ADVERTISEMENT

Watching UVA-VT game.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
UVA's defense reminds me so much of Duke's man to man in past years. It is intense and they help each other out all the time. There has to be a lot of communication going on. On another note as of right now Jalin Hudson hasn't scored one point. We have a way of waking non-factor players into having career games on us. Just witnessed a double block at them rim by two UVA players. DEFENSE. OFC

Easy to play defense like that when you can grab, hold and do whatever you want. If the game is called like it should be, they wouldn't get away with it. Duke still plays defense like you had to back in the day. The times have changed where you can mug guys. But K isn't going to teach that because that is not the way basketball should be played. And he knows it.

Originally posted by GTHC, GTH!:
Easy to play defense like that when you can grab, hold and do whatever you want. If the game is called like it should be, they wouldn't get away with it. Duke still plays defense like you had to back in the day. The times have changed where you can mug guys. But K isn't going to teach that because that is not the way basketball should be played. And he knows it.
That's hogwash. UVA is a great defensive team. Great! We're not. It has nothing to do with the refs or style of play. Heck, Duke teams have been just as guilty of hand-checking throughout the years....problem is, we don't even do that well anymore.

I would take UVAs defense any day of the week. They work hard!

Originally posted by dukiejay:

Originally posted by GTHC, GTH!:
That's hogwash. UVA is a great defensive team. Great! We're not. It has nothing to do with the refs or style of play. Heck, Duke teams have been just as guilty of hand-checking throughout the years....problem is, we don't even do that well anymore.

I would take UVAs defense any day of the week. They work hard!
Like I said UVA plays man to man the way we used to. They do a lot of things the way we used to. OFC

Appreciate the honesty in this thread. It would be very refreshing to play Defense like that. And they play it the right way.

As for they don't play offense like us? Defense wins championships son.

Originally posted by crazyduke3:
Appreciate the honesty in this thread. It would be very refreshing to play Defense like that. And they play it the right way.

As for they don't play offense like us? Defense wins championships son.
This is true. I am impressed more with UVA's D than Kentucky's. I would love to have their consistency from D. Of course, on the other side of that I would say that they might would like to have our consistency from the offensive side of things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT