ADVERTISEMENT

We know some day it will come to an end.

Stevens is the dream. Had to get that pipe dream out of the way.

Hurley is my realistic pick. I think he’s mentally tough enough, he’s learned under two of the greatest basketball coaches in the history of the game in his Dad Bobby Hurley Sr and K. He’s worked his way up through the ranks like K did. But the mental toughness is what’s going to be the most important attribute needed for whomever replaces K. Oh and he’s from New Jersey ;)

Reactions: skysdad
Whoever it is I feel will be the most scrutinized coach ever. Replacing K is not the job someone will want, the job you want will be the one replacing the one who replaced K.

Reactions: skysdad
Hurley would be my first choice.....but for some reason. I don't see him as a top 2 or 3 candidate

Is Gary-7 a viable option along with his mafia/nba scouts s assistant coaches?
You know guru gary - 7 has gone of connections. He must be some kind of scout because I understand he gets to see all the top high school prospects in person. OFC

Does Brad Stevens have any connections with Duke or is it just a high hope kind of thing?

I’d say Capel, Hurley, or Schyer.

I'd say it's high hope. Although, there are people in the know who say Stevens has said there are two jobs in college that he'd consider....Duke, and then some school eight miles down the road. Whether or not that's true, I don't know. I'd say the chances Stevens is the next Duke coach are less than five percent.

Reactions: Duke937 and skysdad
Why does some of the Duke fans think that Duke will pull Brad Stevens from Boston, if Boston is successful this year and it looks like they will be, He will not go anywhere especially after Boston throws that contract extension with so many 0's behind it you cant count them.

I want Stevens as bad as anyone, but the Celtics are set up for 10+ years of championship contention. Duke's best chance at getting Stevens was to hope that his NBA stint was "Pitino-like."
Stevens made the Celtics good without even having elite talent, now he has an incredbile roster. Them getting Tatum was probably the nail in the coffin (ironically a Duke guy is gonna prevent us from having any shot at Stevens.)

I would be a little surprised if Stevens ever coaches college ball again....I could be wrong of course, but that's my thinking right now

I don’t think any Duke fans think Duke would be able to pull Stevens from the Celtics if their successful.

I think most people understand that the NBA game is very fickle. You’re great one day and nothing the next.

I think most understand that it would most likely have to be a situation where Stevens wasn’t getting the job done.

Prior to this year, I think most feel Stevens has overachieved but now he is having to deal with something he hadn’t had to deal with up to now.

Expectations

Anything less than getting to the finals is a failure this year.

I’m a Celtic fan to the core. But I can’t lie. I would be ok with the Celtics falling short for a couple years if it meant Stevens ends up at Duke and then the Celtics bring in another coach to get over the hump.

I think Stevens is the only coach in the land that could allow for the most painless transition from K. That’s just my opinion. Listen Duke is going to miss K no matter who it is. That’s the bottom line but I rather miss K and keep winning as opposed to having to give some poor guy who has never accomplished anything TIME to get it right.

Reactions: Duke937
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT