ADVERTISEMENT

Your top ten most disliked unc cheater u tar heels.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I don't like the term hate. It's takes a lot for me to hate. Thought it might be interesting since it is off season. Despite the name of hansbrough on the thread we are discussing I believe it was tar heel generated.I think hansbrough was named just as a smoke screen. Here is my list. Who made yours. I have a couple of names that's pretty old school. Believe if you had saw Them play you would agree.

1. n'diaye . No question about it. Just a pure jerk whom dean smith recruited.
2. hairston. Just a pure waste.
3. hansbrough. Probably a lot of you guys #1 but should be everyone's top 3.
4. george karl. Had to give his1st name to those who don't know . Flopper innovator.
5. henson. Down by 30 and talks trash after a dunk. Give me a break.
6. barnes. It's all about the principle of the whole thing.
7. mcginnis. phil ford dislikes him also. Shot the crazies the bird while playing for mr. high standards.
8. berry. Thought he was just a pure jerk that was hiding well.
9. tom legarde. Another player back in the day. Cried just as much as he coach dean smith.
Tied for tenth.

10.green. Just didn't like him for no particular reason. #10 could have been any number of heels.
10. lang. Just a dufuss
10. o'koren. He was in love with yonaker.
10. yonaker he was in love with o'koren.
10. larry brown . How he didn't make the top ten I don't know.
10. sean may. Another waste.
10. sheed wallace. turd.
10. bobby frasor. prick.
10. will graves. On high demand as a baby sitter in chapel hill.
10. hubert davis. unc homer as a broadcaster and the cackle was annoying.
That's ten tied for ten. Could have been more. OFC

OFC

Last edited:
I don't like the term hate. It's takes a lot for me to hate. Thought it might be interesting since it is off season. Despite the name of hansbrough on the thread we are discussing I believe it was tar heel generated.I think hansbrough was named just as a smoke screen. Here is my list. Who made yours. I have a couple of names that's pretty old school. Believe if you had saw Them play you would agree.

1. n'diaye . No question about it. Just a pure jerk whom dean smith recruited.
2. hairston. Just a pure waste.
3. hansbrough. Probably a lot of you guys #1 but should be everyone's top 3.
4. george karl. Had to give his1st name to those who don't know . Flopper innovator.
5. henson. Down by 30 and talks trash after a dunk. Give me a break.
6. barnes. It's all about the principle of the whole thing.
7. mcginnis. phil ford dislikes him also. Shot the crazies the bird while playing for mr. high standards.
8. berry. Thought he was just a pure jerk that was hiding well.
9. tom legarde. Another player back in the day. Cried just as much as he coach dean smith.
10.green. Just didn't like him for no particular reason. #10 could have been any number of heels.

OFC

That's a damn good list. Not sure how much I can add.

I don't remember disliking Rasheed Wallace in college as much as I did when he was in the NBA so i guess I'd leave him off.

Reactions: germantondevil
Cant stand any of them. Especially dad gum Roy. But fwiw I went to the Acc barnstorming tour year the holes won it. Green and Paulus were both really nice to the high schoolers. Joking with them,slapping them on the back if they made a good play etc. Hanbrough on the other hand, acted like a complete ****head to them and took it way too serious. Oh..plus he traveled multiple times with no calls.

The thing about hanstravelflopsalotgetsfoulalot went to the NBA and didn't get away with traveling where everyone gets away with traveling. That's shows how bad he was. He walked his way through The ACC for years ( pun intended ). If he hadn't gotten all those calls, traveling, flopping, ghost fouls and getting by with fouls I often wonder what his career would have been? OFC

Still blows my mind how the refs could swallow their whistles when he touched the ball. Especially against Shelden Williams at Duke. Man would stand there with his arms straight up, soon as flopper made contact with him. *whistle blown* foul on Williams

^ I actually saw an ACC official quoted in an article a few years ago discussing the paucity of fouls called against the Cheats. I can't remember the exact verbiage but he essentially said they were a program that historically didn't foul much.

I almost fell out of my chair. Was/is he even remotely familiar with the concept of confirmation bias? Moreover, why in God's name would something like this not be explored and investigated, which ultimately resulted in acquiescence at best and implicit authorization at worst?

I wish I'd saved that article/link.

Dean Smith would be on the list for me. God rest his soul, but everyone outside the Duke family talks about Coach K and a million conspiracies at Duke. Well it was even worse when Dean was coaching UNCheat. You want to talk about getting calls, especially in Chapel Hell, man teams didn't even have a chance. I can still remember watching games that would leave you so frigging mad and Dean just walking off the court with that big ass grin because he knew the opposing team just got hosed. He was just as hated by opposing fans almost as much as Coach K is now. Of course now we know how he was landing so many first round draft picks back then but we didn't know how he was doing it back then. The thing with Dean is if there would have been suspicion on the AFAM classes when he was at the helm, there would not have even been any rumors of them being investigated, the story would have been turned on all the opposing schools and fan bases and how every one just hated the Cheats and was dreaming and fabricating a story such as that. Dean was untouchable in the day.

Dean Smith would be on the list for me. God rest his soul, but everyone outside the Duke family talks about Coach K and a million conspiracies at Duke. Well it was even worse when Dean was coaching UNCheat. You want to talk about getting calls, especially in Chapel Hell, man teams didn't even have a chance. I can still remember watching games that would leave you so frigging mad and Dean just walking off the court with that big ass grin because he knew the opposing team just got hosed. He was just as hated by opposing fans almost as much as Coach K is now. Of course now we know how he was landing so many first round draft picks back then but we didn't know how he was doing it back then. The thing with Dean is if there would have been suspicion on the AFAM classes when he was at the helm, there would not have even been any rumors of them being investigated, the story would have been turned on all the opposing schools and fan bases and how every one just hated the Cheats and was dreaming and fabricating a story such as that. Dean was untouchable in the day.

One reason Coach K is hated so much by the cheater nation is he wasn't intimadated by dean smith. He came to Duke to win and that included beating dean. Coach K started winning , unc won their share against Duke but nowhere near the rate before Coach K came. Then came the 1st two national championships and the hate just exploded. The nerve and adasity for Duke and Coach K to do that. Through the years other coaches had been competitive with him including Vic Bubas. Other coaches such as Lefty Driesell, Norman Sloan and South Carolina's Frank McGuire started beating dean . The unc fans really hated McQuire. Sloan won a natty and " Stormin Norman " was born. Lefty caught their rath also but none compares to Coach K. One thing I noticed that affirmed this is when
I first joined this board in 2006 there were quite a few tar heel fans posting here and quite a few of us posting at thr and for the most part it was cordial. It was 2001 since we won our last natty and even longer since they won theirs. Then they won in 2009 and the countenance of their post began to change. When we won in 2010 all hell broke loose and the thr bans began and their posters started getting banned.The Gerald Henderson hansbrough incident came and it hasn't been the same. Coach K passed dean and everyone else on the all time win list adding more hate fuel. If Coach Duke had stayed in our place just beating unc every now and then with maybe one natty then things would be different. Keep your eyes on Tony Bennett and UVA. They are where we around 1991. A few more wins over unc and another natty or two and Tony Bennett will be what Coach K is if not already. OFC

Don't be surprised if johnny tar heel swofford is the 1st NCAA czar. Think about that. OFC

Wouldn't be bit surprised, already has NCAA PREZ Mark Emmert in his pocket. Hate the heels??? I dont know where to start, i have pulled so long against their cheatin rears.Here goes my list-
-Larry Brown-talked a lot of junk as a player, and instigated a fight in a game vs Art Heyman and Duke early 60's. (Of course his coaching record is full of cheating antics.)
-Brice Johnson- the scowl made him appear permanently constipated.
-King Rice- what a little hot dog, who also abused women in his UNC days...
-J.R. "Can't Reid"- jerk who got arrested too in his day. If Danny Ferry despised him thats good enough for me.
-Mahktar N'djae or however its spelled- very dirty player, remembered for jumping on scorers table and taunting Duke fans after an ACC Title game. This was right in front of Duke play by play man Bob Harris who had to be restrained after lunging toward him.
-George Karl- hot dog guard in 70s, innovator of flop as Sky noted.
-Tyler Hanstravel-Had no business going up for a late dunk when UNC had the game won w/under a minute to go, and Gerald fouled him.Really an overgrown baby who got benefit of doubt on everything from missed travel calls to foul calls at UNC.
-PJ Hairston- obviously for a plethora of reasons too long to list....
-Rasheed Wallace- biggest whiner of all time, still in search of first personal foul.

And topping the list....
-Roy Williams- knew all about the cheating, did nothing to stop it, and merely embellished it! Tossing out a Presbyterian fan from the Dean Dome for yelling "Miss it Deion" took the cake. Never thought I could dislike a coach more than Dean Smith, but give credit to Roy for accomplishing that feat.Btw this jerk qualifies because he rode the bench as a player at the school from Chapel Hole. #RoyKnew

OFC

Last edited:
Hansbrough for sure. Wallace. I disliked Jamison but only cause he killed us on the boards. For 4 years it seemed we had no one that could match him.

I always kind of wanted to punch Bobby Frasor, aka fake Matt Damon. He actually seemed like a fine person, but that uniform and his try hard attitude are too tempting.

Last edited:
I always kind of wanted to punch Bobby Frasor, aka fake Matt Damon. He actually seemed like a fine person, but that uniform and his try hard attitude are too tempting.
Dante calebrea (sp) was the one I most wanted to punch in the throat,

I really find it hard to hate on competitive kids. I might not like all that they did, but we have had our fair share of competitive kids that were hated by rivals.

One reason Coach K is hated so much by the cheater nation is he wasn't intimadated by dean smith. He came to Duke to win and that included beating dean. Coach K started winning , unc won their share against Duke but nowhere near the rate before Coach K came. Then came the 1st two national championships and the hate just exploded. The nerve and adasity for Duke and Coach K to do that. Through the years other coaches had been competitive with him including Vic Bubas. Other coaches such as Lefty Driesell, Norman Sloan and South Carolina's Frank McGuire started beating dean . The unc fans really hated McQuire. Sloan won a natty and " Stormin Norman " was born. Lefty caught their rath also but none compares to Coach K. One thing I noticed that affirmed this is when
I first joined this board in 2006 there were quite a few tar heel fans posting here and quite a few of us posting at thr and for the most part it was cordial. It was 2001 since we won our last natty and even longer since they won theirs. Then they won in 2009 and the countenance of their post began to change. When we won in 2010 all hell broke loose and the thr bans began and their posters started getting banned.The Gerald Henderson hansbrough incident came and it hasn't been the same. Coach K passed dean and everyone else on the all time win list adding more hate fuel. If Coach Duke had stayed in our place just beating unc every now and then with maybe one natty then things would be different. Keep your eyes on Tony Bennett and UVA. They are where we around 1991. A few more wins over unc and another natty or two and Tony Bennett will be what Coach K is if not already. OFC

'91 FF with UNC losing a game they should have won, Dean gets tossed(LOL), Duke beats an insane UNLV squad then Kansas with Roy. That weekend alone sent the Heels spiraling. '92 with Laettner sent them over the edge.

Heels fans were personally offended that Duke had thrown UNC off the ACC perch. How dare those northern elitists win like us.

If Bennett wins 5 titles good for him. I sure as hell won't conjure up conspiracies in a pathetic attempt to discredit UVA's success.

Wuffies have even more reasons to hate the Rams than you do.
Wuffies hate Rams with a vengence:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT