ADVERTISEMENT

Amile

It is ashamed that we have to pick between Jefferson and Bolden. I think Coach K should play more than 7-8 players per game and by doing that it will allow Giles, Jefferson and Bolden to all get good minutes. I don't think Giles will be 100% until ACC play so I would only play him about 20 minutes a game at the beginning that leaves Jefferson being able to play the PF with Bolden starting at C. As the year progresses make the necessary changes needed to win games. But we can have both players if Coach K calls Bolden and says, "You will get plenty of playing time"
Or he can play the best players and win as many as possible. If bolden is one of them, and I think he would be, he won't be on the bench. He will be a regular contributor. Same with any player.

Reactions: pisgah101
It is ashamed that we have to pick between Jefferson and Bolden. I think Coach K should play more than 7-8 players per game and by doing that it will allow Giles, Jefferson and Bolden to all get good minutes. I don't think Giles will be 100% until ACC play so I would only play him about 20 minutes a game at the beginning that leaves Jefferson being able to play the PF with Bolden starting at C. As the year progresses make the necessary changes needed to win games. But we can have both players if Coach K calls Bolden and says, "You will get plenty of playing time"

That's not the issue

What is the issue then? let bolden giles n Jefferson share the 4 n 5 position.
You said yourself that you don't think Harry will be 100% right away and can only go 20min. So you answered your own question that yeah they would share it. Additionally and more importantly bc Giles will play more than 20mpg is that each guy brings something completely different to the game and will have teams having to account for them in unique ways. Pretty awesome problem to have, because both open up things down low for Harry, who will arguably be the best player on the team. Certainly the most talented.

I'll be surprised if Harry isn't 100% by season start or at least 90 %

What is the issue then? let bolden giles n Jefferson share the 4 n 5 position.

If u were a player like these one and done types and u saw a senior in the spot you planned to come in and own from day one where would your mindset be with "sharing" the spot.. And if you were Jefferson someone who busted his tail for what would be then 5 seasons what would be your thoughts on "sharing" it as well??

DT has already made big strides imo. An off-season will do wonders for him, and I'd rather have him running things vs Allen, who rarely runs the point this year. The good news is there should be options, but I think DT will be very good next year.
I agree, it wasn't too long ago when guards that could drive were the achillies heal for Duke, with DT's defense that's not much of an issue.

If the 4-5 spots were manned by a combo of Bolden/Chase/Harry/Jefferson I would be completely stoked! That would allow Javin to develop and Tatum to stay at the 3. Then the back court would be Tatum, Matt, Luke, DT, Frank and Grayson if he stays. No chinks in that Armour except for youth.

If u were a player like these one and done types and u saw a senior in the spot you planned to come in and own from day one where would your mindset be with "sharing" the spot.. And if you were Jefferson someone who busted his tail for what would be then 5 seasons what would be your thoughts on "sharing" it as well??
Not being argumentative but if it is between us and UK I do not understand this logic.UK has many more bigs coming back than we do

Not being argumentative but if it is between us and UK I do not understand this logic.UK has many more bigs coming back than we do

Even tho UK fans and Cal preach the myth of the "platoon" besides Bolden is better than all the guys they have now in the front court.. Also a great source states we will get either Amile again or bolden.. Not both

I don't understand why Bolden can see we could start the season out as so (this is dependent on Grayson and anile coming back along with Bolden coming)

PG: Jackson
SG: Allen
SF: Tatum
PF: Giles
C: Bolden

Jones, kennard, and DT can sub in for the back court

Amile and Jeter the front court (I get Giles and Tatum will be the best 1-2 punch but think about the talent then can come in to give them a breather and not hurt us). In the front court K can do what he did in 2010 with Zoubs/LT and the Plumlees.
I know K likes to shorten his bench but next year doesn't seem like he will need too with the talent.

And I think Javin will surprise a lot of people!

What's going to happen today with Amile since it's senior day. OFC

What's going to happen today with Amile since it's senior day. OFC
I'm wondering the same thing. We'll he still be honored even though there's a pretty good chance that he's going to redshirt. I've got a friend that works at a kiosk at Southpoint Mall, a lot of Duke players hangout there in their free time and he's met most of the players on the team, so I asked him to see if he could find anything out if/when he sees Amile at Southpoint Mall again.

I don't understand why Bolden can see we could start the season out as so (this is dependent on Grayson and anile coming back along with Bolden coming)

PG: Jackson
SG: Allen
SF: Tatum
PF: Giles
C: Bolden

Jones, kennard, and DT can sub in for the back court

Amile and Jeter the front court (I get Giles and Tatum will be the best 1-2 punch but think about the talent then can come in to give them a breather and not hurt us). In the front court K can do what he did in 2010 with Zoubs/LT and the Plumlees.
I know K likes to shorten his bench but next year doesn't seem like he will need too with the talent.

And I think Javin will surprise a lot of people!

SMH, Jackson isn't starting over DT.

SMH, Jackson isn't starting over DT.

Ok then switch DT and Jackson. I like DT and I'm not as down on him as some people are... Jackson will come off the bench, but it doesn't change the point I'm trying to make in regards to playing Time

Ok then switch DT and Jackson. I like DT and I'm not as down on him as some people are... Jackson will come off the bench, but it doesn't change the point I'm trying to make in regards to playing Time

Gotcha. I've just gotten frustrated with some who are writing Frank in at the starting point next year. DT will grow this off-season!

I doubt Thornton gets any taller.

Is it guaranteed or really likely that amile would get a medical?

I saw on bleacher report that Amile will miss the rest of the season and apply for medical redshirt. Did anyone else see that?

Tough. Don't know how far we can go without him.

Giles and Amile in the backcourt together? Sheesh.

Having Matt and Amile next year really gonna provide a lot of leadership

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
Sucks for Amile but I think this kind of became apparent the last couple of weeks.

We've played almost three months without him....so it's no excuse.

I felt we would know today. Glad a decision is reached. Everyone needs to step up their game. Amile deserves a full senior season. OFC

Reactions: Dukesince90
K will play more than 8... if more than 8 earn it. No one is going to decide ahead of time how much PT Harry gets based on guessing whether he'll be ready or not. K will not and should not call and guarantee time to any recruit.

Well we will need his leadership next year, and I'm sure he will be hungry.

What about this season? Duke had a chance with Amile, because the field is weak. I thought his foot was healed, but he was still experiencing pain.....

He needs surgery so that's why he's done; no reason to make it worse by trying to fight through the pain.

Looking forward to seeing Amile play an entire season for his final year. He's been an absolute class act and you have to love players like him, Lance Thomas, Antonio Lang, etc. They are classic "glue guys" who play D on the other team's top offensive players, rebound, and do whatever it takes to win. Without Amile on the team last year there is no National title (regardless of how great the freshmen were).

Reactions: DukeDenver
So, to find an answer an earlier question. Was Amile given any recognition before the game?

Looking forward to seeing Amile play an entire season for his final year. He's been an absolute class act and you have to love players like him, Lance Thomas, Antonio Lang, etc. They are classic "glue guys" who play D on the other team's top offensive players, rebound, and do whatever it takes to win. Without Amile on the team last year there is no National title (regardless of how great the freshmen were).
That's like saying without grayson no title last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT