ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to cut out the bull crap and get back to Duke B.B

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Coach K is not going to be our coach forever. Who's it gonna be. I think it will be one of these . Tommy Amaker, Johnny Dawkins, Quinn Snyder, Jay Bilas, Bobby Hurley, Christian Laettner, Grant Hill, Jeff Capel, Shane Battier, JJ Redick, Nolan Smith, Nate James, Chris Carrawell, Mike Brey, that FTB guy. I don't know his real name, someone who hasn't even came to Duke yet or if he comes from outside the Duke family Brad Stevens. I really think it will come from this group. We got to get serious about this. We all have just become way too comfortable with Coach K and are just turning a blind eye as to the fact that he will someday retire in a few years. I know it's not a topic we care to discuss but we need to grow up and face the music. OFC

Coach K is not going to be our coach forever. Who's it gonna be. I think it will be one of these . Tommy Amaker, Johnny Dawkins, Quinn Snyder, Jay Bilas, Bobby Hurley, Christian Laettner, Grant Hill, Jeff Capel, Shane Battier, JJ Redick, Nolan Smith, Nate James, Chris Carrawell, Mike Brey, that FTB guy. I don't know his real name, someone who hasn't even came to Duke yet or if he comes from outside the Duke family Brad Stevens. I really think it will come from this group. We got to get serious about this. We all have just become way too comfortable with Coach K and are just turning a blind eye as to the fact that he will someday retire in a few years. I know it's not a topic we care to discuss but we need to grow up and face the music. OFC

Pisgah did you give Sky permission to start this thread??? Lol, OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Sky I laugh every time you start this thread. Gets me every time.

But here's a serious question: at what point do recruits start questioning who will be the coach by the time they get here? Probably they do now. I bet K's answer is, it will be me or someone close to me who will keep the program going the same way I run it. What else can he say, that it will be a nationwide search? That wouldn't be very comforting to someone in let's say the class of 2022.

Coach K is not going to be our coach forever. Who's it gonna be. I think it will be one of these . Tommy Amaker, Johnny Dawkins, Quinn Snyder, Jay Bilas, Bobby Hurley, Christian Laettner, Grant Hill, Jeff Capel, Shane Battier, JJ Redick, Nolan Smith, Jon Scheyer,Nate James, Chris Carrawell, Mike Brey, that FTB guy. I don't know his real name, someone who hasn't even came to Duke yet or if he comes from outside the Duke family Brad Stevens. I really think it will come from this group. We got to get serious about this. We all have just become way too comfortable with Coach K and are just turning a blind eye as to the fact that he will someday retire in a few years. I know it's not a topic we care to discuss but we need to grow up and face the music. OFC

I honestly never understood limiting yourself to a "Duke guy." You get the best guy possible. You can have Duke assistants for continuity. Billy Donovan or Stevens. Coach K was not a Duke guy before he started.

Reactions: topps coach
I think most everyone would have Brad Stevens as the number one replacement for coach K.I also think Duke would be his first choice if he was to return to College Basketball.Hopefully he will be available when K decides to retire,if not there are a lot of other great candidates.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT