ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram

Just saw a clip of BI...wow..the kid is almost Anthony Davis/John Henson long...Anyone know what Ingram's wingspan is!?!?!

Coach-K-Excited-ohyeah-Dirty-Dance-gif.gif

OFC

Reactions: twdukefan
LMAO!!!!! :):D OAD, you never cease to amaze me!!!! Great job!
Don't know what happened, clicked the "like" button, it just turned to thumbs down, and said in the box "you like this", but wouldn't let me put my name in? What did I do wrong?
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
WOW...our defense could be nasty next year. I hear Thornton is a tenacious on the ball defender, and Jones and Allen are very good as well. Jefferson is also a great post defender/rebounder. Add in Ingram and Jeter's length. Plus Obi and Plumlee providing muscle underneath. Scary...

Reactions: Dattier
Don't know what happened, clicked the "like" button, it just turned to thumbs down, and said in the box "you like this", but wouldn't let me put my name in? What did I do wrong?
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC
Nothing. You did everything right. You don't have to enter your name in. To you, it says, "You like this." To the rest of us, it says, "JCColsCane likes this."

Reactions: skysdad
why are heels fans thinking that they are immediate contenders???...media????...the too early top 10????...they lose their best defender and most athletic player and don't address and shooting needs...yes guys will get better and they will be in the hunt, but favorites????

why are heels fans thinking that they are immediate contenders???...media????...the too early top 10????...they lose their best defender and most athletic player and don't address and shooting needs...yes guys will get better and they will be in the hunt, but favorites????

Well they did address their shooting needs...Luke Maye, top 100 recruit. In all seriousness, I liked how Ingram just got the announcement over with, compared to Harrison Barnes dragging it out only to skype with the Heels. That was annoying.

I don't think they'll be a great team like the top teams from last year (e.g., UK, Wisconsin, Duke, Arizona). But, in a down year for college b-ball, they are probably the most complete team out there -- or at least close to the best. They've got pretty good talent all over the court and they've got a ton of depth and experience everywhere. Marcus Paige gets healthier and Justin Jackson continues to emerge as a scoring as a threat (as he did last postseason), I think they become really tough. That frontcourt was already pretty good, but with another year of experience + in the weightroom -- they're going to be really tough to handle. As much as we mock UNC far pumping up guys like Meeks or Brice Johnson, reality is that in a year where there is nobody like Okafor / KAT / Kaminsky -- they probably will be two of the better big guys in college b-ball. Assuming Pinson's healthy, I think he pretty much offsets the impact of Tokoto's departure.

I don't think they compare at all to their great teams from 05 and 07-09, but they're going to be very good as long as they stay healthy. Obviously, let's not forget that Duke basically won the title in 09-10 after having a year that is pretty to comparable to UNC's performance last season (i.e., 9+ losses and a sweet 16 loss), and actually losing a player who was far more critical to our success (without adding any major new pieces).

Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I'm glad Neners got you straightened out, JCC!
And I'm happy that you (and many others) enjoyed the gif.

OFC

So now that our roster is pretty well set, here's the question... How will we fare against the Heels next season? I see us splitting (1-1) in the regular season.

We are kicking their asses, that's all they got B.

Good to be back posting more. I still have more to share on the Final Four experience. I'm gonna email you soon.
come on fellows the only reason that he is coming to us is that Roy wants Kenny Williams more than him.Just like he did not want Jah because he had Meeks

I bet we at least split, leaning towards sweep if things gel right.

I don't totally get it, either.

I don't even think they'll land Kenny Williams, UVA will be a great fit for him and I hear he loved his visit and the staff there. They are in a tight spot and people, John Riek ain't walkin' through that door !

I think it's mostly because they know what their team will look like next year and none of the other top teams really do. And make no mistake, they'll look decent in November and December. There has been very little turnover in their roster and their guys are used to playing together. I'll be interested, though, in seeing what happens when the teams with less experience but maybe a bit more talent start to come together. Preseason polls in the OAD era are a total and complete crapshoot.

I'm not sure if this one had been posted, but here is another mix-tape for BI.
He may be a stick, but he sure looks slick with the moves, and his shot. I've seen some comments that mentioned he was slow, and unathletic...but I'm not seeing that. Looks like a major player with a little experience...and perhaps a few added pounds.

OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
I hear ya Boogie, but if that's your basis then how does anyone take next season's Duke team serious? Sure, we have K and that's a nice trump card, but let me ask you this....what team other than UNC is better suited to make a run (based on what we know now)?

I dont know...its up in the air, anyone can win it, my comment was just wondering why "some" unc fans just believe that next seasons team is a sure fire winner after going 26-12...i do get that they are essentially returning everyone back minus JP now, but it just seems since the "too early top 10" poll, they have been crowned..;)

They will be good next season.They return a ton of players. But they have Roy Williams for a coach. So, it's a good possibility, they win some huge games, lose some horrible games, lose in the second round of the ACC tourney and get smacked in the sweet 16.

I hear ya Boogie, but if that's your basis then how does anyone take next season's Duke team serious? Sure, we have K and that's a nice trump card, but let me ask you this....what team other than UNC is better suited to make a run (based on what we know now)?
Michigan State, maybe Kansas or Arizona. UNC has to prove that it can finish games before I take them seriously as a title contender. I'm all for them being preseason #1 though cause those preseason polls mean absolutely nothing.

Best part of that vid? Seeing Stackhouse , Bullock and Steve Robinson scouting a future Blue Devil or K with that "I know something you don't know" crooked smile? lol. Oh and unx scares me nada. "They return a lot." And? That team went 12 and 9 down the stretch and were a jumpshot from going home on the first day to Harvard. They also went 4 and 6 in their last 10 regular season games. 3 of those wins? 2 vs bottom-feeder GTech and 1 against God-awful BC. Oh...and they got swept by Duke too...again. Their pre-season POY didn't even make 2nd team All-ACC. Look...while they showed flashes of being able to play with just about anybody they also showed flashes where they could LOSE to just about anybody too...and they did. If everyone stays healthy and has at least moderate improvement , they might make some noise. Thing is , the "default" position of unx fans is ALWAYS the same in this regard...."Our players improve demonstrably while everyone else's stay the same or get worse." IOW , no one can count on best case scenarios all the time...not even unx'ers even though they always do when evaluating tarhole players. Long story short , there's absolutely no basis for making that team a prohibitive favorite to win it all. Don't get me wrong. They stay healthy and who knows? But some of these prognostications are premature and totally outta wack to how they actually performed this past season.

So the crystal ball shows nc st at 85% for Dennis smith with us at 8 and in second.. What has happened for them to jump to a lead?? I thought we were in great shape

Best part of that vid? Seeing Stackhouse , Bullock and Steve Robinson scouting a future Blue Devil or K with that "I know something you don't know" crooked smile? lol. Oh and unx scares me nada. "They return a lot." And? That team went 12 and 9 down the stretch and were a jumpshot from going home on the first day to Harvard. They also went 4 and 6 in their last 10 regular season games. 3 of those wins? 2 vs bottom-feeder GTech and 1 against God-awful BC. Oh...and they got swept by Duke too...again. Their pre-season POY didn't even make 2nd team All-ACC. Look...while they showed flashes of being able to play with just about anybody they also showed flashes where they could LOSE to just about anybody too...and they did. If everyone stays healthy and has at least moderate improvement , they might make some noise. Thing is , the "default" position of unx fans is ALWAYS the same in this regard...."Our players improve demonstrably while everyone else's stay the same or get worse." IOW , no one can count on best case scenarios all the time...not even unx'ers even though they always do when evaluating tarhole players. Long story short , there's absolutely no basis for making that team a prohibitive favorite to win it all. Don't get me wrong. They stay healthy and who knows? But some of these prognostications are premature and totally outta wack to how they actually performed this past season.

i def agree with this!
unc has continuously failed to live up to expectations every year for the last 5 years and most of this is attributable to poor coaching as it seems ol roy has no clue what he is doing.

Add in the fact that they are losing their best defender and most athletic player (tokoto) without adding any true recruits. Paige needing surgery on his foot will definitely affect him the entire season and could see him having his worst year. Overall, the team does not have a winning mindset and ability to close out games which really can't change without some serious talent infusion and significant improvement in coaching (both of which aren't going to happen).

Come March I feel we'll be see them competing in the NIT probably against Kentucky!

Reactions: Heyman25
So the crystal ball shows nc st at 85% for Dennis smith with us at 8 and in second.. What has happened for them to jump to a lead?? I thought we were in great shape
Derrick Thornton happened. While he may be a OAD type player (Thornton) there is a belief he will be around to play with the guys that Duke may land in the 2016 class. All of ho he is friends with. Smith wants to play PG is was it said, well, he would have to share that with Thornton. I am not too sure that is what Smith will do, or should do for that matter. Smith is a heck of player.

Last edited:
Derrick Thornton happened. While he may be a OAD type player (Thornton) there is a belief he will be around to play with the guys that Duke may land in the 2016 class. All of ho he is friends with. Smith wants to play PG is was it said, well, he would have to share that with Thornton. I am not too sure that is what Smith will do, or should do for that matter. Smith is a hack of player.
What do you think of Tyus Battle coming in to potentially play with Thornton next year? I know Cuse has been heavily involved in his recruitment also

Cuse had a major punishment by NCAA they won't be able to land another top 5-star recruit for a long time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT