ADVERTISEMENT

Cassius Stanley

I hope if Alex does stay is that he becomes a much better defensive player. He's gonna be a junior and by that time he has to learn a little D but that goes for all Duke players.Goldwire worked on his D and picked up pt because of it. OFC

Reactions: truth321
Why would Alex need to play point? He’s a true Sg who has never really been leaned on for more then a supporting role coming off the bench.
Stanley is twenty. If His game was that much more refined then Alex’s he could opt for the league. I’ll hold my judgement until they hit the college floor and play against an opposing team. Alex hasn’t let anyone down but posters who think he should be at another level but maybe he’s adapted to being a role player and enjoying the college life like every 19 year old should.
Who’s to say K just doesn’t look at Alex as a situational type player. There’s a reason he was so successful with his shot against the orange. It was because they were watching the other known players on the floor.

I never really expected much from Alex honestly. I just figured he would be a 4 year player that might play as a senior. I’m saying Boogie would get PT regardless because he can spell Tre at the point. He’s Goldwire with a shot. He WILL play. Alex is fighting for minutes with Moore and Stanley. I don’t see him beating them out. Neither is offensively challenged and both can play really good defense

Lol yeah since tre hasn’t locked up 35 if those minutes

Weren’t people complaining about Tre playing too much in the regular season? Which one is it? Now he has someone to spell for him and you’re not happy about that because that means Alex won’t play. Come on now. Alex is the odd man out. I’m sure he’s a good kid but he’s just not better than the incoming players.

Reactions: skysdad
Weren’t people complaining about Tre playing too much in the regular season? Which one is it? Now he has someone to spell for him and you’re not happy about that because that means Alex won’t play. Come on now. Alex is the odd man out. I’m sure he’s a good kid but he’s just not better than the incoming players.

Dude how has K played his guys for 30+ years??

Well with the way history always repeats itself at Duke, one or more injuries are gonna take place and Alex will get time. I know he isnt Nolan or near as talented, but Nolan really struggled until his junior year, so I'm keeping hope alive for Alex. I know he grew up a Duke fan and really loves being there so I dont think he will leave.

Last edited:
I’d love to see tre get a little over 30 minutes a game during the regular season. Just to give him some time off and not wear him out over the year. Obviously down the stretch we’re gonna need him on the floor a lot but this year we shouldn’t hear from K too much that our players were fatigued. But we probably still will cause i don’t have faith that k will extend his rotation

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
I never really expected much from Alex honestly. I just figured he would be a 4 year player that might play as a senior. I’m saying Boogie would get PT regardless because he can spell Tre at the point. He’s Goldwire with a shot. He WILL play. Alex is fighting for minutes with Moore and Stanley. I don’t see him beating them out. Neither is offensively challenged and both can play really good defense
I really want to see these guys in a college game. Alex is a junior just not ready to give up on him. He has the skill much like Bolden but will they turn it up in the off season.

I am really glad to see some players coming in that can play both ways though.

I really want to see these guys in a college game. Alex is a junior just not ready to give up on him. He has the skill much like Bolden but will they turn it up in the off season.

I am really glad to see some players coming in that can play both ways though.

Yea but the only difference is Bolden is physically gifted. He has great length and good athleticism for his size. That has gotten him bu

I hope we get him, but only if he stays more than one year. We need development.

Kid can't shoot.
I know it is only 1 game but Cassius had 17 pts in 16 minutes yesterday.
5-11 FG, 2-5 threes , 4-4 FT and 2 assists.
Boogie 1-6 FG and 0-4 threes.
Moore had 4 pts.
I am greedy. Want all 3 of them.

Last edited:
If Stanley proves to be a good shooter/scorer, look for him to battle AOC to be the starter at the 2.

Line up of
Carey, Hurt, Moore, Stanley & Tre is solid.
Bench of Bolden, Javin, Jack, Alex offer upperclassmen experience, then figure out how to utilize Baker & Boogie

If Stanley proves to be a good shooter/scorer, look for him to battle AOC to be the starter at the 2.

Line up of
Carey, Hurt, Moore, Stanley & Tre is solid.
Bench of Bolden, Javin, Jack, Alex offer upperclassmen experience, then figure out how to utilize Baker & Boogie

And.....dont forget Jordan.... OFC

2 Centers Bolden and Carey
2 PFs Hurt and Javin
2 SF White and Baker
2 Wings/3rd Guard. Stanley and Moore
2 SGs Alex and Boogie
2 PGs Jones and Goldwire
1 Center/ PF Sub Robinson

Coaching staff will enjoy mixing and matching these pieces. This team has the potential to be very good. Don’t think we will see a lot of zone defenses.

2 PFs Hurt and Javin
2 SF White and Baker
2 SGs Alex and Boogie
2 PGs Jones and Goldwire

Coaching staff will enjoy mixing and matching these pieces. This team has the potential to be very good. Don’t think we will see a lot of zone defenses.

Robinson won't see the floor except in warmups and early season blowouts

I think the team practices will be very intense as several vie for PT.
Just hope Duke presses a lot this year. They will have the depth to wear teams down.

2 PFs Hurt and Javin
2 SF White and Baker
2 SGs Alex and Boogie
2 PGs Jones and Goldwire

If we don't see depth utilization from that ****ing roster we never will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT