ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Top 10 Players This Decade

Something tells me UK fans gonna love the ranking of Zion over AD.........
tenor.gif

In all fairness of all the players hof coach roy williams held back who could have been top 50 NBA players of all time. harrison barnes, p.j. haiston, kendall "butter" marshall,james michael mcadoo, kennedy meeks, marcus paige, big luke maye, ty zeller, joel berry, jon henson, j.p. tokoto, reggie bullock, isaiah hicks, theo pinson, kenny williams, cam johnson, seventh woods, jalek felton, easy ed davis and dexter strickland. I don't know a whole lot about the cheater basketball players and understand they probably have a lot more if hof coach roy williams had let them loose. If any of you tar heel lurkers have any to add please feel free to do so. Even though I'may a die hard Duke fan I believe credit should be given to where credit is due so please you hearty and knowledgeable heel fans set the record straight. OFC

I know this won't be popular but objectively speaking, I don't see how you rank Zion ahead of AD and even Kemba. Those guys were unreal and won national titles.

I know this won't be popular but objectively speaking, I don't see how you rank Zion ahead of AD and even Kemba. Those guys were unreal and won national titles.

It’s a fair arguement, but being honest, those two guarding each other, I think Zion scores on AD at will. I’m my opinion, he is quicker, more agile, better handles, a quicker first step and better leaper. AD was a GREAT player, but I believe Zion is better. As far as Kemba, it’s hard to compare to guys who play such a different position. Kemba was definitely a hell of a player though

Reactions: Quavarius

The criteria wasn’t more accomplished. It was the best player that defined the decade and Zion dwarfs both of them. If it was about most accomplished, then Kemba and AD would be tops. I would put Kemba over AD because of the lack of talent surrounding him AND winning a title.

Thanks @TheDude1 for the stats

Zion: 23 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks per game on 68% shooting, 41 PER (1st all time)

Davis: 14 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 5 blocks per game on 62% shooting, 35 PER (9th all time)

But you forgot the most important stat....he wore a ky Jersey.......so

If we keeping it real it’s actually Zion then Kyrie as the two best players in this decade.

You would have us believe there are TWO players better than he who IS A.D.???? Surely you jest!! That just simply CANT be true!! I know!! Because I hear it 3 times a day!
:D:D:D:D:D

You would have us believe there are TWO players better than he who IS A.D.???? Surely you jest!! That just simply CANT be true!! I know!! Because I hear it 3 times a day!
:D:D:D:D:D
Kyrie if he played the whole season would've probavly been #1 over Zion. AD was great but offensively he was so raw and he was like the 5th option

Reactions: Quavarius
Kyrie if he played the whole season would've probavly been #1 over Zion. AD was great but offensively he was so raw and he was like the 5th option

I’m not disagreeing with you.... I’m being sarcastic about A.D. and the way people here think he makes MJ and LJ look like rookies!!

Reactions: jwill133

Kyrie didn't play the whole season, though. He played 11 impressive games, but that's it. And for that reason, he's probably not in the top 100....as weird as that sounds.

Anthony Davis, despite his being a little raw offensively in college, is deserving of the #2 spot. One could argue he's #1, but I prefer Zion. AD, like Zion, had the ability to completely change a game. And he did it with his defense. He owned the lane in the college. I'm not sure we've seen that kind of defensive player since a guy named Sampson.

Reactions: DukefanKY
No denying Davis was a great college player. Would have loved to had him at Duke, but I’ll take Zion over him all day. Zion was a great shot blocker, and in my opinion, not just better, but much better than Davis offensively

Kyrie didn't play the whole season, though. He played 11 impressive games, but that's it. And for that reason, he's probably not in the top 100....as weird as that sounds.

Anthony Davis, despite his being a little raw offensively in college, is deserving of the #2 spot. One could argue he's #1, but I prefer Zion. AD, like Zion, had the ability to completely change a game. And he did it with his defense. He owned the lane in the college. I'm not sure we've seen that kind of defensive player since a guy named Sampson.
Yea I said AD is number 2 behind Zion. I agree with that. I was also just saying a side note that if Kylie played the entire season he would’ve been number 1. He was the best player when we look at skills on the court and production than we’ve seen this decade

I remember seeing a statistic that Kyrie's small sample size offensively if stretched out for a whole season would have been within a couple of points of Zion's record-breaking earth-shattering PER. So yeah, offensively, I think Kyrie was right there with Zion.

However, Kyrie was nowhere near the defender that Zion was. So even had Kyrie played a whole year, I don't think he would have came too close to Zion as far as being the best player of the past 10 years.

The better debate with Kyrie is had he played a full year is that considered one of the best Duke teams ever??? I say, HELL YES.

AD changed the game on the defensive end; Zion changed THE entire game!

Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT