ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson

Anywhere but uk.....but my gut says that is where he is going. My gut is wrong sometimes though.....like when it said one more drink will be fine....I'll keep it down.....liar.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
I hope he surprises everyone and pulls a Kevin Knox chooses Duke because no one expects him to but if doesn’t then I hope it’s anyone but UNCheat or Kentucky. I hope it’s not UNC because I never want them to get good players (the only player that they got that didn’t really bother me was Isaiah Hicks and that was only because it was nice to see a kid from my neck of the woods get recruited by a big name school). I hope it’s not Kentucky because RR would have a complete meltdown (especially if he chooses Duke because he would be the third player that they’ve lost to us from the 2018 class that they really wanted and it would be totally entertaining to watch the aftermath.

If I lived in N.C., I would probably feel the same as you guys do, but living here, I have more despise for uk than unc. I completely get why its unc for you though.
Definitely hear what your saying. I’m sure those ky fans up there are just as idiotic as the cheat fans are here.

Probably did but too many $henanigan$ going on for for Honest Roy to get him
It was too much to overcome.

Joking aside, i know you’ve maintained that he would stay in state. Who knows what this kid ultimately does but i have never thought Duke and still believe it’s a UK vs Clemson battle- but hey if unc pulls it off, kudos to them. Will be fun to watch the UK meltdown and the many THR posters with their foot in their mouths.

Reactions: skysdad
It was too much to overcome.

Joking aside, i know you’ve maintained that he would stay in state. Who knows what this kid ultimately does but i have never thought Duke and still believe it’s a UK vs Clemson battle- but hey if unc pulls it off, kudos to them. Will be fun to watch the UK meltdown and the many THR posters with their foot in their mouths.
I learned a long time ago not to bet on decisions being made by teenagers.I will gladly take a double helping of crow with the feathers on if he would come here.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
I learned a long time ago not to bet on decisions being made by teenagers.I will gladly take a double helping of crow with the feathers on if he would come here.

Absolutely! I would be more than happy to help with the gristle and fat!!

Thugtucky fans were so sure Zion would sign with them early. I think the longer it goes the worst it gets for them. I predict Clemson or Duke!

First off I am a Kentucky fan, not a homer fan, as for Zion I think he ends up in the acc.

Zion announced he will sign in the Spring. So, will that silent verbal to Roy still be good then?

Sky any more from Nolan on Zion's recruitment since you saw him at The Skillet??

OFC[/QUOTE

I have no idea. All I know is what I read on the College Basketball Board from a tar heel fan saying Zion had given a silent verbal to hof coach roy williams and that was more than a week ago. Still don't know exactly what a silent verbal is. If Zion had given a silent verbal to hof coach roy williams and this tar heel fan heard about it then it is no longer silent. To be silent is when you hear nothing and verbal means that something is said and you hear it. I guess you could say however that it was done by sign language and the tar hear fan was there to see it and understands sign language. I don't know what else to say about it other than this is a silent post. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Haha... Yes dukiejay, handler$ will suffice... Especially while the recruit is playing in the AAU circuit. Thanks for reminding me.

Shenanigans is the more generic excuse. Like all handlers have shenanigans but not all shenanigans are from handlers.

Although there's nothing definitive out there, I think we can safely assume Zion winds up someplace else. That's ok. Our class looks pretty damn good without him.

Although there's nothing definitive out there, I think we can safely assume Zion winds up someplace else. That's ok. Our class looks pretty damn good without him.
I'm still not sure he would be a good fit for Duke. Is he a TEAM player or is he more concerned with making youtube highlight videos? That being said I'm sure K could put him to good use

I'm still not sure he would be a good fit for Duke. Is he a TEAM player or is he more concerned with making youtube highlight videos? That being said I'm sure K could put him to good use
Zion is a great kid from a great family.This comment is something I would expect from the U.K. Or Unc fan base when they miss on a recruit.We are better than that

Zion is a great kid from a great family.This comment is something I would expect from the U.K. Or Unc fan base when they miss on a recruit.We are better than that
Most important aspect on any recruit -- Come to Duke if you want to be a part of the Duke team. If a recruit goes elsewhere, then I am first happy for Duke, and second happy for the recruit.

How did we go from recruiting Zion so heavily to nothing now? Did he tell us he's not interested in coming since we have Barrett? I thought we were trying to sell him on the "super team" thing.

How did we go from recruiting Zion so heavily to nothing now? Did he tell us he's not interested in coming since we have Barrett? I thought we were trying to sell him on the "super team" thing.
We are still recruiting him.The staff saw him in the last week or so.Most think that he is not coming here

We are still recruiting him.The staff saw him in the last week or so.Most think that he is not coming here
I doubt any coaching staff has so much in the way of time and staff to waste them away. If we are still pursuing, then I suspect that Zion still likes what he is hearing.

It will be hard for him to ignore Bagley and Carter having a breakout year.

Zion might be thinking, like some players, that his one year in college might be best suited close to home in order for his family to be around. Clemson makes sense if that's the case.

Also, Kentucky, like Duke, does a good job of showcasing the one and done players prior to heading to the league. Have to admit, like him or not, Coach Cal is one of the 2 coaches in college basketball that can sell HS stud players that playing together in college will be a small sampling of what it could be like on an NBA roster.

I don't image Zion coming to Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT