ADVERTISEMENT

Schutt questions

That’s the same point so how is it changing ?
Both are the same weather someone is already injured or one gets injured . Why do you keep bringing up pgs I didn’t say anything about position I simply said guard !
Jon is looking for production from the back court from anyone not named Roach . And as clear as it has become the only thing Grandison has over Schutt at this point is experience at the college level nothing more point production, rebounding or defense wise . IMO, he should have been playing some of Grandisons minutes but to say he’s been practicing good enough for minutes NOW half way through the season enough to get on the court and not earlier is crazy . Your telling me if Whitehead doesn’t go down, Roach doesn’t have a reoccurring injury and Blakes doesn’t have a broken nose. We see Schutt on the court ?
So to answer your question if he’s been practicing so well he should get minutes against UNC right?
This is fun. There you go again, Shey. I said that Schutt was improving in practice, not that he was lighting it up in practice. Schutt could be improving from where he was back in November and still not be good enough to merit court time, except for minimal minutes to aid his development. So, to answer your question: "No. He should not play against the Cheaters unless the game is out of reach or unless Proctor, Blake, or Roach go down or if they get in foul trouble." In those situations Jon may have no choice but to play him because there would then be "nobody else". But those situations do not exist. My belief is that if we had had no injuries to Whitehead, Roach, and Blakes, Schutt would play, at most, the very limited developmental role he played against Wake, unless the game was a blowout as was GT. If what you say about Schutt compared to Grandison were correct, Jon would be giving him more of Grandison's minutes. That is not happening so far. Schutt has not yet shown himself to be a better player than Grandison in my opinion. All of that said, nothing would make me happier than for Jon to feel able to throw Schutt into the games for extended minutes; and the sooner that that happens, the better. OFC

I am not even sure what you guys are debating any more.
It’s the debate of Schutt. I look at it more as the Baker pulling his red shirt situation ( when injuries were piling up yet never really played). It has nothing to do with practice but everything about needing more fire power on the perimeter and getting him ready in case another bad injury.
No, I do not believe Grandison is better then Schutt but with this team you need some experience so you go with the fifth year senior . Everyone knows I’m not high on Grandison and won’t ever be . He would be the equivalent of what Joey Baker would have been on this team.Can shoot but don’t necessarily make them and attempts to play defense even though he can’t contain anyone . Deference is Schutt is a freshman and Grandison a grad transfer. Schutt has the more up side at this point where Grandison is what he is .

It’s the debate of Schutt. I look at it more as the Baker pulling his red shirt situation ( when injuries were piling up yet never really played). It has nothing to do with practice but everything about needing more fire power on the perimeter and getting him ready in case another bad injury.
No, I do not believe Grandison is better then Schutt but with this team you need some experience so you go with the fifth year senior . Everyone knows I’m not high on Grandison and won’t ever be . He would be the equivalent of what Joey Baker would have been on this team.Can shoot but don’t necessarily make them and attempts to play defense even though he can’t contain anyone . Deference is Schutt is a freshman and Grandison a grad transfer. Schutt has the more up side at this point where Grandison is what he is .
Of course, Schutt has the upside, like 3 more years hopefully. No way Schutt can outplay Grandison right now. If he could outplay Grandison, Schutt would be getting Grandison minutes. Doesn't mean that that by tournament time, the roles won't be switched. Hopefully, they will be. BTW, who has Schutt conained?

OFC

Of course, Schutt has the upside, like 3 more years hopefully. No way Schutt can outplay Grandison right now. If he could outplay Grandison, Schutt would be getting Grandison minutes. Doesn't mean that that by tournament time, the roles won't be switched. Hopefully, they will be. BTW, who has Schutt conained?

OFC
About the same amount of people as Grandison with less minutes . Lol

Reactions: Devilinside
My guess is Grandison could help the team more than Schutt at the moment. And we do need experience. But, Grandison needs to be more consistent and Schutt needs some minutes in non essential games. (I doubt Schutt sees the floor the next 3 games)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT