's only a trial by fire if you get better. Our first two road tests have been disasters. Saturday is a good first step.

In both January and February, we will
play 8 ACC games. In January, we play 5 away and 3 home and in February we play 5 home and 3 away. What I love about the way our schedule sets up is our freshmen will have to grow up quickly and hopefully by the time February and March roll around, they will be more than prepared on how to handle hostile crowds and playing with adversity. I think by January, Lively and Whitehead will be more integrated into the offense and it will start to look better.

We’ve been spoiled by hitting our ceiling in November and December and now we have a chance to grow (through some growing pains) to hit our stride when it counts. I’m still optimistic about this team and I’m willing to go through the growing pains like I have with all of our young teams.
Not to toot my own horn, but ******TOOT TOOT MF******

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT