ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter reporting Duval to Duke

You agreed on the message about conversations about starting above...I knew he eoyldnt promise anybody anything...that's why I asked

You agreed on the message about conversations about starting above...I knew he eoyldnt promise anybody anything...that's why I asked
Did hokie say promise ? I'm confused...o gotcha misread. my bad. yea I could see capel promising that though ..never k imo but could be wrong idk

Did hokie say promise ? I'm confused...o gotcha misread. my bad. yea I could see capel promising that though ..never k imo but could be wrong idk

No you didn't say promise but the way I read it is if they talk about starting during a conversation and that decided if he is coming or not then he would need a promise to start...and I never see K doing that either

No you didn't say promise but the way I read it is if they talk about starting during a conversation and that decided if he is coming or not then he would need a promise to start...and I never see K doing that either
Gotcha ..I don't necessarily think he needs a guarantee ..I'm just agreeing that it would at least be brought up ..

Do you think grabbing these two means Jackson is gone? I kinda have a gut feeling he's staying in the draft... want him to stay but whatever he decides I'll be happy for him!

Personally, I see Frank coming back. Who knows? Maybe this was K and staff's strategy to get Duval and Knox. Both Knox and Duval would have already comitted by the time Jackson either signs with an agent or comes back to Duke. Not to mention the most talented starting 5 would be:

Duval - PG
Jackson - SG
Allen - SF
Knox - PF
Carter - C

In regards to first round promises, I've always wondered this... What happens if a higher ranked player unexpectedly slips to your draft position? Do you think a front office would back out from their promise to the original player and draft their higher rated player?

Sort of like Diallo, as he will be taken as a combo guard over Jackson.

Do you think K promises him he will be a starter?

No. However, Knox has been recruited on the basis of a.) being one and done and b.) having a role similar to Grant, Shane, Jabari, Brandon, Justise, and Jayson. As versatile as he is, and as much playing time as he could muster with his role, he doesn't necessarily "need" to start. But, try telling that to an 18 year old haha.

Anyway, of course they have discussed his chances to start and what he would need to do, as well as K's desire to develop him into a starter. If he were to announce Duke, I think Knox will start early and often.

I just hope they're willing to play defense

And ... that the staff will put them on the court. If Frank comes back and we land both Duval and Knox, that is quite a bit of talent. We'd have four guards (Frank, Grayson, Duval, Trent Jr), 2 C/PFs (Bolden, Carter) and 2 SFs (Knox, Delaurier) - to go with Vrank, White, and Robinson.

Reactions: Showenuff
I just hope they're willing to play defense

Duval is a very solid defender, on par with Derryck Thornton IMO. Javin getting some playing time will go a long way in how the defense develops. AV can be a good rim protector and rebounder and the jury is out on Bolden. Getting Knox who is known to enjoy defense will be huge and Trent is also known as a bulldog. Last year was a potentially more talented team, but this season's team could be a lot "tougher". If Frank were to come back, that just makes Duke even more dangerous. I would love to see Grayson have the kind of season that may put him in jersey hanging territory.

Reactions: twdukefan
Duval is a very solid defender, on par with Derryck Thornton IMO. Javin getting some playing time will go a long way in how the defense develops. AV can be a good rim protector and rebounder and the jury is out on Bolden. Getting Knox who is known to enjoy defense will be huge and Trent is also known as a bulldog. Last year was a potentially more talented team, but this season's team could be a lot "tougher". If Frank were to come back, that just makes Duke even more dangerous. I would love to see Grayson have the kind of season that may put him in jersey hanging territory.
I wholeheartedly agree with this: Duval can D up, along with Wendell. Trent's mentality is that of a guy who relishes having the chance to shut down an opponent's shooting guard, so at least on paper these guys will bring a more defensive mindset in addition to their offensive presence

Knox has stated that he likes to man up defensively

Knox, Duval, and Jackson prob means a 7 man rotation with the best of Javin/Vrank/Jack/Alex getting the scraps based on score, fouls, conditioning, and injuries. So, even if the "best 5" get 30 min/gm between them, That still leaves 25 min/gm for the 2 guys who don't get the most minutes. That is with zero injuries or foul trouble to the guys ahead of them and doesn't account for varying lineups due to matchups. If you can't compete with/for that scenario, then fine. But, minutes shouldn't be deterring anyone with confidence in their ability to compete.

That would be
Duval
Jackson
Grayson
Trent
Knox
Carter
Bolden

So I guess the debate will start of
1- will K go big or small
2- who isn't starting

Fellas, I am sooooo excited to hear these murmurs. My only hope is the young'ins talk on defense, we will be given examples of why Amile was so important to our team this coming season.

Anyone have an idea on what day this will officially pop?

I'll believe the defense when I see it. Ecstatic about getting an elite PG though. Game changer.

Wish we were bringing in another 3-4 year point guard too. I'll try to withhold my greediness though and just enjoy this possible win.

I'll believe the defense when I see it. Ecstatic about getting an elite PG though. Game changer.

Wish we were bringing in another 3-4 year point guard too. I'll try to withhold my greediness though and just enjoy this possible win.

Darius Garland & Tre Jones will be apart of the 2018 class, No worries young Padawan.

Jake, the thing I love about that lineup is that K can go big or small and probably have the depth to stick to either with any kind of contributions from Javin, Vrank, Jack. or Alex. We would have seen that this year IMO if we didn't get slammed by injuries. Starting lineup should change throughout the year based on matchups if everyone stays healthy and contributes as expected.

If a player is not healthy or contributing, they really don't have anything to complain about. Neither should we. Also with so many Frosh, fouls will be a prob for some, allowing others to get minutes and an opportunity to earn more PT. Also, the bigs can't always stay on the court for 30 minutes due to conditioning anyway, regardless of how good they are. This is more opportunity for Frank, Trent Jr., and Knox to get their time. If Knox and Frank are there, of course. Not counting my chickens just yet.

I have a feeling Javin will seperate himself during summer and fall practice and will earn himself 15 minutes per game. We should have a solid 8 man rotation without a drop off in performance when any of the 3 players off the bench come in.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbav
K does very well when his players are versatile defenders bc they switch on screens etc... Javin has the motor, the athleticism and the smarts to pick it up, no doubt. But it's his basketball skills that need to improve some as well as his eagerness (or aggressiveness) bc reach in, bump or bite on fakes.

Javin did not get the play time as a FR like Lance or Amile did but he could have the same development curve. At least I hope he does. I'd be interested in seeing how much strength he adds to his 6-10 220 listing and what parts of his game have progressed.

How the hell u post pictures! Lol

Here is a gif I made a pretty good while back, IPsycho. My writing is a bit sloppy, but if you start at the beginning and follow the numbers you should be able to post a pic. Now the exception to the instructions is that if the picture you want to post is on your hard drive, then you right click (to copy) the picture (on your hard drive) then proceed to 'Photobucket', and follow the rest of the directions from there.

You'll need to first sign up for a Photobucket account (it's free), or another photo hosting site before you start. If you choose a different photo hosting site other than Photobucket, the instructions may be slightly different (at the photo site), but would be the same once posting pics on DI.

Picture%20Posting%20Instruction%205%20Second%20Frames%20gif_1.gif

OFC

Here is a gif I made a pretty good while back, IPsycho. My writing is a bit sloppy, but if you start at the beginning and follow the numbers you should be able to post a pic. Now the exception to the instructions is that if the picture you want to post is on your hard drive, then you right click (to copy) the picture (on your hard drive) then proceed to 'Photobucket', and follow the rest of the directions from there.

OFC

Hey buddy. Good to hear from you. OFC

You'll need to first sign up for a Photobucket account (it's free), or another photo hosting site before you start. If you choose a different photo hosting site other than Photobucket, the instructions may be slightly different (at the photo site), but would be the same once posting pics on DI.

OFC
Ahh thanks man I'm on an iPhone though so nvm.to much for me. Dwas going to post a pic of frank me but I'm not good on computers as you can tell as I type lol or phones obviously. They need to fix this where it's easier..I k ow it's a security issue but my god what's the worst you can post ? A pair of tits?? This is 2017 where the internet gives u the opportunity to view whatever you want in about 5 secs...If ur able to create an account here I'm sure you've been exposed to about everything known to man before by now ..I don't get it .. lol

Ahh thanks man I'm on an iPhone though so nvm.to much for me. Dwas going to post a pic of frank me but I'm not good on computers as you can tell as I type lol or phones obviously. They need to fix this where it's easier..I k ow it's a security issue but my god what's the worst you can post ? A pair of tits?? This is 2017 where the internet gives u the opportunity to view whatever you want in about 5 secs...If ur able to create an account here I'm sure you've been exposed to about everything known to man before by now ..I don't get it .. lol

Sorry about that, IPsycho, don't know about iPhone directions. I did find this though, at the link below. It may help you upload pictures to Photobucket. Don't know if this helps or not, but it's all I've got.

Oh, and I can post the pic for you, if you want to email me the picture. My email is: oldasdirtdevil@hotmail.com. Don't know if you want to do that, but I thought I would offer it. No problem either way.

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200727804-Introducing-Auto-Backup-for-iPhone

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT