ADVERTISEMENT

Two Zion thoughts....

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
Did you notice…… That on Jack Whites put back dunk, when Zion could have tried to go for it, he instead stood there and screamed, celebrating with him? Check it out, around six minutes into the second… A great team moment from the kid.

Also, I love the way he walks. He has a swagger, a waddling swagger that I love. The guy is huge and he knows it :)

Do you think he will hit the freshman wall? Bagley may be the only freshman I’ve ever seen that didn’t have a stretch of bad play at a point in his freshman year. I hope Zion is the second. RJ and Cam will hit it at some point being that they are more perimeter oriented than Zion

Only way I see Zion hitting a wall is if teams play a lot of zone, and even then I think that wall would be considered a good game for the average basketball starter

Do you think he will hit the freshman wall? Bagley may be the only freshman I’ve ever seen that didn’t have a stretch of bad play at a point in his freshman year. I hope Zion is the second. RJ and Cam will hit it at some point being that they are more perimeter oriented than Zion

Did you all know that there has been a new rule instituted in CIS because of Zion? It flies in the face of tradition, but Zion isn't allowed to slap the floor due to fear of putting holes in the hardwood.

I’m not sure RJ hits that wall. He may shoot 35-40% from the floor a few games in February. He affects the game in so many ways, so positively I can’t see him being ineffective for a long stretch like a lot of periemeter players experience.

Pack the lane on Zion and you might make his potentially insane FG% dip. The good news is, pack the lane on Zion and everyone else eats.

I guess this has been answered, but, has Zion been cleared by the FBI? I had a holes fan tell me that he had been cleared by the NCAA but not the FBI. Anyone know for sure?

Reactions: skysdad
I guess this has been answered, but, has Zion been cleared by the FBI? I had a holes fan tell me that he had been cleared by the NCAA but not the FBI. Anyone know for sure?

If you get the chance, and happen to run into that fan again, could you just run it by him that I said he’s a complete dumbass ? Thanks in advance.

If you get the chance, and happen to run into that fan again, could you just run it by him that I said he’s a complete dumbass ? Thanks in advance.

And make sure he knows that what he better HOPE gets cleared, is the runway when Zion heads down it....don't want any of his players injured.

I guess he will not be entirely until he is cleared by guru Gary -7 and his committee. OFC

Man rival fans are complete idiots.

I think Bigfoot is still under investigation though. UK and UNC fans get on it and give us the real scoop!

Last edited:
Man rival fans are complete idiots.

I think Big Foot is still under investigation though. UK and UNC fans get on it and give us the real scoop!

Haha!! There is a lady at the lake that I argue with all the time about Bigfoot! She is positive it's real. My argument is how in the hell has a deer hunter not killed one in the last 200 years.....the answer....they are too smart!! Ky fan!!!!

Haha!! There is a lady at the lake that I argue with all the time about Bigfoot! She is positive it's real. My argument is how in the hell has a deer hunter not killed one in the last 200 years.....the answer....they are too smart!! Ky fan!!!!

Here's an eye witness account. OFC

Zion is ready to go. No worries! The only thing that is worrisome is you believing an idiot and probably delusional hole fan:p:D

Okay, some more Zion thoughts.

First, his free throw shooting form is... stiff. Very stiff.

Second, anyone else notice his walk? It’s very particular. It’s almost like he is leaning forward as he moves... maybe predatorial?

Third, he hustles like a mofo. The last star who hustled like that was Kyle.

Fourth, I’d love to see improvement over the year with his outside shot. He will need to add that weapon... I don’t mind him developing it early.

Finally, love him. The Baker story is great, his welcome when AOC came back to the bench after that dunk, his miming along with the Crazies absentmindedly from the bench... he really seems like a great kid.

Okay, some more Zion thoughts.

First, his free throw shooting form is... stiff. Very stiff.

Second, anyone else notice his walk? It’s very particular. It’s almost like he is leaning forward as he moves... maybe predatorial?

Third, he hustles like a mofo. The last star who hustled like that was Kyle.

Fourth, I’d love to see improvement over the year with his outside shot. He will need to add that weapon... I don’t mind him developing it early.

Finally, love him. The Baker story is great, his welcome when AOC came back to the bench after that dunk, his miming along with the Crazies absentmindedly from the bench... he really seems like a great kid.

I see the same thing you are saying with his walk. It's a lot more than just getting from point A to point B. Hard to describe. But there is definite purpose in his stride. And I don't think he is doing it on purpose.

LOVE his hustle. I was thinking that today watching him go hard after balls that he really had no chance to get.

he really does get excited for other teammates.

Always smiling . Kid is having a blast and making it all look easy.
He is already one of my top 10 favorites of all time .....I "think"!!
I haven't actually counted it up.

When Zion decides to make a play, it is over. When he makes a mistake, watch him kick it into another gear. Or when he doesn't quite get a ball he was after, he kicks it in. I really think the worst thing an opposing team could do is piss him off. He would be truly unstoppable.

If Zion hits a wall, the wall will lose.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
One thing that was mentioned during the game today that I thought was really cool and shows that Zion is a down to earth kid is when the announcers were talking about the Sports Illustrated cover photo and how when Zion saw that Joey Baker hadn’t been invited, he insisted that Joey Baker be in the photo with them because he’s part of the Duke freshman class.

Reactions: DukefanKY
One thing that was mentioned during the game today that I thought was really cool and shows that Zion is a down to earth kid is when the announcers were talking about the Sports Illustrated cover photo and how when Zion saw that Joey Baker hadn’t been invited, he insisted that Joey Baker be in the photo with them because he’s part of the Duke freshman class.

Yeah I caught that too....love this kid. He's gonna go down as one of my all time favorite I think

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Did you all know that there has been a new rule instituted in CIS because of Zion? It flies in the face of tradition, but Zion isn't allowed to slap the floor due to fear of putting holes in the hardwood.

In China. If he slaps the floor, it will create holes in China. That could be disastrous for all of humanity given the tense situation politically that currently exists between the two nations.

Yeah I caught that too....love this kid. He's gonna go down as one of my all time favorite I think

Zion, and probably RJ, will Duke's version(s) of Michael Jordan. Long after K has retired, these two guys will be dominating in the NBA, and will be the guys Duke uses to recruit in HS. Regardless of what they achieve this year, they will be the two most important recruits/players of K's tenure, because they are the guys that will help Duke's success endure beyond K.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT