ADVERTISEMENT

What was the name of the unc recruit

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
several years ago that decommited and hof coach roy williams blasted him publicly and in hs book? OFC

I remember that. I believe he ended up at Michigan but could be wrong. A used car salesman for sure

Roe it was. Man, I never would have remembered his name.

Roe’s father was none to happy with Ole Roy. He had made his visit without any family members, and Roe’s dad says he was pressured hard by Roy and UNC to commit on the visit. So he did. Roy tore down the kid pretty good when he de-commited.

Roe was a solid, but unspectacular player at Michigan State....mostly due to injuries. The young man suffered multiple, major knee injuries that ultimately it ended his career before his eligibility at MSU was even up. Today he’s a pretty talented actor.

Roe’s father was none to happy with Ole Roy. He had made his visit without any family members, and Roe’s dad says he was pressured hard by Roy and UNC to commit on the visit. So he did. Roy tore down the kid pretty good when he de-commited.

Roe was a solid, but unspectacular player at Michigan State....mostly due to injuries. The young man suffered multiple, major knee injuries that ultimately it ended his career before his eligibility at MSU was even up. Today he’s a pretty talented actor.

If you look it up hof coach roy williams was pretty tough on Roe publicaly and in his book. "Hard Work: A Day on and Off the Court." This along with his involvement in the academic scandal denying no knowledge even though his first natty team had half his roster majoring in AFAM and the whining about the investigation screwing his recruiting of 5 star players shows me his true character and why I have no respect for him no matter how many wins he has at ku and unc. He's a crook that should have been a snake oil salesman. OFC

Sky we'll always live rent free in their heads. Their obsessed with us....SMH

OFC

I just don't get it hart. They just can't help sticking their noses's wherevit doesn't belong. hof coach roy williams goes our publically and in a book that he knows every tar heel fan living is gonna buy and takes shot a a 18 - 19 year old kid because he doesn't get his way. That is so childish and selfish. Then he retires and is so pitiful about he just can't take the way college players have become by transferring and able to play right away. He forgot that he opened the gate by getting cam johnson from an ACC conference school and play the next season without sitting out a season. That was just fine and dandy. How hypocritical is that? Now he's retiring. Poor , poor pitiful me and now we get a couple of cheater u trolls that feel necessary to creep over here to let us know that even though Roe went to MSU they got ed davis ( a one and done) in that helped them win a natty. What a bunch of arrogant and entitled group they all are including hof coach roy williams who if not already a thr troll will be one because he is and was a tar heel fan before a coach and acted as such but that's fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't carry a foot wedge in his golf bag. Those two trolls will be back with another stupid post. I will try hard to ignore them. They and others like them don't belong here. My apologies to ged. I'm in rare form right now. I also sincerely hope hof caoch roy williams is not in bad or poor health. Wouldn't wish that on no one. Although he has one a lot of games and you have to be a very good coach to do that doesn't make me respect him. I apologize to my DI friends here for this deepsouth like post but sometimes you just gotta let it out. OFC

Last edited:
Skysdad, you know that I'am a UNC fan & I never come here to brag about UNC & I do post good remarks about Duke. OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Skysdad, you know that I'am a UNC fan & I never come here to brag about UNC & I do post good remarks about Duke. OFC

I'm not referring to posters like yourself. CarolinaBlue5 only posted to troll. If I or anyone else could have went over to thr and trolled with something similar instant ban. He and others like him know they can come here and get by with it. He says he reads over here often. Why? I have family and goid freinds that are tar heel fans but heel fans like CarolinaBlue5 are smart asses who hide behind a keyboard. There are Duke fans like him also and I know of some. Not happy they are Duke fans. If you are going to your rivals discussion board act like you are a guest and make sensible post that can be discussed in a civil way. I have no problem and it used to be that way back when I joined the board. We could do that but along about 2010 things changed. I wonder why? You are fine RHFD. No problem. But you brought up a reason for being the way I am. Now CarolinaBlue5 will have another reply I'm sure. He just wants to irritate me but that's him. I just he would go away but sooner or later he will make than one post and he then can go back to his home board after being banned and tell that board a POS I am. OFC

Last edited:
I just don't get it hart. They just can't help sticking their noses's wherevit doesn't belong. hof coach roy williams goes our publically and in a book that he knows every tar heel fan living is gonna buy and takes shot a a 18 - 19 year old kid because he doesn't get his way. That is so childish and selfish. Then he retires and is so pitiful about he just can't take the way college players have become by transferring and able to play right away. He forgot that he opened the gate by getting cam johnson from an ACC conference school and play the next season without sitting out a season. That was just fine and dandy. How hypocritical is that? Now he's retiring. Poor , poor pitiful me and now we get a couple of cheater u trolls that feel necessary to creep over here to let us know that even though Roe went to MSU they got ed davis ( a one and done) in that helped them win a natty. What a bunch of arrogant and entitled group they all are including hof coach roy williams who if not already a thr troll will be one because he is and was a tar heel fan before a coach and acted as such but that's fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't carry a foot wedge in his golf bag. Those two trolls will be back with another stupid post. I will try hard to ignore them. They and others like them don't belong here. My apologies to ged. I'm in rare form right now. I also sincerely hope hof caoch roy williams is not in bad or poor health. Wouldn't wish that on no one. Although he has one a lot of games and you have to be a very good coach to do that doesn't make me respect him. I apologize to my DI friends here for this deepsouth like post but sometimes you just gotta let it out. OFC

Sky it all goes back to our marvelous and UNPRECEDENTED success in college hoops under Coach K. Sure, Roy's won 3 nattys (at least two under highly questionable means) but it burns Heel fans a new one every time they think of K winning FIVE. They're obsessed with us as I mentioned earlier. That's what brings 'em over to our board. (Like you I have great respect for ged, and if I knew him I am sure we would be friends.)However, the trolls that come over and poke are a sad, sad bunch that must lead pitiful lives.

As far as your comments on Roy, amen. The irony of him working ex-commissioner John Swofford(well that wasnt tough of course), and orchestrating the Cam Johnson in-league transfer is amazing. Fast forward to now- he LOSES perhaps his best player next year in Kessler to transfer and poor little ol Roy grabs his toys and runs home. Sky, here's your bottom line: No way in the world Roy leaves if Kessler and Sharp return! He begged Sharp to stay, yet he declared for NBA and suddenly Roy leaves. From the academic scandal to his resignation to the remarks on the kid Roe, Roy will always be a lying cheater with a couple tainted nattys.
#RoyKnew

OFC

If you look it up hof coach roy williams was pretty tough on Roe publicaly and in his book. "Hard Work: A Day on and Off the Court." This along with his involvement in the academic scandal denying no knowledge even though his first natty team had half his roster majoring in AFAM and the whining about the investigation screwing his recruiting of 5 star players shows me his true character and why I have no respect for him no matter how many wins he has at ku and unc. He's a crook that should have been a snake oil salesman. OFC
Agree totally Roy would have got his butt kicked if he mouthed off to his son in person rather than on the phone

Reactions: skysdad
Sky it all goes back to our marvelous and UNPRECEDENTED success in college hoops under Coach K. Sure, Roy's won 3 nattys (at least two under highly questionable means) but it burns Heel fans a new one every time they think of K winning FIVE. They're obsessed with us as I mentioned earlier. That's what brings 'em over to our board. (Like you I have great respect for ged, and if I knew him I am sure we would be friends.)However, the trolls that come over and poke are a sad, sad bunch that must lead pitiful lives.

As far as your comments on Roy, amen. The irony of him working ex-commissioner John Swofford(well that wasnt tough of course), and orchestrating the Cam Johnson in-league transfer is amazing. Fast forward to now- he LOSES perhaps his best player next year in Kessler to transfer and poor little ol Roy grabs his toys and runs home. Sky, here's your bottom line: No way in the world Roy leaves if Kessler and Sharp return! He begged Sharp to stay, yet he declared for NBA and suddenly Roy leaves. From the academic scandal to his resignation to the remarks on the kid Roe, Roy will always be a lying cheater with a couple tainted nattys.
#RoyKnew

OFC
Learned it from his pos mentor Dean

I am grateful to be a member of this board for 16 years now. I have made many ,many friends through those years talking about Duke basketball, having fun, laughing, playing the trivia games, winning championships both ACC and Natty's, poking fun at hof coach roy williams and meeting several of you in person. But I am also grateful that I have a board to go to and post on that I don't have to deal with Uk or cheater u trolls like CarolinaBlue 5. I've had my say and will end it with that. OFC

I am grateful to be a member of this board for 16 years now. I have made many ,many friends through those years talking about Duke basketball, having fun, laughing, playing the trivia games, winning championships both ACC and Natty's, poking fun at hof coach roy williams and meeting several of you in person. But I am also grateful that I have a board to go to and post on that I don't have to deal with Uk or cheater u trolls like CarolinaBlue 5. I've had my say and will end it with that. OFC

You're one of the posters that brought me back to the board, Sky! Never stop being you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT