ADVERTISEMENT

‘92 Duke ranked among the best of the best in AP 75 year history

Bill Russell had 26 and 27 in the title game. Damn. My dad talks about the Bill Walton game where he was perfect from the field.

Walton was an amazing college player, one of the 5 best I ever saw. The others: Bob Lanier, Calvin Murphy, David Thompson, Bill Bradley. OK make that 6 since Laettner would have to be on that list.

I was lucky to be able to see guys growing up in MSG and then in college in the ACC.

Reactions: christophero
I saw a lot of Chris Mullin growing up. He was amazing. Ewing was the best defender I've ever seen. Pearl Washington was a great PG. The Big East was on TV a lot in NY. Ed Pinkney leading Nova to the title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liftee
I know people know who Larry Bird is, and the great career he had for Boston, but what he did at Indiana St shows how great he was. The Sycamores were irrelevant before him, and have basically been irrelevant since he was there in 1979. He singlehandedly led them to the title game against Magic and Michigan St.

Reactions: christophero
Bird originally signed with Indiana as you know, but got homesick and transferred. Knight probably hangs another banner or two if he keeps Bird. Bird almost quit basketball after leaving Indiana.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT