ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter reporting Duval to Duke

Was it Duval or Knox that said that they were going to announce sometime between May 1st to May 7th?

Starting to see some reports on twitter that Duval is committing to Duke.

Have heard from multiple people that Duval was in Durham last week filming his commitment video so I think it's safe to say that he's all in. Getting a bunch of news that Knox is also coming to Duke is huge. He gives us the ability to play a lot of different lineups, as he could play the 2, 3 or 4.

Hopefully, Bamba goes to Texas if he's not coming to Duke. Just don't want to see him at Kentucky. Potentially losing Diallo and missing on Bamba takes away UK's best scorer in Diallo and best big man.

Have heard from multiple people that Duval was in Durham last week filming his commitment video so I think it's safe to say that he's all in. Getting a bunch of news that Knox is also coming to Duke is huge. He gives us the ability to play a lot of different lineups, as he could play the 2, 3 or 4.

Hopefully, Bamba goes to Texas if he's not coming to Duke. Just don't want to see him at Kentucky. Potentially losing Diallo and missing on Bamba takes away UK's best scorer in Diallo and best big man.

Agree and with Bam hiring an agent and staying in the draft they would be in rough shape.

Great news. Love this kids game.

Still wish we had Frank coming back though.
Maybe just maybe he comes back. Not sleeping on it though, but if he does,,,whew, what fun it will be watching this team. Frank was such a physical player. He was one of very few that can play thru physicality and still get the ball on the rim.

Reactions: xxbigsig05xx
As much as I loved Frank's game if it means getting Knox and Duval instead I'll take that trade. Duval is the true PG we need and Knox gives us length and versatility and I've watched his youtube videos and the kid has a great work ethic. I'm already getting my hopes up for next season, no way this can end badly, right?

We're trending up big time for Knox! The last 4 predictions on Crystal Ball having him going to Duke. 3 of them coming from The Devils Den guys.

As much as I loved Frank's game if it means getting Knox and Duval instead I'll take that trade. Duval is the true PG we need and Knox gives us length and versatility and I've watched his youtube videos and the kid has a great work ethic. I'm already getting my hopes up for next season, no way this can end badly, right?

Bout fell outa my chair on that one!

I too will take Duval and Knox. I know many are jaded to the one and done idea, especially loading your roster with them, especially considering the large sample size people are drawing conclusions from, but sign me up for as much talent as possible each and every year!

I believe Duke will end up with Knox & Duval.

Do you think grabbing these two means Jackson is gone? I kinda have a gut feeling he's staying in the draft... want him to stay but whatever he decides I'll be happy for him!

I worry about the lack of leadership with next years team without Frank coming back. Sorry but I'm not sure Grayson has the maturity to lead a team himself to the final four. Maybe I'm wrong but Duke championship teams always have two things: great point guard play and strong leadership.

Another crystal ball pick for Knox from Ross Martin this time. I bet he agonized over it when he changed his pick back to Duke:D:p

Even if we land Duval and Knox (won't believe it till it happens) I think there is a strong chance Frank returns. Frank put his name in the draft, as he should, just like all the UNC and UK guys.

If he ends up being projected in the top 20 of this draft (which I don't see, given the talent pool) than I would support him if he leaves. I'm thinking he gets feedback to come back 1 more year and improve his ball-handling, and becomes a pick in the 10-20 range next draft.

It could be worse guys, we could have players with zero chance of being drafted signing with agents, Cough "Issac Humphries" Cough.

I haven't heard anything different regarding Knox. I still expect he ends up at UNC. If he has indeed changed his mind, that tells me something may be happening in Chapel Hill and some guys may be leaving.

I worry about the lack of leadership with next years team without Frank coming back. Sorry but I'm not sure Grayson has the maturity to lead a team himself to the final four. Maybe I'm wrong but Duke championship teams always have two things: great point guard play and strong leadership.
I see what you are saying but many probably would have said the same thing about Quinn Cook after his Junior year. Grayson has it in him.

Do you think grabbing these two means Jackson is gone? I kinda have a gut feeling he's staying in the draft... want him to stay but whatever he decides I'll be happy for him!

Yes. He's going to play out well at the combine and people already like his game. IMO Jackson is gone and Knox and Duval come to Duke wrapping things up in recruiting.

Yes. He's going to play out well at the combine and people already like his game. IMO Jackson is gone and Knox and Duval come to Duke wrapping things up in recruiting.

Thanks hokie! Sucks I would love to have frank back but I'm happy for him to reach his dream of playing in the NBA!

Duval
Allen
Knox
Carter
Bolden

Trent jr
Javin
Vrank
White
O Connell

That's a damn good team if it comes out to that

IMO Frank will be looking for a 1st round promise. It is hard to imagine he will get one...maybe from the Jazz from Snyder with one of their later picks.

If he returns to Duke...the draft likely gets a little lighter but even as he improves...his stock may not.

I really hope he comes back and I do think he will...but won't blame him if he goes.

In regards to first round promises, I've always wondered this... What happens if a higher ranked player unexpectedly slips to your draft position? Do you think a front office would back out from their promise to the original player and draft their higher rated player?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT