ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter got "Lively" over this....

I assumed this was a shot at Calipari, Louisville’s main rival. Every draft, not only does Cal make sure he is seen, he usually gets a couple minutes of TV time to sell his program.

Also the rumor I read on Twitter was that Lively and his family invited Jon to be there.

Reactions: ioliva
I saw people talking about this. Some think it was directed at Jon; some at Cal. Either way it seemed a little chippy. I hope it wasn't directed at Jon. My guess is it was Cal.

You always see college coaches at this event as a means of support. If the coach and player don't have the best relationship, usually it's documented. Then you have situations that should never get out to the public.

Whatever the case, congrats to Lively, Dariq and Jon!

Reactions: Liftee
Really? Tweet from Brendan Marks (Duke/UNCheat beat writer for The Athletic):

"BTW, for #Duke fans watching the draft live, Dereck Lively II invited Jon Scheyer to sit with him and his family tonight."

I didn’t disagree with that part

I read that it wasn’t directed at Jon. Nolan also said on Twitter last nights that he had zero hard feelings toward Jon and didn’t think that he should have the HC job over Jon.

But I couldn’t care less what he thinks or says. He left Duke to be at Louisville. Just like Freeman leaving the Braves. I just write them off and look forward to beating them every chance we get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT