ADVERTISEMENT

UK/Georgia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
The game was tied at the half --- 32-32. It's been a fun watch so far.

First TV timeout of the second half and UK is up 43-39. Not sure if Georgia has the horses to hang in.

A 6-0 run by the Bulldogs has them up 45-43 with 12:43 left. UK looks to be panicking a bit on offense. Good timeout here by Calipari.

I just told my wife I hope nobody posts about this game because it jinxes it every time. Dang you dj.

Originally posted by Showenuff:
I just told my wife I hope nobody posts about this game because it jinxes it every time. Dang you dj.
Hahaha...sorry man.

It's 54-47 with under 10 to play. UK cannot stop Georgia right now. I think the Bulldogs have scored seven straight possessions.

I'm torn here. My heart wants Kentucky to lose, but my head says its better if they go undefeated into the tournament with all that pressure to go 40-0.

There must be a sniper in the building....I think one of the Harrison twins just got shot, or he flopped.

Originally posted by HeLooks2MuchLikeDave:
I'm torn here. My heart wants Kentucky to lose, but my head says its better if they go undefeated into the tournament with all that pressure to go 40-0.
I'm not torn at all. I want them to lose.

OVC

Originally posted by dukiejay:
There must be a sniper in the building....I think one of the Harrison twins just got shot, or he flopped.
I'm not watching but was it as good as Ty Zeller's. OFC

Georgia is kind of wilting here....they were in a good spot up six with the ball. Now it's really tight again and they're missing FTs.

KY will win, but I'm more scared of a Wisky rematch at this point.

Bilas mentioned Duke as one of the teams that had a chance against Kentucky, but then pretty much said because of the size of our guards we probably couldn't beat them. I disagree. Our guards aren't big, but they're pretty damn good, and they'll cause some problems of their own.

OFC

This post was edited on 3/3 11:17 PM by OldasdirtDevil

God I hope we get them in the tourney.
I don't. I'd hope they're out already by that time. UK is really good. Not unbeatable, but they get just such easy baskets with their size.

We can give them problems but they do the same for us.

I hope we never, ever have to play Kentucky unless its the Championship game.

Maybe it's being a homer, but I'm not that concerned with a potential KY matchup. Especially if they're undefeated. They're not going to blow Duke, or any top team, out in the tournament. It'll be close and I don't think KY will fair well in a shootout, which happens more often than not in March. Theyre big and deep but theyre still limited to 5 guys on the court.

I wouldn't trade Jah or Justise for Towns or Stein. I certainly wouldn't trade Jones or Cook for the Twins. I'd trade their bench for ours, but that's it and come March bench play doesn't mean much.

This post was edited on 3/3 11:34 PM by FearTheBeard

Originally posted by gottagonow:
Same. I want no part of that. Let Virginia have at them.

I think it would be a great game. I think our overall size would be the deciding factor, but you guys have a great team, especially whe the wings hit the outside shot... Would be fun to watch

They play like that, Duke beats them by 10-15. Ga missed plenty of wide-open looks in the first half and made numerous bonehead turnovers. They did, however, expose what will beat UK.

Just what I was thinking too, Show. OFC

th

I'd rather face UK in National Semi's, more time to prepare & rest.

Sheewww that was close. The refs really almost cost UK a game there.

I watched with game with my UK fan in-laws. It's amazing how brazen the refs are at cheating UK on prime-time, national television.

Pull their bigs away from the basket and make them move. Drive-and-kick. On D, run zone, make them shoot over you, and double Towns in the post (if possible). Yes, Duke's lead guards are small, but the Harrisons would have a tough time staying in front of them. GA had a PG last night who struggled dribbling the ball when left alone, and even he was getting into the paint.

As a side note - I'd love to see Lyles trying to stay with Winslow. They could go small and put a Harrison "stunt man" (stunt man since they dive so well) or a SF on him, but I am confident that it would work in Duke's favor there.

Count me among those who would prefer not to see them. They aren't invincible, but avoiding all that size wouldn't bother me a bit.

If Duke does see them, fans can take solace in the fact that Duke, just like UK last night, has shown the ability to make the plays at the end of tight games it takes to win, and that while UK has done that against teams like Georgia, a 15 loss Florida team, and LSU, Duke has done it against the likes of Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and UVA.

Originally posted by crazyduke3:
Originally posted by gottagonow:
Same. I want no part of that. Let Virginia have at them.
Man, a UVA-Kentucky game would be epic. I would love to see that one.

UGA shot 17% from 3 and 50% from the line, including missing 3 crucial front-end 1and1s. But they got a lot of easy layups driving to the basket which surprised me. On the other end, Towns was unstoppable catching the ball within 7 feet of the hoop. He went over the top every time. I think we can beat them if our outside shot is falling. Okafor will score at will on Towns/Dakari/Stein if they play him 1 on 1. The problem is I don't think he will make his move fast enough to beat the help. Stein gets there in a flash. If they double early, we better make the extra pass and knock down some open shots.

For those of you saying you want to see them in the tourney, I only agree because that means we are likely in the Final Four. But they are a handful and they play their best ball in the clutch. As do we.

Uk is not great all time team. They should have lost to Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU, UGA, and struggled with Columbia. There are couple of other games that teams hung around way too long. It's not like is some murderer's row. They haven't played 1 team that can shoot. If they play one team that can score from a variety of ways (I know of one. We root for them), they will get beat. They don't shoot it well. They are just big. That's it. Duke is more skilled. More battle tested. Have the best player on the court. Another Top 10 pick in Winslow. And the best pure PG in the country. And a senior leader draining 3s.

SEC is garbage, UK should be undefeated with that talent.

SEC loves saying they are best conference in football, well their hoops level of play is pretty poor.

SEC hoops is equivalent of ACC football. One powerhouse and mediocrity below.

UK is undefeated and #1 and as long as they stay undefeated they will stay #1. As far as I'm concerned I hope they get beat 1st round of the NCAA tourney I really don't want to play them. I just want to win the NC and don't care who we beat to win it. OFC

Georgia played great and Fox coached his butt off it was a great game for sure. We ended the game after being down 9 with 9 to go on a 25-8 run. Our defense especially inside did not play well. This is probably a nice wake up call just as good as a loss before the tournys start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT