ADVERTISEMENT

What podcasts do you listen to?

The Bill Simmons Podcast is the best sports podcast on the market, IMO, if you're an NBA/NFL fan, it's for you.

Honestly..the whole Ringer Network has some great ones: The JJ Redick Podcast is actually really good on there. JJ definitely has a future in sports media.

Pardon My Take is alright.

Tobacco Road is good during the college basketball season, Gerald Henderson and HansTravel (not horrible on a podcast) do it together.

House of Carbs if you're interested in a food podcast.

Reactions: DukeDenver
My strategy is to sort by most popular and try some out. I have settled in on ~10 subscriptions. Bill Simmons, The Ringer NBA, CBS Eye on CBB, and JJ’s for sports

Revisionist History (I don’t always agree with him, but interesting), Stuff You Should Know (been listening to these guys forever), Planet Money, The Indicator, The Moth (have teared up to some of these), In the Dark, Hardcore History

Last edited:
Just sort by most popular and try some out. I have settled in on ~10 subscriptions. Bill Simmons, The Ringer NBA, CBS Eye on CBB, and JJ’s for sports

Revisionist History (I don’t always agree with him, but interesting), Stuff You Should Know (been listening to these guys forever), Planet Money, The Indicator, The Moth (have teared up to some of these), In the Dark, Hardcore History
I have some I do listen to (in fact, Revisionist History and Planet Money are among them). Sort by most popular has been my strategy for finding new ones. I thought I'd put it out there for recommendations from the board.

S-Town is amazing. Believe it has won many awards.
It's a murder mystery podcast.

I listen to a lot of real estate related podcasts. Whenever we're traveling, my wife will put on crime related podcasts.

RE related, BiggerPockets is a good general one. There are others that are more specialized, like for multifamily, but probably not worth mentioning unless you're very interested in the topic.

Crime related, we've gone through Serial, S-Town, and In The Dark, to name a few. I'd recommend all three of those.

Reactions: dukiejay
Which one's, if you don't mind me asking?

BiggerPockets will probably always be my favorite, just because it opened my eyes to a lot of different niches. Just know that it does get repetitive and after you have a baseline knowledge, it won't be as helpful. That said, I probably pick something up from every episode that I'm able to use. This is a weekly podcast, about an hour long.

Another good one is Joe Fairless'. This one focuses more on multifamily investing, since that's what Joe does. I like it because it happens to be what I'm focused on right now. It's a daily podcast, but only 15-20 minutes per episode.

I also like The Real Estate Guys. They bounce around to a lot of different niches. I like it because they also go higher level, and look at macroeconomic trends. This is another weekly one, about an hour long.

Have any RE podcasts that you recommend?

Reactions: dukiejay
I forgot to mention two others I listen to regularly:

How I Built This
and
TED Radio Hour

BiggerPockets will probably always be my favorite, just because it opened my eyes to a lot of different niches. Just know that it does get repetitive and after you have a baseline knowledge, it won't be as helpful. That said, I probably pick something up from every episode that I'm able to use. This is a weekly podcast, about an hour long.

Another good one is Joe Fairless'. This one focuses more on multifamily investing, since that's what Joe does. I like it because it happens to be what I'm focused on right now. It's a daily podcast, but only 15-20 minutes per episode.

I also like The Real Estate Guys. They bounce around to a lot of different niches. I like it because they also go higher level, and look at macroeconomic trends. This is another weekly one, about an hour long.

Have any RE podcasts that you recommend?

I also sometimes listen to BiggerPockets. Like TED, as well. I’ll check out some of the others you listed.

Try WaterCooler. It combines real estate and inbound marketing, if that makes sense.

I’m relatively new to the game —the last few years, to be specific — but I’m trying to constantly learn.

Thanks for the podcast tips.

Does Fox News on the radio count?
I heard of podcasts, but don't know what exactly it is too.

The Duke Basketball Report podcast is pretty great. They don’t do as many during this time of the year but during the season they are posting one or more episodes a week. They often have former players and coaches as guests and sometimes are at the games with postgame interviews as well.

Lore is also good if you like weird creepy stories about the history of different things.

I like True Crime so I listen to “Sword and Scale” for a more serious vibe.
Last Podcast On The Left covers the same subjects, but the guys are clowns and it takes a half episode to get used to them. Both are very interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT